+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I know what you mean I think I have an extra special bond with DS1 that I didn't have when I was with my ex.

And the bond I have with my 6 month old is incredible. I feel like we have this special connection because it was just him and I right from the start.

I agree that life is very rewarding being a single Mum!

Sent from my iPhone while breast feeding

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Exactly

When my now ex was horrible towards my son and for some strange reaon felt i had to explain to him why it really was not ok. I explained it perfectly by saying when i was pregnant with my son his father was cheating on me and didn't want him because he had allready got another woman pregnant. I had made the decision so keep him and i remember vividly waiting outside the operating theater doors before having my c section. I was terrified but i looked down at my belly and held it and told him that everything was going to be ok that i would take care of him and that i loved him. I went on to say that at that point (and this) i never imagined myself to end up with a man who did not like him and who was openly sarcastic and mocked him and thought badly of him and sought to separate us for his own selfish wants and needs. That is not what i had in mind for my precious little boy when i had him and that has not changed.
    He didn't have a lot to say in response but he didn't really change either so i left.

It's a long winded way or saying that it's really me and my children against the world. And if i am going to struggle in life in order to love, care for them and keep them close then i really can't think of a better reason to struggle you know?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laurea View Post
    Hello I hear you, being a single mother is hard but what most people don't realise about single motherhood is how rewarding it is as well. Well for me anyway. I adore my children and i am very close with them, i haven't forgotten how lucky i am. It can be hard for sure but i consider the problems associated with singlemotherhood to be 'quality problems' if you know what i mean..
    Know exactly what you mean - it IS awesome! and my little man and I have the most amazing bond as well. His Dad hasn't been there to 'parent' him like I have. He sees him all the time but I think he sees him as any other visitor...

Quality problems - exactly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laurea View Post
    Exactly

When my now ex was horrible towards my son and for some strange reaon felt i had to explain to him why it really was not ok. I explained it perfectly by saying when i was pregnant with my son his father was cheating on me and didn't want him because he had allready got another woman pregnant. I had made the decision so keep him and i remember vividly waiting outside the operating theater doors before having my c section. I was terrified but i looked down at my belly and held it and told him that everything was going to be ok that i would take care of him and that i loved him. I went on to say that at that point (and this) i never imagined myself to end up with a man who did not like him and who was openly sarcastic and mocked him and thought badly of him and sought to separate us for his own selfish wants and needs. That is not what i had in mind for my precious little boy when i had him and that has not changed.
    He didn't have a lot to say in response but he didn't really change either so i left.

It's a long winded way or saying that it's really me and my children against the world. And if i am going to struggle in life in order to love, care for them and keep them close then i really can't think of a better reason to struggle you know?
    Yes, I know

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to say how inspiring it is to read all of your posts! I'm a little terrified as I'm 13wks with my first & doing it solo. Nice to be able to see that there are others on here who have been in similar situations.
    Thanks!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aimztar For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (08-12-2011),Witwicky  (08-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Single Mums with newborns/bubs...

Hi , I am a single mum of two with another one on the way . moved from nz as a family 2 months ago . Too cut a long story short my ex is not father or partner material . I want to do what's best for my kids . I will be heading to Queensland on Thursday as my sister and mum live there . As much as u appreciate their help I want to be able to take care of myself and my kids . Any advice on where this pregnant lady could find a job or who would even employ one ?? I've learnt to get by on little as the ex controls all the money.thinking a cleaning job might be the go ?? any help or ideas would be great ! Keep on rocking it single mummas

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Single Mums with newborns/bubs...

Sorry for the typos, on my phone . Forgot to say we moved to Perth. I have a 5 yr old and 14 month old , both bouncy bundles of boys