+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Thumbs down Pharmacists charging for certification of documents

A couple of weeks back,I went to a pharmacy to get some documents certified,they said they were busy,and I went to another one,they were busy as well.I then went to a third pharmacy(Nova pharmacy),and they certified what I had,but made me give a "donation" to a charity,which worked out to be roughly 50 cents for each page!
    Last week,one of my friends had to do the same,and Chemist's Warehouse made her "donate" $13 for 26 pages!
    What's going on?Isn't this illegal?I might as well go bankrupt paying for certification of documents!

Thanks
    Reviews
    They charge me $2.00 per page!! The post office charge $4.00 per page!!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't think they could do that?! Love the term donation, I guess you refuse if it is really just a donation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I pay $4 at the post office also. I do understand it's taking up their time and they must get a lot of ppl in for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Justices of Peace don't charge a cent for certifying documents.
    If pharmacies/post offices charge,that should be mentioned on websites or they shouldn't be included in the list of people who can certify documents!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is probably a discouragement tactic on their behalf. I'm sure it's one of those unpaid things they get asked to do keeping them from getting other work done. And sometimes people can go in expecting to get it done quickly, just as some people expect their scripts to be done in 5 seconds. (I'm glad op that you weren't angry about the other places saying they were busy).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Next time go to the Police Station. They can certify and don't charge a cent!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (06-09-2011)

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We I went a few weeks back I got charged $1 per signature, didn't really bother me I understand that chemist are usually really busy and it does take away time they could be doing other things so meh I'm happy to pay

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    Yep, we happen to live near a police station (in NSW) & have been in several times to get visa/passport documents certified & they never charge.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by finally expecting View Post
    It is probably a discouragement tactic on their behalf. I'm sure it's one of those unpaid things they get asked to do keeping them from getting other work done. And sometimes people can go in expecting to get it done quickly, just as some people expect their scripts to be done in 5 seconds. (I'm glad op that you weren't angry about the other places saying they were busy).
    I don't have to be angry,they were busy and told me so.I could either wait or move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    My question is,is charging to certify documents illegal?