+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hervey Bay Mums

Hi, i have recently moved to Toogoom, just outside of Hervey Bay. Before that I lived in Toowoomba my whole life but my husband and I decided that it was time for a change. I have a 20 month old son and an 8 month old daughter. My husband works at the mines, so is away for 2 weeks of every month. I'm getting quite lonely not knowing anyone and thought this would be a good place to start . I'm 21 and am looking for other mums to develop a genuine friendship with. I'm a stay at home mum so am available most days (I'm going to enrol the kids in swimming lessons soon). If anyone is interested or knows any playgroups i could join it would be much appreciated. Thanks, Emma.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Emma

I too am new to the Fraser Coast from Brisbane and would love to meet some new mums in the area! I have a 3 and a half month old boy, Noah. My partner works monday to friday and i get lonely, i can only imagine how hard and isolated you must feel at times. We moved up to live in Hervey Bay but landed ourselves in the crappy town of Maryborough, we are going to be moving to the bay though which is relieving haha!
    I‘m 19, almost 20 - hooray to the end of being stereotyped as the average teenage mum, haha! So what are your interests? What do you like to do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    im in hervey bay, i have 2 kiddies 2yr old nad 8yr old, my girls do swimming with lynelle wallace at craignish, she is private one on one, but fantastic, i tried the swim centres but stuck with lynelle, didnt like the swim centres,

oh and my name is tracey i am 29yrs old married to my hubby troy who is 31, we have been together for 14yrs,

Quote Originally Posted by MummyEmma View Post
    Hi, i have recently moved to Toogoom, just outside of Hervey Bay. Before that I lived in Toowoomba my whole life but my husband and I decided that it was time for a change. I have a 20 month old son and an 8 month old daughter. My husband works at the mines, so is away for 2 weeks of every month. I'm getting quite lonely not knowing anyone and thought this would be a good place to start . I'm 21 and am looking for other mums to develop a genuine friendship with. I'm a stay at home mum so am available most days (I'm going to enrol the kids in swimming lessons soon). If anyone is interested or knows any playgroups i could join it would be much appreciated. Thanks, Emma.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i am also on facebook if anyone is interested and also no a few other mummies who may be keen for meet ups

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hervey Bay Mums

Hello trayc,

I'm in Hervey Bay and I'm keen to meet up for play date coffee or something stronger.
    I have a lone son and an 8 week old puppy - both very gentle and a little on the shy side.. Almost forgot to add my partner who has been along side me for the last nine years. I spent my days growing up in inner Sydney and have a full drivers license.
    If you would like to catch up. Send me a message here.

Regards,
    Mel.

Quote Originally Posted by trayc View Post
    im in hervey bay, i have 2 kiddies 2yr old nad 8yr old, my girls do swimming with lynelle wallace at craignish, she is private one on one, but fantastic, i tried the swim centres but stuck with lynelle, didnt like the swim centres,

oh and my name is tracey i am 29yrs old married to my hubby troy who is 31, we have been together for 14yrs,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mel and any others that are still on this,

I am new to the bay and would love to meet some others. I have 4 kids aged 4, 7, 10 and 14. Would be great to meet up with other Mums for a chat, drink, coffee or kids play.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Fivefaints and anyone else who's still around,
    We are moving to the bay in July and would love to go to some meet ups with mums and kids. I have one son who turns 4 in July.
    Do any of you go to playgroup? are there any other good activities to check out with little ones?
    Thanks
    Amy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi finnegana,

There seems to be a lot of free events here in the bay for families which is great. There are also other things like the library, kindy gym and things like that if they interest you. I went to the local council when I came and they gave me a bag full of brochures and books about the area/groups/events etc.

I have found play groups hard to come by, there are some Mums that usually meet at either Dayman or Apex park eachTuesday morning for the kids to play, there is also a play group at the Neighbourhood centre also on a Tuesday. I have only been to that one once but it was quite good. starts at 9.30 or so. I have been told there is a Playgroup Aust one at the Family Daycare office in Tavistock St Torquay which is meant to be really good. It's on a Monday at 9am.

Lots out there Amy, you just need to arrive and check things out. Good luck with the move and maybe we can catch up once you're settled

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much fivefaints,
    I will check all of those out!! I would love to arrange a catch up when we are settled. Do you check back on this site often? If so I'll message you to arrange a catch up, if not you can email me if you like to prioramy@gmail.com so I have your email address and I'll get in touch as soon as we are settled and we can meet up and the kids have a play.
    Thanks again
    Amy

Thanks
    Reviews
    sorry i only just saw this post again

i am in point vernon
    you can add me on facebook if anyone likes tray_lee01@hotmail.com