+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dr Sam Soo at Freemasons

Hi,

I am 6 weeks pregnant and I would like to book Dr Sam Soo at Freemasons.

I'd love to have some personal experience regarding Dr Soo.

He is also a IVF FS but I am more interested by his experience of obs and delivery.

If anyone know him and/or the staff/midwife who work with him I would really appreciate if you could provide some feedback.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I too are 6 weeks and have just booked an appt to see him for a delivery at Freemasons.

My GP had raving reviews and it seems the more people i ask the better the reviews get.

He is known for being comforting, supportive and his follow up care is apparently fabulous.

I say give him a go. His staff were really nice when i rang to ask a couple of questions, and his fees are reasonable as well.

Goodluck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

Thanks for your response. Nice to know there is another person in the same situation.

I have just booked an first appointment with Dr Soo.

Good Luck for your pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

I've just had my first appointment with Dr Soo and it wasn't at all like I expected. He certainly knows his stuff and I sensed he would be great for bubs, but I just wondered if I misread his manner (I don't want to write anything negative, because he wasn't 'bad' or gruff, just different to what I expected). Happy to PM further details...

If others have had posiive experiences I would love to hear from you!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dr Sam soo is an amazing Dr who delivered my son via cesarean

Quote Originally Posted by tadpole14 View Post
    Hi girls,

I've just had my first appointment with Dr Soo and it wasn't at all like I expected. He certainly knows his stuff and I sensed he would be great for bubs, but I just wondered if I misread his manner (I don't want to write anything negative, because he wasn't 'bad' or gruff, just different to what I expected). Happy to PM further details...

If others have had posiive experiences I would love to hear from you!!!

i found Dr Soo to be amazing very caring and kind never to busy to return an email answer a question or just make himself available. I don't no what you are talking about because everyone i no who has seen him thinks his amazing also!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mauritius, trying to work out how to PM you so I don't get my head bitten off by people who are offended by my reply. Hope you have found someone else. Different obs are better suited to different patients. Just because one person thinks they're amazing doesn't mean that their bedside manner will work for another. "at times he was even making fun of me" was exactly my experience. That's not slanderous, or offensive, just what it is. That may work for some people, but not for me.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dr Sam Soo - I would definately recommend

My first meeting with Dr Sam Soo was efficient. I left the first consult unsure if he was the right surgeon for me as he came across a bit arrogant.
    But I soon realised, after my surgery, that he is a brilliant and competent surgeon and I agree with the other threads that he has a great bedside manner and I was filled with confidence.
    I had a laparoscopic myomectomy (to remove fibroids) a few weeks ago and am healing well.
    I plan on going back to him should we fall pregnant.
    Always ask to speak with Michelle, the practice manager, as she is fantastic.
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews

Default which op did you have

Hi mauritius,
    Not sure how to PM but wondering what Op you had and if what sort of recovery you had afterwards. you mentioned you still have pain 5 months after surgery, how are you now?
    It's been 4 months since my surgery and I am also still in discomfort, however i did push myself too quickly and lifted heavy things I shouldn't have.
    Very keen to hear your thoughts ... thanks SkiMe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I almost went to him for IVF...he sounds nice at the appt spent a lot of time with us but thereafter didn't reply my email. He also didnt exactly know his stuff..i think i know more than him! DH didn't really like him. Then we went back to the other facility for IVF and got pregnant, so not really sure how it is to be with him. I guess if you really went with him he should be ok. Not much help am I?

I think there's something about his mannerism that puts pp off...that's why DH didn't like him I think...a bit lofty and arrogant like other pp said?
    Last edited by Mom2TwoDSs; 24-12-2012 at 09:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    of course slanderous behaviour is not acceptable in any case. and of course i changed gynae (needles to discuss that ) ..however, it's not question of what is working or not working -for me at least...objectivelly, doctor should be professional, on time, not performing surgery on wrong body part, not to prolong surgery needlesslly and not to suggest Synovial as medication (which is a joint fluid) and certainly we shouldn't be succumbed to his chauvinistic behaviours..all these above apply to dr Soo and certainly i am not happy about it, as it did happen not on one, but on more occassions...why would I or anyone else should be offended in this way by person "so called doctor" who has none of the values of real doctor or even normal decent human being for that matter...why should we suffer these kinds of behaviours that we didn't cause in any way...
    Last edited by mauritius; 15-04-2013 at 10:55.