+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi KandP

I'm on Brisbane but sorry I don't have a recommended ob I did see a consultant at mater mothers by the name of Joseph Thomas but he was very skeptical of the condition so DO NOT see him! I had to beg for a 28 rescan which just so happens to be today!

Where did you do your 28wk scan?

I'm so glad you have a management plan in place!! Do you have any previous children? Or is this ur first? The 36 wks sounds reasonable if you've had no prem babies prior. Will you be hospitalised at all??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Proud to announce the birth on 28/5 of Isla Estelle. 3.59kg (7lb14) by C section. All went well and we are all doing fine. I hope everyone else is going well xxxxx Attachment 37627

Thanks
    Reviews
    Zabella she is just gorgeous!! Big congrats on the safe delivery of your baby girl.

Afm there has been a development on that my low lying vessels were a result if 2 placentas that were joined by vessels!
    One of the placentas was low lying but has since moved up so now I'm on schedule for a normal birth!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is great news Chances. I had an extra placental lobe as well, with one quite low but it didn't resolve, and due to other medical problems U was also taking injectable blood thinners so we decided on a c section. We did make it to 38 weeks though!! We had to scan weekly near the end though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so happy you were looked after and now have a gorgeous bubs.
    Wow I haven't heard of another with another placenta like me too.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to chances For This Useful Post:

Zabella  (10-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine were really widely seperated, on opposite sides if the uterus, so it was easy to see on the 20 week scan, so we knew about the extra placenta before we knew about the VP. I haven't known of anyone else either, but I was so pleased with our outcome. Even though we had to have a planned cesarian, it was a really great birth. I hope everything goes well with you and bub. Must not be too long now. :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on the birth! I am currently 34 weeks now in hospital. Still have vasa previa but thankfully placenta has moved slightly to the left of cervix. Have a planned c section coming up at the end of the month. All going well for now, just sitting tight in hospital. How is everyone else going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great your getting looked after Kendalldea! Your in the best place are they keeping close eye to see if you may show signs of labour?
    Your about the same as me I'm 34w6d.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, but I'm on a low dose of some drug to stop contractions so that doesn't happen. Having a scan today too to see if the placenta previa has shifted a little more to the left, as it turns out I had both previas. Aren't I lucky! Keep me posted chances on how you are going, I've got a c section booked in 2 weeks time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no that sucks but sounds like your on an awesome management plan!
    I had both previas but mainly because of my two placentas that were connected by vessels!

Yip sure will keep you informed but we are pretty much on track for a normal birth.

Keep in touch too! Wow two weeks is not long exciting