+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Don't have any of those that i am willing to sell yet. Interesting the different books used there than to our uni. We have used a few of them some are better than others.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also check out www.booko.com

This website tells you where you can get your book the cheapest from around the world. There is a book on my booklist for $148 at the campus bookstore, and I found it for $60 inc shipping!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default textbooks

Thanks for the heads up on the bookdepository.com - they are heaps cheaper there than the Co-op bookshop located on the GU Logan campus.

Hope everyone is keeping ontop of their Xmas shopping - I certainly am NOT!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone who got in, had trouble enrolling. I went along to the session and they looked at my enrolment and said I was done.
    I never got a receipt number though and it clearly says. No receipt number - No enrolment.

I am stressing now. Sigh. I will have to phone. My details are there and it says I am inactive, which is right. It says I do not have a receipt number, which is wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't have any trouble enrolling, but every uni is different! Prob best to give them a call. How was the enrollment day otherwise? Many others there? Did you happen to get a book list? I want to see if there are any books that both ACU and Deakin both use so I can start buying some.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrskb View Post
    I didn't have any trouble enrolling, but every uni is different! Prob best to give them a call. How was the enrollment day otherwise? Many others there? Did you happen to get a book list? I want to see if there are any books that both ACU and Deakin both use so I can start buying some.
    Yes I think I will have to call them. I left it today to see if perhaps it took 24 hours to go through.
    No book list either. Our enrolment officer did say to wait as people tend to order too many books, (instead of one or the other they get both that are listed) Of course the list does not tell you that there are two choices.

My friend, who just completed first year said the Mosbys is essential and the pack of three Principles of care Nursing books too. They are one you need to hand. She also recommended not buying any others unless you come to a point where you want to. The library has all the books (and can order from other campus's) you need.

Just remembered, 'Understanding health' is another one you need.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate phones, so I decided to go in to the uni and ask for help. I AM officially enrolled. I just hit submit without taking note of my receipt number. It disappears then and you cannot get it back. All good though. The admin lady e-mailed a screen shot of my enroment page as back up proof. Which Is highly unlikey I would need. So big sigh of relief.

I have a link to the book list. You need to be a student to get in but I can try to copy and paste the info for you and then private message it.

Only I am not sure how to private message. Embarrassed Much!
    Last edited by kewok; 09-12-2011 at 11:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Where have you applied Mango?? Best of Luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mango monkey View Post
    ACU, a couple of Tafes, and Griffith, although apparently I've not met the requirements for Griffith - I did pretty badly last time I was at uni and it seems it's still following me around! Oh well - ACU don't seem to mind
    Oh, and thankyou!!
    Hope to see you next year at GU! Perhaps they just haven't assessed all your qualifications yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mango monkey View Post
    Anyone know if there are many offers on Dec 15, or is it likely most of us will be waiting till January?
    It really depends on the uni as to how many offers they make. Some do hardly any, and others seem to give away most of their spots in the early offer rounds (those uni's are the ones with several early offer rounds, such as CQU). Which is good for mature age because year 12's OP results aren't out yet, so they aren't included.

I was told from a CQU head of department that the government have abolished quotas as of 2012, meaning they can take as many students as they want instead of sticking to a funded amount (I still have to look into if this is true myself). This could be very good news too! No longer will the board know they have only, say, 200 spots so will look for the top 200 applications. Instead they can pick a rank/OP and accept everyone over that. Ofcourse, then there may be problems with parking and missing out on enrolling for certain subjects, as there are so many students fighting for the same spot in a class.