+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Teething necklaces??

Just wondering if anyone uses the teething necklaces. Which one do you use? AND do they actually work??

My DS is teething BAD and neurfen doenst seem to be working. Was thinking of a necklace, ive heard good things about them. The thing is, hes worse over night and you cant use the necklaces over night right??

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was skeptical at first but was willing to give anything a go with my DD!!

We have a Baltic amber teething necklace and swear by it now! Since she has been wearing it, she has shown hardly no signs of teething.

I got hers on eBay from a reputable seller... A life in harmony (or similar?) - it was $20 and money well spent IMO.

At night, we just take it off from around her neck and wrap it around her ankle under a pair of socks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We have been using the baltic amber ones since DS was 3 months old ( they look very cute too!) he has 8 teeth ( he is now 11 months) has never had any pandol/teething gels has always slept through the night, the only way we know he may be getting a tooth is that his cheeks go red the day before and he drools a lot more! We didn't even know he had his first one until my SIL noticed it !
    He does not know he is wearing it, the only time we take it off is in the bath, yes he wears it overnight, the beads are quite small and are individually beaded so if it ever snaps only 1 bead would fall off, when he gets older or when he does start noticing it i may think about taking it off at night but so far no problems! There have been 1 or 2 times when after a bath we forget to put it back on and that night he has a bad sleep!
    A lot of my friends/family now use them and have had the same results, I get mine from amberteethingnecklaces.com.au , and for $20 they are really worth a try

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS2 has had a bracelet on since he was 11wks old. I think it works. Ive just bought him a necklace as the closer to the site of the pain the better apparently. They can wear them over night. They are designed to break under pressure and most necklaces have the beads individually knotted so if it does break only one will fall off. I got mine from Allaboutamber dot com dot au

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have one for DS since the second time he was teething. The first time he was a terror of a child. The second time, I was at wits end and got a teething necklace even though I was skeptical. Looking back, it was the best purchase I have made, that's related to teething. A lot of people will put the necklace around the ankle at night. I have had it on DS's neck for 1.5 year now and he still hasn't noticed it. He's used to it being there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use the Baltic one and it is on my bub 24/7. I tuck it under his top, he never plays with it, it's never been a drama. Are you aware that you can give panadol and nurofen half an hour apart if need be? I find that really does make a difference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got one necklace as a gift I was really skeptical about them, but it really works. I did some research and it seems necklaces from Lithuania are the best quality, and I found out that necklaces that are made from whiter amber contain higher concentrations of succinic acid which is what helps the child. I bought my friends teething necklaces from an e-shop I think it was called ambereshop.com and my friends were really happy with the quality of the necklaces and the effect they had. The necklaces where made by somekind safety standards so they had clasps that break if too much force is applied and they where knoted after each bead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought one and I'm still skeptical. It doesn't seem to make any difference during the day, and he can't wear it to bed when the pain is worse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I should also add that DS1 had 16 out of 20 teeth come through with us hardly noticing, DS2 is cutting tooth number 12 now and he's let us know about every one. I'm fairly convinced that they work by placebo - placebo for the parents that is. Also, a friend who is a very active member of our local gem society reckons amber is very expensive and for the price you pay for the necklaces there can't be much amber in them. Maybe you don't need much for it to work, but it's worth a thought.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I believe that they work... I had off for a while as I didn't believe it at first either but after going through the pain of the first couple I thought we need to try anything.

I got mine of eBay from a seller called alifeinharmony as in registered for the Baltic genuine amber. I paid $35 for my necklace and anklet, the anklet never comes off and the necklace a wrap around his other ankle during sleeps (he sleeps in a sleeping bag), ever tooth since then has been heaps better, the worse I've put up with now is 1 bad night for each of his 2 molars

Yep, it's another iPhone