Most members look in New Posts when they login into the forum - but we have lots of traffic on bubhub, and some threads only stay in new posts for about 15 minutes. That means that it's easy to miss out on a new thread that's posted about a meet-up, playgroup or event in your local area.
If you subscribe to your local section, you'll never miss out on a meet up, coffee date or potential playgroup ever again! By subscribing to a forum section, you’ll receive a notification each time a new thread is posted in that section.
Subscribing to a forum section means that you’ll only get a message when a new thread is started and your inbox won’t get clogged up! No technical knowledge or specialist software is required. (If you do want to get every message for a particular discussion, you can always subscribe to that particular thread in the usual way).
1. Navigate to the forum section of interest. Any time you see a little RSS button, you can subscribe to that section.
2. Click on the orange RSS button
3. A screen will open up. Select where you want the feed to go – most people are happy for it to go to the email inbox, usually Microsoft Office Outlook
4. Click on the Subscribe Now button
5. A box will open up in Microsoft Outlook
6. Click Yes (bub hub is a safe and trustable source)
7. A sub-folder will appear in your Outlook inbox called RSS. A Bub Hub folder will appear here automatically and your emails will go into this folder each time a new thread is started in your chosen section.
You can delete a subscription at any time by simply deleting the relevant outlook folder