+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC while also losing weight?

DH and I want to TTC our first bub. We've been doing some reading and know that we want to change our eating habits and lifestyle to be healthier and lose some weight.

I'm wondering if it's okay to be TTC while doing all this? Perhaps we need to see a GP but we don't have one yet so that's another hurdle!

Anyone been through this before? Losing weight to gain a baby?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am by no means an expert and you should go see your GP about it, but I would think if you changed your lifestyle, eating healthy balanced meals and did light exercise, you could probably loose weight during pregnancy. While still gaining "pregnancy weight".

I not talking crazy diets or anything like that. Just adopting a healthy lifestyle.

Good Luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I think a healthy diet and increasing your fitness can really only do your body good.

I would do a crash diet or like a starving diet because they just aren't sustainable.

I lost 20 kgs in 12 months while TTC just small changes and consistent low impact exercise (walking with a pram usually 2-3 klms a day, every day) I was also breast feeding which I do think did help speed up the weight loss.

I don't know what impact it had on TTC - it did take 2 years to conceive my belly baby! (because I was breast feeding) But I wasnt doing anything unhealthy, I ate when I was hungry, but just the obvious things, avoided excessive sugar & fat & too much empty carbs, drank lots of water, avoided eating when bored, didn't flat out deny myself anything (so I still had yummy treats, just not every day) and tried to eat wholesome meals and snack on fruit between meals. Ya know, all the obvious stuff we know we should do but often don't. Lol.

It was really hard at first breaking the habits and the sugar addiction, but it's been about 9 months since I reached my goal weight and I still (mostly) maintain the same habits so i'm nicely set up to be healthy & fit for this pregnancy.

Though if you fall pregnant soon talk to your gp then about the changes to your life style and just confirm that you are being healthy for your pregnancy.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies.

I think we'll see a GP together and do the pre-TTC tests and check up.

I'm def not talking about any crazy crash diets! Just a healthy lifestyle change that is needed with or without TTC.

Off to find a good GP in my area! Wish me luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    All my babies are a result of losing weight. It is a great thing to do. Changing your life sytle is great, remember to eat thing high in iron and folate.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Trying4BabyNo1  (18-09-2011)

Stubborn Ox is offline Can't wait to meet our little baby this year!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    This is my plan too Trying4BabyNo1! I've lost 5kg in the last month.

Sorry not helpful at all...

Thanks
    Reviews
    YES! Me and DF are trying to lose at least 5 kilos just through ditching all the crap food and getting back into old exercise habits. I think it's important to get healthy now for ttc. It might also help with cravings later on I think just try not to overwhelm yourself and just make small daily changes as i've found it's easier to stick to. Like eat some fruit and drink water if you feel like snacking, don't add fries to that meal etc. I was also reading about "trigger" foods like the ones you know you won't stop eating so i've banned ice cream from my house