+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default found some help with makin' my babe

Hi there, here's my official ad and I'll post some more about myself later:

I’m a single, forties Melbournite seeking a generous woman to help me achieve my dream of being a mum. I am surrounded by loving friends and family who are very excited about the prospect of me bringing a little one into our lives. Many friends have small children so there will be plenty of social and shared care opportunities. I have a secure job, am very healthy and keep fit through regular exercise. Amongst other things I love the outdoors and hope to instill this in my child when they’re older.
    I am looking for an egg donor who is willing to keep in contact and meet the child at some stage. If you are from outside Victoria, all your travel and medical expenses will be reimbursed. If you would like to find out more please email intendedmum@hotmail.com.
    This advertisement has been approved by the Victorian Minister for Health as required by s.40 of the Human Tissue Act 1982 (Vic) September 2011.
    Last edited by melbmorgan; 20-10-2011 at 18:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello reader,

I've thought long and hard about becoming a single mum at my age, probably to the point of overthinking (one of my foibles according to friends), before I decided to go ahead with this. Obviously there are a bunch of reasons it would have been better to do it earlier – for nothing else I could have used my own eggs and done it the old fashioned way. But, the benefits of doing it later are significant. I’m so much smarter and happier now than I ever was and this will go a long way to making me a really good mum. I well aware it’s a tiring job but I’m up for it. I also have a lot of support – a couple of girlfriends are already planning how we can stagger our work schedules to do shared care for each other once I’m back at work. My family is in Melbourne so that really helps too.

A few practical things to elaborate on my ad...

I would have liked to be able to travel to my donor if she doesn’t live in Victoria but because I’m using donor sperm this is problematic to impossible. I can tell you more about that if you’re interested. If you are from interstate it would be important we meet in person before we decide to go ahead and it’ll probably be easiest for me to come to you. I need to have that face to face communication to really connect.

Also after reading one of the threads here about donor expenses, I would edit my ad a little to make it clear that I would cover other expenses related to donation (beyond travel & medical).

I’ve said in the ad that I’d like a donor who is willing to keep in contact and meet the child at some stage. I’m sure everyone is different in what works for them and that it may change over time. But because the research says most donor conceived children want the option of meeting their donor, it’s important to me that you are open to this.

Thanks for your interest.

m
    x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Morgan. I wish you every but of success with your journey. I am also in my forties searching. There are always circumstances of why we do things when we do. The main thing is the time is right for you and you are dedicated to making it happen. We now wait in hope of our "special ladies" turning up. Xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainbowdream For This Useful Post:

melbmorgan  (10-09-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Rainbow, it's always lovely to have people who understand to keep you company on the quest. May your compatible donor find you soon.

m
    x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hear from donors that they like to be able to get to know potential recips by reading about them (rather than having to email and asking "so tell me more about you?") so I thought I’d post some little essays about myself in the places I'm advertising. Here's my first one...

I live in the inner suburbs of Melbourne and cycle to work in the CBD most days (it’s only 7kms). I started riding last year, partly as a substitute for jogging as I’d had to stop. A friend started me jogging in my early twenties. Initially this involved dragging me around Centennial Park in Sydney with me complaining and wanting to stop all the time. I hadn’t been at all athletic in school. After a while I got to like it and within a year we ran a half-marathon (21kms). Four years ago I ran my first (and only so far) marathon here in Melbourne. That year, 2007, was a big one for me. I submitted my PhD in June and did the marathon in October. The PhD was the final step in an amazing journey of education. I didn’t finish school. For the last couple of years I wasn’t interested and didn’t try. After leaving my private girl’s school at end of year 10 and doing a year at a TAFE college I finally convinced my parents to let me leave. I found a dream job soon after but wasn’t mature enough to make the most of it. At 18 I moved to Sydney where I spent 13 years (it’s my second home). After various jobs and a lot of partying, circumstances led me to want to study psychology. I did an adult matriculation at night, worked really hard, got some tutoring and ended up with a uni entrance mark in the high 90s. I’d already chosen my preferred uni – one that catered for mature age students – and started my BA majoring in psychology. Fast forward about 12 years of doing undergrad part-time, switching unis when I moved back to Melbourne, supporting myself, getting into the honours year then finally into the PhD. It was a long, long journey and I knew it would be a bit disorienting finally ending it so… I came up with the marathon plan. It was the perfect way to ease myself out of one quest into something new, and finite. It worked. The training uncovered one of my body’s design faults which made it not so great for lots of running. Treatment got me through but it left me with a niggling soreness. A couple of years later I decided to do a half-marathon and started increasing my kilometres – bang, an injury that wouldn’t go away. After a year of so of not running and some pilates training I started again recently. Just little 4-5km spins around my favourite tracks (Botanical Gardens, Albert Park, Princes Park), no more than once a week. So far so good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy to say I've been found by a gorgeous donor and we're busy with our preparations for baby-making.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations !! I hope you are well on the way to making your precious bub ..