+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy Too early for high B/P

Hi everyone,
    Im 28 years old and am 7 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child. At i had a doctors appointment last week to get my bloods done, routinely had my bp done and it was 145/93.

Ive never had a problem with high blood pressure, but did start to get pre eclampsia with my last child after 40 weeks.

Ive been early sent to the hospital and going through maternity ward early until it can be kept under control. I have had it checked most days since then and its sat 135/91 at its lowest.

Has anyone else had this problem so early? if so what did they do ect?

Ky is offline <--- Ruby, the most precious little red gem ever!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    With two of my 6 pregnancies I have had high blood pressure and straight onto medication from the appointment at the doctor confirming my pregnancy. The other 4 pregnancies have been with normal to low blood pressure. Ironcially, it wasmy first and now this one, my last that have had the BP problems.

I'm currently 19 ½ weeks and on 3 x 3times daily aldomet/methyldopa to keep it under control. I had it checked at clinic on wednesday and it's sitting at 110/60 at the moment so they are well and truly doing their job.

I know it's scary to find something like this out at the very beginning of your pregnancy as it seems like a "prediction of gloom" for later on. On the contranry ... I know that in my first, I ended up coming off the bp tablets around week 26 as I no longer needed them and it is anticipated that I will be down to 1 x 3 times daily by the time I get to the end of this pregnancy.

Pregnancy does some pretty odd things to our bodies and they have to cope with many wierd changes. It's a good thing that your BP has been noticed as raised now, as it you will be monitored closely and probably end up with a healthier pregnancy than someone without the extra attention.

Congratulations on your third child on the way - I hope you have an enjoyable pregnancy and easy birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Ky,
    I feel fine though, i have been feel flat and off but no more than my other pregnancies at the same stage.

They have only told me to rest at this stage and they will monitor it. I have mixed feelings though because my gp was highly concerned and made it out to be bigger than the impression ive had so far off the maternity ward. The obgyn said he will not medicate me for a few more weeks with it at what it is but if it goes up progressively then i will be put on meds. I think because i havent had scans or bloods ect i was just like whoa!
    Last edited by MummaWhite; 09-09-2011 at 16:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MummaWhite was looking for BP posts and found this one.. How is your BP going?? Has it stabilised or have u started meds??
    I had low BP with DD1&2 then with DD3 got high BP at 34weeks and put on meds which ended in a section at 38weeks.. I'm now 25weeks with DD4 and BP has been up and down since 12weeks but today I was put on meds early 143/93.. My ob is a lil concerned as high BP can cause low birth rate and all my girls have been small..
    Hope all is well with your pregnancy 

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, I'm great thanks

My bp went down by itself from around 9 weeks and has been on track ever since for appointments but from time to time I feel it go through the roof but soon calms down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also my obgyn and midwife at the time wherent really concerned about medications until after 20 weeks by memory and though it was discussed about it may causing a low birth weight baby it was kind of just a flying comment if that makes sense, I was so confused whether to be concerned about it being high because it felt like obgyn was rather ok with it and the midwife was too but my gp wasn't and neither was friends ect they where stressing how dangerous it was, I hope yours sorts out soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great that your BP has gone back down, hopefully it stays down and no PE this time.. You're lucky it only hit at 40weeks last time..
    My ob wanted me to get to 28weeks b4 meds but I couldn't hold out this time(25).. Not sure wats worse the feeling of high BP or the metallic taste from the meds..
    All the best with the rest of your pregnancy

Ky is offline <--- Ruby, the most precious little red gem ever!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't think the low birthweight thing is an issue for me ... this baby is measuring 3 weeks ahead and mine have all been large!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow 3 weeks ahead, do u usually have big bubs?? I'm the opposite bubs is measuring behind and my OB is worried about size as I have small babies..