+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I've never heard that before. I had my first baby at 36 and my second at 40. My first was induced at 42+2 (not an experience I would recommend) but my second was all natural, no intervention at all and whadda ya know, DD came out fine . My mother gave birth to me when she was 39 and her mother had her last baby when she was 43.

It is my opinion that many doctors/obs like to do c/sections because they feel they are more in control. What makes me angry is that suggestions such as this can compromise a woman's belief that she can and will birth her baby naturally.

If the baby is all healthy then what do you want? That's what counts.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (29-05-2012),Doritos  (20-09-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    One of my friends had her first baby at 40 and her second at 42...all natural, no intervention needed other than pain relief with the first.

If you want to have a natural VB then so you should - especially since you've got no health issues preventing it plus 38 is certainly not THAT old when it comes to giving birth anyway!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinkzy For This Useful Post:

Doritos  (20-09-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i'm due in 11 days and turn 38 18 days after that. not ONCE has any of my ob's, midwives etc. (seen a few as i am public) have ever mentioned having a c-sect due to age.
    i have actually never heard of age being a reason for a c-sect.

my son was natural and this one will be as well (all going to plan).
    i think at 'our age' (lol) anything that makes it easier for your body is better choice, especially for recovery (i was up and walking 1/2 hr later), breastfeeding, babies' health etc.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to halloweendee For This Useful Post:

Doritos  (20-09-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I am due a few days before my 40th birthday. There is no way I would have cs just because of my age.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Doritos  (20-09-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to everyone for their kind words and advice. It is great to hear what you each had to say and it has made me feel so much better. I was starting to feel bad for considering natural when my ob response to my "csection terrifies me" with "a stressful natural birth would terrify me". I felt like natural at my age would put undue stress on the baby.

Taking everyones advice and will be very clear with my preferences. Thanks everyone.

If anyone else has more advice am happy to hear it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Doritos For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (20-09-2011)

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Can you switch doctors? I know you are so close to being due, but alarm bells started going off in my head when I read your op. I don't think this dr is going to support you through a natural birth and if you do get to the point of being in labor naturally (it is more than likely that if you chose natural he would push for induction), at the first sight of anything he can use to his advantage he will call for a cesarean, even if its not necessary. I would also suggest you get in touch with a doula, I had a doula for my VBAC (I was told I would need a repeat cesearan because of my previous cesar, my weight and the size of my first baby, but against all their odds I birthed my second completely naturally without their intervention). I had a doula and she was absolutely amazing. I am not sure where you are, but if you are in Brissy I can give you her details, she is amazing and would have wonderful advice for you too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 38 and my last birth was all-natural VBAC. Not 1 person ever said anything about my age (apart from all the testing, for which being over 30 is considered a risk factor )

I really think you need a new Dr. Any particular reason you don't like your public hospital? I had an Ob for my first born, and he only popped in once while I laboured. Midwives did the "hard work". All 3 of mine have been public births and never saw the need for an Ob after the 1st.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That sounds completely ridiculous to me... if you want to have a natural birth, then I can't see any reason why you can't try. You fight for it girl !!

(and I'm pro-caesar btw)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 37 when I had my first and he was a natural birth without drugs. It was never suggested that I have an elective CS because of my age.
    I agree with the other girls, go with what you think is best and maybe find another Dr who is more supportive???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ewww! What's that smell? Oh it's a pile of poo! If you are healthy and baby is too then your doctor is full of it! What sort of narcissist doctor goes around scaring new mums? I bet your ob wouldnt be offering a c-section on a Monday or a Friday either- can't disturb his long weekend plans!

Grrr. This annoys me no end!