+ Reply to Thread
    MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Awesome antenatal seminar for dads!

Hello everyone!

I thought I would recommend a antanatal seminar for the ones of you in here who are pregnant and have male partners.

When I was pregnant with my DD, my partner (although excited to become a dad) struggled a little bit to feel connected to our newborn child and get his head around what was to come, and his role during the labour and birth.

I heard about the Beer+Bubs one night seminar for expecting fathers, and got my my DP to go. He was a little bit hesitant, but was convinced to go when I told him that the evening would take place in a pub, and a meal was included. (Men are simple creatures).

He came home ours later with stars in his eyes, and was very excited about his role as a support person and the birth itself. In fact, he thought that the seminar was more educational and inspiring than the seven week antenatal classes we later attended at the hospital. And during our two births he was calm, confident and nothing short of fantastic!

To quote the website " The program helps men gain the practical knowledge they need to be involved in the births of their children in a positive way and to get the fatherhood adventure started with a memorable and empowering experience".

The sessions are held in various pubs around Australia, and a pub meal is included in the $50 fee. Have a look at their webpage for more information about dates, bookings, etc. http://www.beerandbubs.com.au

Best of luck to you all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Such a good idea. Shame the Brisbane one was only up north and nothing for us southies

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by happygirl1982 View Post
    Such a good idea. Shame the Brisbane one was only up north and nothing for us southies
    Oh, that's a shame! These seminars are really in demand though, so hopefully they will expand further soon. When are you due?