+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey girls,
    Thanks for this thread...I am 14 weeks and had an appointment with my OB yesterday. He said I had high BP but didn't elaborate much on what it was or what it meant. now have to have bloods and urine tests and monitoring in the next couple of weeks. Besides the lack of information (just a brochure on PE ) I'm feeling really anxious about this. I have been so stressed the last few weeks with work, hubby and money worries that I am worried that this is contributing. I don't know how to stop being so stressed. Now with the worry of a high BP I feel like I'm starting to crumble. How concerned should I be and how can I stop the worry? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I wish he told me what my BP was so I could keep track. Does stress play a part in a high BP?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Moosey I don't know an awful lot just what my obgyn tells me.. In pregnancy they like BP to be under 140/80 anything over they watch etc.. My understanding of PE is that you don't get it until after 20weeks except if it's a molar pregnancy but could be wrong..
    I always thought stress played a big part of BP but now that I'm not under any stress the BP hasn't gone down gggrrr.. Some ppl just get high BP in pregnancy if yours stays up they might want to put you on medication to keep it down..
    You can always go to a chemist and have your BP checked,I have to do it 3 times a week and let my OB know..
    Hope I helped in some way..

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also make sure you get some time to rest not only can that help with stress and give u a break but rest can lower BP..
    Take care

Ky is offline <--- Ruby, the most precious little red gem ever!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CanJme View Post
    Wow 3 weeks ahead, do u usually have big bubs?? I'm the opposite bubs is measuring behind and my OB is worried about size as I have small babies..

Yeah, so far my children that made it past the second trimester were 8lb 7oz at 37 weeks, 13lb 2oz at 36 weeks and 9lb 8oz at 39 weeks. I just grow them massive - lol.

I am incredibly grateful for caesarean sections .... as you might imagine!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ky View Post
    Yeah, so far my children that made it past the second trimester were 8lb 7oz at 37 weeks, 13lb 2oz at 36 weeks and 9lb 8oz at 39 weeks. I just grow them massive - lol.

I am incredibly grateful for caesarean sections .... as you might imagine!
    My gosh that is amazing the differences in the weight of your bubs.. Did you have GD with your biggest?? BP definitely doesn't play a roll with you!!!

Haha love the caesarean call

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CanJme View Post
    Hi Moosey I don't know an awful lot just what my obgyn tells me.. In pregnancy they like BP to be under 140/80 anything over they watch etc.. My understanding of PE is that you don't get it until after 20weeks except if it's a molar pregnancy but could be wrong..
    I always thought stress played a big part of BP but now that I'm not under any stress the BP hasn't gone down gggrrr.. Some ppl just get high BP in pregnancy if yours stays up they might want to put you on medication to keep it down..
    You can always go to a chemist and have your BP checked,I have to do it 3 times a week and let my OB know..
    Hope I helped in some way..

Thanks so much for your response. I took your advice and went to the chemist. They said my BP was 135/91 apparently still high but I'm still unclear how bad this is. I guess I'll find out when I have my bloods and urine taken in a few weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    135/91 is getting pretty high - it's the second number that is of first concern, the first one can creep a little higher and not get them too worried.

CanJme ... I have had GD in all of my pregnancies apart from the last two in which I am actually now a "late onset type 1 diabetic". My body developed an autoimmune disorder triggered by grief when Ruby passed away and it attacked my pancreas.

But, if you look at my baby's sizes, they are really varied even though they were all carried under the same circumstances - I think I would probably bake them big anyway as my sister didn't have GD and her two were large ...

DH and I were both little tiddlers at birth, surprisingly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Moosey I agree with Ky that bottom number is the most important one that they watch.. Perhaps ring your doctors to inform them and keep testing your BP??? My OB makes me ringing in if 3 readings are over 140 or 80..

Ky- I'm so sorry to hear of Ruby seems you have overcome an awful lot.. Heres to
    A smooth sailing pregnancy for you!!! May I ask how you handle being a Type 1 as an adult?? Is it just second nature now?? My eldest daughter who will be 5 in feb is a type 1 diabetic, diagnosed a year and a half ago..

It definitely seems that you were just meant to have bigger strong babies

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is just second nature now ... I have been type 1 for almost 4 years and have found that I am able to keep good control through insulin levels, exercise and a good, healthy diet. I can almost instinctively know what will be of good or bad effect on my sugars and am incredibly aware of how my body is coping. Strangely enough, I get symptoms of a high when I only just get over 8.5mmol! I feel like my sinuses are heavy and I start feeling sluggish. Similarly, I know when I am dipping too low - no real symptoms until I get to 2.5mmol-ish but I usually catch it around 3.7mmol and correct it quickly. My last 3 years of hba1c results have been steady between 5.2 and 5.6.

I was lucky enough when pregnant with Ruby and having GD to have an endo who was willing to teach me how to gain good control. Probably the best thing he did for me was tell me that he trusted me to know my own body and encourage me when I had appointments. I gained confidence quickly and became very comfortable in this "new skin" I had been given.

I hope that your DD is able to settle into a comfort and knowing of her own body ... I know that being type 1 doesn't effect my life now quite as much as it used to and I really pray that this is the case for your DD.

Being a parent of a young diabetic must be a very hard, tiring, frustrating and frightening task - I wish you all health, sleep, no complications and a relatively carefree life! I admire parents of young diabetics as you just keep plugging away even though you know that this is a condition that is life threatening on a dialy basis ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well after i got over yesterdays adventures having a higher than i should fundal height i had to go back to see midwifes to re check my blood pressure was high yesterday but they thought as to what was going on it was to be expected it was 145/85 but today it was 150/90 so they have put me on aldomet 3 times a day until friday then i go back to be reviewed and a scan to check baby not impressed i dont like the idea of being on any meds while pregnant but seen as i had high blood pressure in the begining of this pregnancy and the end of the last pregnancy the doctor said i have no choice. Anyone been on these tabs, any precautions other than what the dr has told me that i may get ect?