+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone doing a cycle with Genea/Sivf at the moment ?

Hi ladies, was wondering if any lovely ladies are doing or about to start a cycle with Genea/Sivf?
    We are about to go on our first ever IVF journey with Genea, as soon as AF arrives ( which is hopefully soon .)
    starting to get very nervous about the whole process. We were thinking to go through RPA Fertility, but decided to stick with Genea because of a few protocol issues like 5 day Opu and 5 day ET with RPAH. The price difference is enormous of course , which is why we considered the RPAH. The lab is actually a Genea Lab, so the Science is good. The waitinggame to get appointments, not much fun.
    Would love to hear Peoples experiences !
    (Sorry, English is not my first language)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Me!!

Hi, im doing my first cycle with Genea at the moment. going in for egg collection friday i think at this stage!
    I have found most of the staff there to be very helpful and friendly.
    They all know who you are when you call them and you dont *seem* to be just another crazy woman trying to get pregnant like ive felt at my previous clinic.
    IVF is a hard journey and a really stressful time in your life so to have friendly people helpign you through is really grreat.
    Wish you all the best in your TTC chapter, hope its a quick one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi again, just to let you know I had my egg pick up yesterday with genea. I have to tell you I cannot believe how amazing they were! SO professinal and so comforting. They knew I was concerned about a few things and did their absolute best to make sure that I was relaxed and calm with everything I have never felt so cared for after an egg pick up. I hope you find them the same

Thanks
    Reviews
    ****bump**** I know of others going through the old sydney IVF now known as genea. Hopefully they can answer you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    We're going through genea at the moment and it's our first ivf attempt. I had ET 13 days ago and waiting for my BT in 3 days.

I find all the staff very professional, the nurses are lovely and very attentive. the facilities are top rate, which is really important when you're feeling sedated and sore after the egg retrieval and considering you have to do so many ultrasounds during your cycle. I'm with Dr Mark Bowman and he is very compassionate throughout and guides you through the process really well. Ivf is so nerve-wrecking and I called up the nurses so many times in a panic and they always answer your questions straight away no matter how stupid some of the questions are.

We researched lots of ivf clinics before trying and RPA was one of the ones considered because of their cheaper cost. But I haven't heard any good comments about RPA and in the end I thought going with the best clinic regardless of cost would ensure I felt most at ease during the ivf cycle. The found more issues with me while doing the cycle but because everyone at genea was so knowledgeable and professional I didn't worry as much as I could have. I think if I had gone with another clinic I probably would have panicked during my first cycle with all the issues that arose.

I think you've made the right choice Sticky11 to go with genea because I can guarantee that it really does make you feel less stressed when you know you're going with the most advanced ivf clinic in NSW.
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was at IVFA last year and change to Genea this year. I found Genea to be much more professional, processes more ******line. Dr Bowman is great and you get the feeling he is more determined to get you pregnant which is great, very compassionate he saw how distressed infertility was making me. I am now pregnant with fraternal twins, thanks to Dr Bowman learning from the first cycle and changing the protocol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi! Just to let you know I've been through Genea and RPA.

Genea was definitely a lot more slick and flexible and faster but after 3 cycles we couldn't afford anymore. So we got a referral to RPA. A tip if anyone wants to go to RPA is to make an appointment and then to call back and try and get a cancelled appointment, you can shave months off your waiting time. It is definitely rougher round the edges there but you are saving so much money.

In the end I got up the duff with RPA (so 4 stimulated cycles in total with genea) but that was on the back of all the investigations and results that genea had done as well as their own investigations and recommendations. My doctor at Genea was a doctor at RPA (though I ended up getting a doc working under her). I was happy with both clinics for different reasons. In the end the cost did add to the stress and I realised that its not just about quality of service but also being able to afford to play the numbers game. My costs, out of pocket, were $5000 per cycle at genea and $1500 per cycle at RPA.

ok, good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

i am also on my first cylce with Genea in Sydney this month.
    CD5 stimming today - just starting on the Ogalutron tonight! eek.
    I also went through Genea for a D&C earlier in the year and we found the care we recieved from them to be fantastic. Seemed to be the only place we interacted with aroudn the miscarriage where everyone treated the M/C like it was a sad thing rather than just something which happens everyday.

Well - we must all be sat in that waiting room in the morning together most days! If anyone fancies a warm non caffinated beverage one morning after tests so fancies catching up at all, let me know!

Happy baby dust to all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all I have an appointment with dr lighten who I found through the genea web site so my question is have any of you ladies been to him or heard anything about him???
    Thanks 😀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Myself and hubby are current,y using them and shall be starting IVf soon, very happy with them so far
    Last edited by clucky14; 22-10-2012 at 21:24.