+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

I have applied to study BMid at Griffith Univeristy in QLD for 2012 but don't have high hopes of getting in as I don't have a previous degree. I am booked in to take the STAT in the first week of December and also am in the process of writing my PCA. Has anyone already done this? I'm feeling very lost as where to start but have my outline written. Just can't seem to put it together. Anyone able to help out or have any examples of PCA's I could look at?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there thepees.
    I did my stat and a pi which i think is like a pca. Personal information statement.
    I asked a friend who got in this year to look at mine as I was unsure.
    Maybe if you direct this to the Midwifery sticky page someone on there might be able to help.
    I just put why I wanted to do Mid and why I was choosing the uni I am trying for.
    Also, I explained a bit about what midwifery is to me. I think they need to know that people applying know it is not just about babies. That it is more about woman and their families, and pre and post care. Which most people who apply really do know, but it helps to show the uni that.
    Erm....what else. I have no degree. No recent study. Hoping that i did really well on the stat. Not too sure. I felt i did but time will tell.
    Do go and ask at the uni if there is someone who can advise you what they are looking for. I wish you well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks tired*mummy and kewok for your feedback. Hearing your stories, makes me believe more and more that this can be done (even with little ones!).

Kewok - how did you find the STAT? I've had a peruse through the example.... and it confirmed that I am shocking at maths!

Hi thepees
    I'm trudging through my PCA at the mo, and also looking at sitting the STAT at the end of November. I know there are programes available to help you with PCA and STAT prep, (although I won't be attending any of them). I also realise that it'll be difficult for you to attend, with 3 little ones, and the travel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Danann11
    The stat test is supposed to be hard, as it is measuring all range of abilities. So i was told anyway. Did that make me feel better? Nope!

I had a friend who is good at maths go over the practice maths ones as I did struggle a bit with them. I found that in the test, that had helped a great deal. Though I did come across a couple of bizarre diagrams that I found hard to interpret. So who knows if I got those right. All up I guessed about 11 out of 70. 3 of those were informed guesses the others random. I felt confident with my other answers.
    English though is about interpretation, and it is easy to get those wrong simply because you read the material in a different context (especially the poem) than it is meant. So fingers crossed I did well enough. I did no course just the practice test. Good luck with yours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, Goodluck to anybody applying to study in 2012. I've just applied to QTAC for University of the Sunshine Coast Bachelor of Nursing Science/Bachelor of Midwifery degree. Is anybody else applying for there?

I've actually just completed my 2nd year Bachelor of Midwifery at ACU Brisbane - and technically only have one year to go. Crazy hey to be beginning a fresh degree.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi studentmidwife01

I am in Victoria. But it sounds like there is a story there. Did you move? No offer of the one your doing? Can you transfer any credits? I am dying to know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    I am from Mildura, VIC have 3 kids under 4 years of age and have been accepted int CDU external bachelor of Nursing for 2012, and am also being considered for their external bachelor of Midwifery course.
    Anyone else doing this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmedic85 View Post
    Hi all,
    I am from Mildura, VIC have 3 kids under 4 years of age and have been accepted int CDU external bachelor of Nursing for 2012, and am also being considered for their external bachelor of Midwifery course.
    Anyone else doing this?
    Not me I am afraid. If no one in here does, then If you post this in the main sticky thread, someone there might.

Okay. I GOT MY STAT RESULTS. I would have liked better of course. But i will settle happily for what i got. Overall percentile of 80.6. So there you go. Now to wait and see if it is good enough to get in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kewok,

Few reasons, I live on sunny coast, commute to brisbane for Uni. I'm on my own with 4 kids as of this year so the commute and being a parent and having to work has made uni very challenging. So USC is about a 15 minute drive for me and I get two qualifications out of it. I'm also concerned im not getting enough clinical skills at the Uni I am at so Nursing will be great for that. I wont get into issues at Uni, dont want to put a dampener on people wanting to start there next year lol. I've just found out my ranking is 97 (out of a possible 99) so I should hopefully get offered a spot (I hope). Yes I will get a fair bit of credit Well done on your STAT results - they are awesome!!! Goodluck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by studentmidwife01 View Post
    Kewok,

Few reasons, I live on sunny coast, commute to brisbane for Uni. I'm on my own with 4 kids as of this year so the commute and being a parent and having to work has made uni very challenging. So USC is about a 15 minute drive for me and I get two qualifications out of it. I'm also concerned im not getting enough clinical skills at the Uni I am at so Nursing will be great for that. I wont get into issues at Uni, dont want to put a dampener on people wanting to start there next year lol. I've just found out my ranking is 97 (out of a possible 99) so I should hopefully get offered a spot (I hope). Yes I will get a fair bit of credit Well done on your STAT results - they are awesome!!! Goodluck
    Wow. Life likes to throw curve balls at people. It sounds like you will get in with no trouble at all. Credits will make life a bit easier too. (So it should as well)
    You sound like a strong motivated person. I hope it goes well for you.

Thanks for the 'well done' too. I am pleased with myself. (Though of course wished I had higher) Not sure if it is good enough for my first choice but i am thinking I have a pretty good chance getting my second.

Time will tell.