+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by summerly View Post
    I got an early offer. I got in to CDU nursing external for next year. Freaking out a little.

Well done. Fantastic stuff. You will be fine.

You just need to focus on the positives. The rest will fall in to place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kewok,

Hopefully you pass your stat with flying colours!! I know with all exams I have sat, my nerves kick into overdrive during the last 1/2 hr.

I have to agree - 4 kids is hard enough work, let alone a job ontop, as well as study.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kewok View Post
    Well done. Fantastic stuff. You will be fine.

You just need to focus on the positives. The rest will fall in to place.

Thanks, I just wish I knew more people who are now or have studied through CDU so I can find out what to expect of the course. I like to have contingency plans for my contingency plans if you know what I mean.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by summerly View Post
    I got an early offer. I got in to CDU nursing external for next year. Freaking out a little.
    Way to go!! Congrats!! The wait is over for you- I'm slightly jealous

Kayte is offline Real Eyes.Realise.Real Lies
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls
    I've applied to study a double degree next year : bachelor of science (nursing) and bachelor of science (midwifery) through Edith Cowan Uni (wa) and bachelor of science (nursing) as second preference !
    Hope to hear back nov/dec !
    Wishing you all the best xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there Kayte.

Good luck in finding out. Let us know how you get on.

I wont hear if I get in until January. It will be a mad rush then, if I do.

I am just enjoying my last weeks (Hopefully) of no commitments. Well apart from school drop and pick up.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default About to apply for Midwifery 2012

Hi
    I've just registered, as I was interested to see how many mum's were out there studying. I'm about to apply for Midwifery at ACU Brisbane. My babies are 14 mths and 2 1/2yrs. I realise I will only be able to attend part time as my girls have just started family daycare 2 days week. It's been 20yrs since I've done any study also. I'm only hoping that if I do get accepted, that the 2 days (excl wkds) will be enough to get through the lectures and workload. I'm also looking into doing a remedial massage course via correspondence, if I don't get in for next year. Is there anyone out there that has studied, or about to, with young ones?
    Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OMG I just got an offer too!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Now if I could just open the attachment that has the offer letter, I'll be set. Grrr to QTAC being closed now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Danann11, I have a friend studying with 4 kids under 6. Full time, doing a double degree. Her older two are in school but the youngest two are in daycare. I think her thoughts are you can do anything if you are organised and if you really want it.

Personally, I have 4 kids between 6 and 15 and I am only just ready to have a go at studying. I think it depends on individual people. It can be done and if you post this question on
    2011 Nursing and Midwifery chats

Hoping that link works. There will be a few more people who are in a position to give a good answer.

Bazzaz Mum. That is fantastic news you lucky thing. Well done to you. At least you can start getting organised early too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Danann11 - I am studying nursing part time and i have 2 at school, 1 at kinder 2 days a week and my DS who is at home with me all the time. It is hard, i have my days where i need to get stuff done but just can't because of the kids, but i have found different times to do it and i have always made sure that i am organised. Organised with ALL the housework, kids schedules, DH's work schedule, then i can easily find the time to fit things in. I try to be as organised with study as possible... meaning i start all my assessments early so i have plenty of time to do them and i try to get ahead where ever i can.
    In the beginning though it feels like you have done the wrong thing and is SO overwhelming but once you get into it and figure out what works best for you then you will be fine.

I think you will surprise yourself