+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Stubborn Ox is offline Can't wait to meet our little baby this year!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Rural & Remote TTCers Chat!

Hello all your TTCers that live rurally, I know there are a quite a few of you!

I'd love to start a chat thread to just talk about where were are living and also our TTC stages. The issues we have living rurally or remote.

Thought it would be a cool little thread and hopefully if we get a few of us it could become a sticky! Please MODS?

If you are rural or remote then please say hello and tell me where you're from, I'll start a list and hopefully be able to update it regularly and add everyone.

Maybe also say what baby you're TTC too would be cool!

Look forward to chatting to you soon!

Sending some out there too, not just to country girls either! For all BubHub'ers!

NEW SOUTH WALES

Stubborn Ox
    Coolah
    TTC#1

Farmerwife
    Riverina
    TTC#1

Mitake
    Riverina
    TTC#5

QUEENSLAND

VICTORIA

TASMANIA

NORTHERN TERRITORY

WESTERN AUSTRALIA

KellBell85
    Pilbara
    TTC#1

SOUTH AUSTRALIA

mylittlefamily
    TTC#1

AUSTRALIAN CAPITAL TERRITORY
    Last edited by Stubborn Ox; 22-09-2011 at 14:01. Reason: Added to list

Farmerwife is offline Excited & Nervous about being a mum for the first time in August :-)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Stubborn Ox, great idea :-)

Thought I would put myself down as:
    New South Wales
    Riverina
    TTC #1

my town is far too small if anyone else from my town is on bub hub they will know it is me - or at least go on a mission to find out who it is that is TTC, maybe once I am past twelve weeks pregnant and telling family and friends I will talk more openly about what town I actually live in at the moment I dont really want anyone IRL to know I'm TTC! hehe maybe a good thread would be dealing with small town gossip

Looking forward to meeting and chatting to more rural members.

Anyone elses looking at TTC around farming etc? We waited until August so a baby wouldnt arrive during sowing and are hoping to concieve no later than December so a baby would arrive before next harvest... if we aren't pregnant by December... well cross that bridge when we get to it

Thanks
    Reviews
    HaHa! Farmerwife, country towns and gossip! How many people live in your town?

We were trying to time baby in with a few things but we had a M/C early on so now we're just TTC basically! I do keep thinking of things that will be going on though but not being pregnant yet I guess I don't know!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello again Mitake! Do you want me to add you to the state list?

Was that Henty on? I've never been but it's meant to be awesome isn't it?

I have friends down in the Riverina who I saw were off to that today on Facebook.

Farmerwife is offline Excited & Nervous about being a mum for the first time in August :-)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mitake, well we are probably hundreds of kms apart anyway! Hope you had a great time at Henty. DH is going tomorrow, I am away in Melbourne this week so miss out. We had a little giggle tonight talking about Henty as I said just maybe, if we are lucky, I might be pushing a pram at Henty next year

My town probably isnt that small, 1800 people but it is one of those towns that everyone knows everyone! Sorry to hear of your MC Stubborn Ox Yes I think I will want to just keep trying from now on, wont be so bad to have a bub during sowing but harvest would be a nightmare! Dont think I can wait that long anyway, hopeful we all get BFP's soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh & Mitake I am the eldest of 5 children and I always wanted to have 5 children I love my big family

Thanks
    Reviews
    You are added Mitake!

So now it's just use 3, go NSW country girls and especially Riverina!

On the TTC subject I'm trying to figure out when and if I am ovulating as it's my first AF since the M/C. Plan on using the OPK in 9 days and just seeing where I'm at! We'll "try" but next month is the month we plan to start!

I want at least 3, I'm one of 4 so I'd like to go for 4 but pretty much I JUST WANT ONE HEALTHY BABY!!! Argh!

Question for your ladies, how is your GP situation? Then what is the maternity scene like? Mitake did you have your babies close to home and Farmerwife will you have them at a hospital in Riverina?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Stubborn Ox I know! Its like I had all these ideas of a big family and now I'm like just one please

Oh the GP situation Well I was living in Melbourne for the last three years doing my accounting degree (the travel was a nightmare!) so I have a doctor in Melb that I see as there is a doctor in my town but he is pretty hopeless would only see him for pill script renewal. I still have to travel down to Melb once a week at the moment, (two subjects to go!) so I went to my GP in Melb for my prenatel screen appointment and if I am pregnant before December I can see her for my first appointment but then I will need to find a GP near home. Apparently a doctor in a nearby town, 30 minutes away, is really good, she is an OB but you cant give birth in the hospital in that town anymore so she just practices as a GP. I will have to travel 45 mins for the nearest public hospital and 1 hr 15 mins for the nearest private hospital so not sure what way I will go, would rather be closer to home more than in a private hospital at the moment... not real sure yet though. My SIL lives in melb (she is 23 weeks pregnant) and has these real cool scan pictures and a DVD of the scan which I think is pretty cool and would be nice to show my mum (when I eventually get to have a scan) but I think I will need to travel 1hr 30 min for a scan like this. Anyway I know there are some rural ladies out there that would need to travel so much further than me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to Sydney for my D & C after my miscarriage because like you I had the connection. I went to boarding school in Sydney then uni so I have an awesome female GP and amazing female GYNO who did the D & C. We have an ok GP here in town but it's better to go the 40 minutes to the better GP who I get along with, she's lovely. My Sydney GYNO is in practise with a female OB who I'd love to get into so I think I'll do shared care with the GP 40 minutes away and the Sydney OB then go to Sydney 4 weeks before baby is due and have them there. I'm just not in love with Dubbo Base Hospital or the private. I've got private health insurance so that is my plan so far! A friend of mine has done the same so I'm won on it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey guys Well I'm in the Pilbara in North West Western Australia. Although the town is quite large population wise, it is quite isolated. We do have a gynae in town now at the hospital (yay!). The main issue is having to go to Perth (1500kms away) for any investigations and to see FS. Trying to organize it all around the same time so we only have to fly down once. My main concern is if I do need fertility treatment (hopefully not!)

Appointment booked for October so feeling excited

Oh and we are TTC #1