+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krystallxx View Post
    Yep I would .. I love eminem

My kids have no choice ATM they listen to eminem and all other songs that swear, promote drugs, alcohol etc. I plan to educate my children that it's just music, doesn't mean it's real or true. I listened to eminem and whatever else I wanted to growing up and I'm fine
    This ^^^^

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I listen to far worse in the car with the kids than a bit of tame Eminem. I don't like him anymore anyway his earlier stuff was good but now he's gone boring and main******...trying to make money I guess.

If my 13 y/o was listening to that sort of music I would be relieved that they weren't emo and that they had good taste in music. I don't think I would allow my child to stay living with me if they were Coldplay or Angus and Julia Stone fans YUKKKK

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep I would and my kids listen to him now when im playing it (his earlier stuff) I also listen to ICP and other crude things around my kids. They know its music, they know the arent to repeat the naughty words and they know its not real.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
    I listen to far worse in the car with the kids than a bit of tame Eminem. I don't like him anymore anyway his earlier stuff was good but now he's gone boring and main******...trying to make money I guess.

If my 13 y/o was listening to that sort of music I would be relieved that they weren't emo and that they had good taste in music. I don't think I would allow my child to stay living with me if they were Coldplay or Angus and Julia Stone fans YUKKKK
    Coldplay .. Makes my skin crawl

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I dunno, probably.

I like Eminem because his songs often tend to be about personal issues, rather than just singing about something random that has nothing to do with him. I also think a lot of his songs have some sort of message...

I dislike the songs about using girls/women for sex (esp. the D12 songs... ew), etc, but I do like some of the others.

I don't believe though, that just because you listen to something your life will turn out that way. I am not violent or anything - but I listened to plenty of Eminem when I was a teenager. I liked Stan the best I think...

Anyway, yeah, I'd probably allow it. Obviously it's different to let a 15-year-old listen than a 6-year-old...

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Frankly, I would be fooling myself if I thought that I could control what my (hypothetical) 13yr old listens to. Cant shelter the kid forever. Im sure he'd download the song himself and play it on his ipod, whether I approve or not. My son is 7 and listens to Linkin Park and other 'questionable' artists...but he also listens to alot of 'wholesome, good' artists.

And for what its worth....I loved Eminem growing up and used to listen to his album ALOT. I knew his songs were a bit on the rough side and even though I loved the songs, I am yet to stuff my girlfriend in the boot of my car and take her off to bury her in the woods as a result of listening to it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    I am yet to stuff my girlfriend in the boot of my car and take her off to bury her in the woods as a result of listening to it.
    Bahahaha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Frankly, I would be fooling myself if I thought that I could control what my (hypothetical) 13yr old listens to. Cant shelter the kid forever. Im sure he'd download the song himself and play it on his ipod, whether I approve or not. My son is 7 and listens to Linkin Park and other 'questionable' artists...but he also listens to alot of 'wholesome, good' artists.

And for what its worth....I loved Eminem growing up and used to listen to his album ALOT. I knew his songs were a bit on the rough side and even though I loved the songs, I am yet to stuff my girlfriend in the boot of my car and take her off to bury her in the woods as a result of listening to it.
    This just reminded me of when I was 13. My mum had banned eminem from the house so I had to give her my cassette HA yes a cassette! So I started taking my discman to school with me and me and my friend would swap CD's I had a korn CD he had the eminem CD we'd swap in the morning and swap back after school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    LOL!!!!!

My kids (2 and 6) listen to whatever Im listening to. Its usually eminem, system of a down, limp bizkit or other things like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids listen to him now. As my husband listens to him in the car often. I bring my kids up to have better values and that what he sings about is just that a song. Ps I'd love to go see his concert.