+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a S&S at 40+5. I didnt find it painful, just uncomfortable. it didnt work though, i was induced the next day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a s&s at 40+4 and no luck- was uncomfortable. Had 2nd s&s 3 days later and it was incredibly painful, which they said was because it was made tender the first time. Didnt work anyway neither did gels, 3x hook/glove attempts at breaking waters... Ended up with drip, yucky!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stretch and sweep at 37+1. Went into labor at 37+4. It did hurt but the moment was brief. The ob said I was 50% effaced and 2cm and that he could've broken my waters there and then.

I had some bleeding and cramping afterwards which is supposed to be normal. Was kinda watery blood..

Thanks
    Reviews
    IMO dont do it, I had a S&S with both my babies, over 41+weeks, it was so horribly painful both times, worse than labour and child birth. Horrible. Yet I was told I would have the baby within the hour........ummmm no dont think so,if anything it really f'n hurt..............it was either that or have a ceaser...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My hospital's policy is offer them from 39 weeks (to public patients) and you may have up to two. I tried to get one done at 39+1 but labour ward was full so they weren't allowed. I came back and had one at 39+4 - yes it hurt! I'm told it should if done right. I wasn't effaced enough (almost), so they couldn't do it properly, so I'll be trying again at 40+2. It was still enough to stir things up and I've cramped and spotted since.

I'm told it will only send you into labour if conditions are just right, which in my case they weren't - surprisingly, after days of constant braxton hicks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I was offered one at 40 weeks, but declined!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had one at 37 weeks cos the OB was about to go on holidays silly reason but I didn't say no.

It HURT, made me feel really, really sick and yuck and I spent the next 2 days convinced I was going into labour, which I didn't until 39 weeks. I've heard they don't work unless you are already ready.