+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Stubborn Ox is offline Can't wait to meet our little baby this year!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So DTD every second day before leaving for Sydney didn't work! I'm still not pregnant but it would seem tonight is the night or the next few nights...

How are we all???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Stubborn Ox! Was wondering how you were going no luck here. After 4 years TTC have been diagnosed with extreme endometriosis as well as PCOS. Had a laparoscopy just over am week ago and I was a mess inside. Adhesions and fibroids as well. So had this month off TTC as no DTD for 2 weeks. Not ovulating effectively either and estrogen low so goin on the pill to sort hormones out then onto clomid and then looking at IVF next year. Not what I had hoped for obviously, but at least we are on the right track now...

Hopefully this month is successful for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so sorry to read it! Oh that makes me so sad... How far will you have to travel for IVF??? That was my biggest worry but hopefully this will be our month and come August/September our healthy baby will be born. So what is your next step?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies ,
    Hope it's ok that I join this thread, I live rurally but won't be TTC until May 2012 (waiting until we get married in April 2012). DP and I live in the Mid North of SA, I won't name the town because as others have said with a few details it can be easy to work out who people are. It's more the pressure of people knowing that you're TTC and asking you about it than me caring that people on BH know who I am. Plus it will make asking embarrasing questions easier (don't have any at the moment but I'm sure I will).

Answering the question about what we'd like to have- if I had a choice I think it would be a boy. DP is conviced that we'll have girls because he thinks that electricians have girls more often than boys (something to do with working with electricity he reckons).

I'm on the pill at the moment and won't stop taking it until after the honeymoon as I want to enjoy having a few drinks and eating exotic food while we're away without worrrying that I'm doing anything harmful. Two years ago I had a year off the pill and cycle was regular right away so hoping that will be the case again next year.

Looking forward to getting to know you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha ha- sorry I read the 2nd question wrong. We're TTC number 1

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Nomes! how exciting with you wedding coming up! Yeah definitely enjoy your honeymoon, drink up and eat yummy exotic food, then you can get into the baby making nice and fresh and revitalised! Good chance to start taking you pre conception vitamins too! That is interesting about electricians having more chance of girls, how bizarre.

Thanks Stubborn Ox, I'm doing ok now but was a bit of a mess when I found out. Good thing is my tubes are all good and Hubby's sperm is decent, so at least there are some positives will have to travel 2 hours via plane - to drive to the FS would take 2 days. Next step is for the clinic to evaluate my tracking cycle bloods and then he said I will go on the contraceptive pill (seems so bizarre to have to go back on the frickin pill!) then go from there. I'm not going to think of the IVF just yet, just one step at a time or gets too overwhelming! I'm still hoping that being on clomid will be enough to fall pregnant

Well my fingers are crossed for you Stubborn Ox that this is your month! Go like crazy! How is everyone else going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi nomes83! Love a new member and will add you when I get back from lunch.

Kellbell85 will get back to you as well after lunch. It's Schnitzel day at the pub, this is seriously my favourite day of the week! HaHaHa!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the welcome ladies .
    Kellbell85- I have two girlfriends that had trouble TTC, both were having trouble ovulating and one of them had PCOS too. Both ended up taking clomid and now one of them has a 1year old and the other is 4months pregnant. for you.

Stubborn Ox- When my city mates come to visit they always want to eat at the pub (rather than our "fancy" restaurant") because they love country schnitzels and included vege bar- they think it's a bargin, they can't believe you don't pay extra for it. Hope you enjoyed your lunch.

At the moment I'm busy with wedding things and doing my last assignment for post grad, at least it's distracting me from thinking about TTC- I know May isn't too far away but just want to start trying to have a family

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all, can I join your country thread?
    I live in SA in a country town of a few hundred folks. We have a local doctor here but I never go there as my boss's wife works in the clinic and it's just too much gossip for my liking. So I've been sneaking over to the next town (about 45mins away) to the doc. If we need a FS it'll be 120km without going to the big smoke.
    We married this year and we're in our third month of TTC. Love to chat to other country girls.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Nat256,
    Your post made me giggle because I do the same thing- I work at our local hospital so I go to a GP practice in the next closest town as I feel that it's more private. The practice that I go to I have since found out does not use online pathology reporting (found out when I was searching for a result for one of my clients and rang the practice to find out where it was), so that's another bonus- at least it's not possible for people at work to look up my blood test results (I know it sounds far fetched but that's the reason I was told that the practice in question stopped using online pathology).