+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow, do NOT apologise for ranting in this thread (or anywhere for that matter!)!

Sounds like a couple of you have every reason to rant - getting things off our chest is actually the best thing to do.

The way your ex(s) have carried on is completely horrid and only reflects on them and nobody else - well done for keeping your composure. How terrible for you to have to live with such juvenile behaviour. My ex is amiable and always agreeable thank goodness - he HAS behaved very selfishly and badly since we broke up though (he basically went from being the most loving, wonderful partner to totally distant overnight) - he just partied and picked up girls all over the place... He also did something very terrible that I will never, ever forgive him for. But that aside, and since our son was born he has gone above and beyond to make my life easier and be a big part of DS's life... He never argues with me and tries to help where he can but is also pretty under the thumb with his new partner and has to sneak in visits during work hours to see DS aside from his fortnightly weekend visits.

Thank god he's not a tool like some other d**k-heads out there that do everything they can to make their ex's life difficult. I'm all too familiar with this type of guy as I've seen it before and am myself a product of broken marriage and bitter parents who insisted on behaving worse than children. I refuse to go down this path with me ex becasue it solves nothing and I want my DS to see me happy, not angry.

Hugs to you!! That's got to be so tough. Don't worry, like I said above, his behaviour only reflects on him and not you. Hang in there and come here and rant all you want lady, we're here for you!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

laurea  (04-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies
    i'm a 35yr old single mum who knew from the day i found out i was pregnant that i was going to have to do it alone. Now i just get the cold shoulder from my ex which kind of amuses me some days.... our daughter behaves better than he does sometimes nothing verbal thank god just actions and things he says to our mutual friends.

My DD is 2.5yrs and is my world shes an absolute delight and i thank god for her every day. She has never meet her 'sperm donor' as we refer to him in our family which i believe is his loss not ours. My DD has 3 siblings she will never get to meet all with different mothers which i found out about after i was pregnant ex also has a violent side that i never saw all i can think is maybe i bought out the best in him and maybe i'm just to much of a happy go lucky person to push his buttons.

I'm VERY lucky i have lots of support from family and friends but in the end i'm the mummy and i make all the decisions and i'm the one who has to cope with the fact that i have to work and be away from my baby when i'd rather be at home. But i think that is something that all parents go through.

I don't want my DD to be an only child so am planning baby no 2 with a wonderful donor. We are doing the TWW at the moment.

Ladies you all sound like strong women and i wish you the best looking forward to getting to know some of you as time goes on.

yeeee for single mums

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nelle7250 For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (14-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nelle i think you are very lucky Especially with the father being as awful as you say it's probably a blessing for you and your little one that he stayed away.
    Don't get me wrong i am a single mum also and have 3 children to one and 1 to another and we get along great. They are good dads and i am really fortunate with how we work together to take care of our children. Good dads are awesome. But if the father is a malicious vindictive sort of person then they will only bring negativity and problems and set bad confusing examples for the children growing up not knowing how a father should be towards the mother of their children - protective and supportive- *not* someone to be feared and or hurt by in any way.

You sound like a great mum

How many days is it now until you can test?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great to have other single Mums here, and great to see another 30-something single Mum... it's a lonely place as most other single Mums I come accross (with babies that is, not so much older children) are younger. If any of you are in the Sydney area, PM me and we can meet up

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

laurea  (15-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I've been MIA for a while. My beautiful little baby girl was born on Saturday night so I have been otherwise occupied! Hope everyone is going well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have an 8yo now but was on my own from the time of conception so yes I was a sole parent of a baby. It's been the 2 of us on our own ever s ince then too

10. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

laurea  (07-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbaboyandbump View Post
    Sorry I've been MIA for a while. My beautiful little baby girl was born on Saturday night so I have been otherwise occupied! Hope everyone is going well
    Ow wow!! I need to check in more often!! Congratulations!! How wonderful - how are you going with it all? Bub doing fine? Precious, kudos to you

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi

I'm a single Mum to a 6 month old and a two year old. I became single three weeks before my little bubba was born...I've come a long way since then, but what an awful, rocky road it has been.

Being a single Mum to a newborn (and a toddler at the same time) was incredibly difficult It's still hard now but at least DS2 is sleeping longer and feeding less frequently.

Hello to all of the other single Mum's to babies!

Sent from my iPhone while breast feeding

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbaboyandbump View Post
    Congratulations Hope you are both doing well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    Hi

I'm a single Mum to a 6 month old and a two year old. I became single three weeks before my little bubba was born...I've come a long way since then, but what an awful, rocky road it has been.

Being a single Mum to a newborn (and a toddler at the same time) was incredibly difficult It's still hard now but at least DS2 is sleeping longer and feeding less frequently.

Hello to all of the other single Mum's to babies!

Hello I hear you, being a single mother is hard but what most people don't realise about single motherhood is how rewarding it is as well. Well for me anyway. I adore my children and i am very close with them, i haven't forgotten how lucky i am. It can be hard for sure but i consider the problems associated with singlemotherhood to be 'quality problems' if you know what i mean..
    Last edited by laurea; 07-11-2011 at 08:12.