+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey!! I've applied for Nursing and Midwifery as well! I am desperate to get in so have put 11 choices on my application. First choice being Deakin Geelong Nursing/Midwifery, and then Deakin Geelong Nursing. I've then applied to VU, ACU, Ballarat, Deakin Burwood, RMIT, and Latrobe Hopefully we both get into Deakin together Kewok! When do you sit your stat test? I am on 22/10 at 9am

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just put my application in through UAC a few days ago!! My first preference is Bachelor of Midwifery at UTS, second is Bachelor of Nursing at UWS, and third is Bachelor of Health Science (health promotion), also at UWS. I have one son, who will be starting primary school next year, and I am a single mum. It's a really big step for me, I am terrified!! I am thinking that I may defer for a year, and study audiometry next year via OTEN, as that means I will be around more to help my son adjust into school. At least then I will also have a career to "fall back" on if need be.

Does anyone know when they start first round of offers?

Thanks
    Reviews
    sorry to barge in on this thread - i started a health and anatomy course through OTEN and found it really hard to concentrate and have stopped for now and am wondering if i should do a nursing degree online first. And to be honest i doubt myself so much i amso scared i will stuff up and give someone the wrong baby or something. its been over 20yrs since i studied and my hat really goes off to anyone that can do any kind of study.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Pisces. Studying is really hard and anatomy in my opinion is extremely hard to get your head around. I have just done my anatomy and physiology exam for my nursing course and it was extremely stressful a few days before and the days leading upto results. I passed quite easily even though i really doubted myself. I doubted myself at the start of the course because i was so scared of failing but i have surprised myself. I reckon you should give it ago as its not as scary as it first seems. But yes... online studying especially anatomy is very hard.
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I've applied for a B. of nursing to start in 2012 I'm very excited about it.

At the moment my preferences are:
    UQ- B. of nursing
    QUT- B. of nursing/B. of paramedic science
    QUT- B. of nursing
    GU- B. of nursing
    CQU- B. of nursing (my last preference, as I hear that for distance, almost anyone can get in, so it's my 'safety net)

After december rounds, I will be changing my preferences so Griffith will be my first.

I've spent the last year preparing for entry. I did a partial degree in finance a few years ago, but decided that I wanted to show I really want to get into nursing, so I have done 6 months at USQ in a preparation program, senior first aid and CPR and Basic life support certs, and have done a 12 month bio course in the last 5 weeks. I've also just started a job in palliative care as a support worker.

I have only 1 more Hep B immunisation to go, have all paperwork to show I had my boosters for other required vaccinations, have my mantoux test next week and the paperwork showing I am neg for all diseases. Can you tell I am eager? lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monkey face View Post
    Hi, I've applied for a B. of nursing to start in 2012 I'm very excited about it.

At the moment my preferences are:
    UQ- B. of nursing
    QUT- B. of nursing/B. of paramedic science
    QUT- B. of nursing
    GU- B. of nursing
    CQU- B. of nursing (my last preference, as I hear that for distance, almost anyone can get in, so it's my 'safety net)

After december rounds, I will be changing my preferences so Griffith will be my first.

I've spent the last year preparing for entry. I did a partial degree in finance a few years ago, but decided that I wanted to show I really want to get into nursing, so I have done 6 months at USQ in a preparation program, senior first aid and CPR and Basic life support certs, and have done a 12 month bio course in the last 5 weeks. I've also just started a job in palliative care as a support worker.

I have only 1 more Hep B immunisation to go, have all paperwork to show I had my boosters for other required vaccinations, have my mantoux test next week and the paperwork showing I am neg for all diseases. Can you tell I am eager? lol
    Wow, you are good! So dedicated already. I've had some of my immunisations but the hep b ones haven't taken. I've had about 6 shots already. Waiting to see if the last one has given some immunity. Fingers crossed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrskb View Post
    Hey!! I've applied for Nursing and Midwifery as well! I am desperate to get in so have put 11 choices on my application. First choice being Deakin Geelong Nursing/Midwifery, and then Deakin Geelong Nursing. I've then applied to VU, ACU, Ballarat, Deakin Burwood, RMIT, and Latrobe Hopefully we both get into Deakin together Kewok! When do you sit your stat test? I am on 22/10 at 9am
    Hi there mrskb. i have been in Britain visiting family for the last month so have come back to this site only today and seen how many replies it has. Lol.

I will see you on Saturday, because i am sitting my stat at 9am too. Mmmmmm. It will be interesting to see who you are.

I have put my first two choices the same as yours. However i left it at that. I decided before i applied that if i dont get in this year i will apply for other unis next time but i really want to be based in Geelong for the kids. Good luck on Sat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I have applied via QTAC to study a B Mid at Griffith Uni (Logan Campus). I am super excited about the prospects of studing in 2012.

I am worried that I won't be able to understand the concepts covered in the Physiology and Anatomy subject. I am also worried about balancing 2 young kids and a study load. I will also have to do some supply teaching to keep money coming in as well.

Looking forward to hearing from you and getting to know you all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Purple Monkey.
    I am apprehensive about studying full stop. Lol.

I have spoken to a few people who are already doing/completed their degree and they reckon the first 2 months is hard until you settle into a way of learning that suits you. Also a routine with the kids and cooking etc.

I have been told by a close friend studying the double degree Mid/Nursing (1st yr) that the uni want you to pass and do encourage and help you.

Although she found A and P hard, she stressed that the amount of information you end up absorbing is more than enough to pass the subject. Fingers crossed she is right and not just a super smart cookie.

Working to would be hard and I am lucky I should manage not to. Mind you 4 kids and Hubby is enough work on top of Uni.

Good luck with your application.

I sat my stat today. I think I did alright. I was nervous when everyone started leaving and i still had 10 questions left.
    So I panicked a bit toward the end. Hopefully the answers were still right. There were at least 4 that were total guesses. A few also that I was not 100% sure of. Will find out how I did in 3 weeks.

Had no idea who you were MRSKB. Hope you went well. I would be interested to know how you found it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got an early offer. I got in to CDU nursing external for next year. Freaking out a little.