+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    2 years ago i went hard on optislim/optifast and lost nearly 50 kilos in just under a year and have kept the weight off. I am a big fan of liquid VLCD (very low calorie diets) as it worked for me brilliantly. Shakes (always chocolate) for brekky (mixed with 2 shots of freshly brewed espresso) and lunch religiously everyday, sometimes for dinner, but if not, then I ate very small and super healthy. I snacked a lot on salad vegies or had little tins of tuna mixed in with the salad stuff. I like optifast, but get better value buying 2 boxes of optislim for $55 from epharmacy.com.au. I still have a shake every morning for brekky and for lunch or dinner if my husband is at a meeting or working late and I don't have to cook. I think I found it an easy diet because I was a huge fan of choc milk.

A big motivator for me during that year was using 'wee-on-a-stick' ketodiastix (a diabetic friend can get a container of 100 for you for 50c or you can get them for approx $24 at full price at a chemist) They let you know very quickly if you are losing weight without having to wait for measurable differences on your scales or looser clothing. I educated myself about losing ketones and mixing a very low carb diet with a liquid VLCD and lost half of myself . I retrained myself to eat healthy and small and if you are motivated enough and tough enough then starting on shakes is a great kickstart to a lifestyle change. Best of luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I lost 27kg using shakes last year. I only put it back on because of 2 miscarriages in 3 months and I fell back to my old habits

I found it really easy, still had plenty of energy to do 1-1.5hr workouts every day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    KG & BM that is fantastic you both did great!! Well the first day is coming to an end and am feeling good no cravings lol!! Have been full all day and not hungry! But i must say it makes you appriciate your one meal of "food" per day hehe!! Thank you for all your feedback it really makes me feel that i can keep on track and fight the fat lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I started rapid loss today! I'm a bit confused as I want to replace two meals a day and it says if replacing meals with shakes to use skim milk whereas when I was on celebrity slim I used water I don't want them as snacks either but dont see how im going to lose weight using milk?

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been using optifast I am loving it losing unto a kilo a day. I have however become a little OCD with weighing myself. Especially if I feel hungry seeing that the diet is working helps the willpower. I was on it for 2 weeks in June/July, lost 6 kilos, I have been doing it for almost 2 weeks now and have lost another 5 so 11 in total. I did weigh 178 so being 167 is awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ ashleerose rapid loss you use milk if replacing a meal and water it it's a snack I replaced 2 meals a day usually breakky and dinner with the shake and had a protein and veggies lunch good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm using optislim life works great and tastes yummy! I eat 1 meal and 1 snack and 2 shakes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks cakster69 I'm onto day two I don't mind the shakes but I'm a bit disappointed that they don't seem to fill me up like they advertise but I'm sticking with it for as long as I can!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm using Benifex Slim & Trim from Aldi ($1.99 each)

I'm replacing only lunch at the moment and having breakfast, morning and afternoon snacks and a healthy dinner. I lost about 2kg's in the first week. The only downfall is they only come in 4 flavours, choc, strawberry, vanilla and coffee, but i find them real yummy.

I actually make them into a pudding by only using half the amout of water mixing until it goes thick and putting it into the fridge to set. i find that it keeps me fuller for longer because it's a thicker consistancy and it's quite a nice change to just having a shake all the time.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jaffasmum For This Useful Post:

ahoff7  (05-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ ashleerose I never felt full on the shakes but perservered with them