Closed Thread
Page 99 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Pixel - That is absolutely rotten I'm devastated for you. I agree with DJ people that have never been through infertility don't really understand the pain. You don't have to think about your next move just yet, take some time to grieve. One thing we all have in common is that we are strong to have endured so much crap for so long. Your time will come
    xx
    SS

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SummerShine For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (07-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Pixel – Im so so sorry….this whole thing just sux sometimes. Take some time out and then re-emerge with a way forward.
    Twowhites
    - Congratulations on being PUPO….amazing outcome.

Nicole – hope your morning sickness is short lived.

Ianed – here’s wishing little springbok does a bit of a turn for you.

Emski and Babywish – Donor agencies: I went through EDSA for my donor. I cant speak highly enough about EDSA and the contact person, Kimenthra. She is always quick to respond and just loves answering your questions…no matter how many you may have….she has so much compassion and seems to understand the stress and angst that can go with making a donor decision…she is totally there for you. EDSA charge R15000 and on today’s exchange rate, A$1585. Originally, I looked at EDSA, Gift ov Life and Nurture….I actually clicked with a donor with EDSA and it wasn’t until after, that Dr Wiswedel said he had a preference for EDSA. We would have gone with whoever the agency was, as I clicked with my donor and just had such a strong pull to her.

BB4Me – Im in the same boat as you regarding prednisone/clexane/baby aspirin….I have elevated Anti-Nuclear Antibodies (ANA). I don’t really have any choice but to go through my GP…my clinic here in Cairns do not want to assist.

Makeba – Looking forward to hearing your SA stories.

Hi everyone.

AFM
    Is anyone having an endometrial biopsy, scratch/scarifying before SA?
    Last edited by Sunny15; 06-04-2013 at 17:23.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

laned  (08-04-2013),Makeba  (07-04-2013),Pixel  (07-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DONOR SEARCHING
    Jennilee
    Abundance

DONOR SELECTED

DONOR CONTRACT (signed by both parties)
    Sunny15 (Cape Town June/July) EDSA & Dr Wiswedel
    January (Cape Town early July) Dr Wiswedel
    DJShears (Cape Town/July) EDSA & Dr Wiswedel

TREATMENT CYCLE
    Helenmac (Cape Town FET 19th April)
    Makeba (Cape Town 5th April)

2WW - WAITING FOR BFP
    Twowhites

BFP
    SummerShine
    Laned
    Missleo (twins)
    Nicole72 (twins)
    SVD (twins)

GRADUATES
    JodiW
    Chascabear
    Theresa68
    WilsonJoy (twin boys)
    Jed (twins - boy and girl)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

Thought I would give you a giggle....

Feeling sore and not very sorry for myself. Two days ago, I fell out of the car!!! It was parked out the front of our property on gravel and as I went to get out, my long dress got caught on the hand-brake which is on the right side of the drivers seat. So over I went. I know have a sprained wrist/hand, hideous bruises on my legs, a grazed knee and small grazes on my hands. Not the most graceful way to get out of the car. I laughed my head off. DP was in the toilet and heard me yelling and couldn't come to my clumsy aid. His words were "Sorry hun, my poo is looking for a new home...be there as soon as I can!". Couldn't stop laughing.

Anyway, I am off to the gynae tomorrow afternoon to check my cervical calcification and endometrial cyst which shouldn't be a big deal, it is mainly the cervix.

Hope you are all doing well.

Donna x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Donna that's so funny. Love to know someone else can be as goofy as me x
    thanks for the giggle ... Adds a nice touch to the site

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jennilee...How are you going with your donor search? Have been wondering where you are up and when you were heading back over. Are you feeling ok?
    I think we are all so easily exposed to stress and heartache and we are all so bloody vulnerable when it comes to ivf, particularly with donor and even more so when it involves a trip to the other end of the world to add to the financial burden. Requires a lot of commitment and strength and I guess desperation to a degree, so, I future, it's ok to laugh at yourself and muck around.

Donna x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

just a quick update from Cape Town.. Had our first appointment with dr h on Friday and we are on track. Our donor has 15 follicle's, egg retrieval tomorrow. So fingers crossed we keep on track.
    yesterday we spent the day on the hop on hop off bus to get a overview of CPT beyond the waterfront. Today we will head out on the blue bus for a different circuit.

twowhites how are you feeling?

bye for now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Makeba - How exciting for you! All seems to be progressing really well. Fingers crossed.

Pixel - My heart goes out to you. To be so close and for things not to work out...well its just so incredibly unfair.

As for me, just waiting on treatment plan now. Am hoping for June dates and feel so excited about it but a little anxious that it is so close and there is so much to organise. Waiting for the green light to book everything is agonising!

Just a couple of questions:

I've chosen to go with Lucrin daily injection as my GP can write the script for that (the depot was my first choice but its not available in the correct dosage). Does anyone have any idea how many vials of the 5mg daily, 2.8ml vial I would need? Its quite expensive and I'm just trying to work out the cost to factor into the budget. I dont have my treatment plan yet so don't know how many weeks I need to take it for.

Also, I'm hoping to include prednisolone (10mg daily) and clexane into my cycle as I have used this in the past. I usually started the prednisolone on day 1 of the cycle and then the clexane the night before transfer. Both were then taken right up to 10 weeks. But how would this work for a donor cycle? When would these medications start? My GP does not know and my FS is on leave. Any thoughts appreciated.

Hope you are enjoying the weekend!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Libelle For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (07-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Makeba.....That is fantastic. Sounds really promising for you. Let us now how EPU goes and tomorrow night there will be a love session in the petri dish happening!!! Hope all goes well and that your donor has some wonderful eggs for you. Not long and you will be PUPO.... Thinking of you! Donna x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Firstly sorry for being absent, we had to put our 19.5 year old dog down, which has been really hard. That coupled with the fact we had to put our other little pup to sleep after Christmas has just made it a really sad time. So hence being AWOL. That said you have all not been far from my thoughts.

Pixel - I truly have no words that will make your situation better. I am so sorry that things worked out the way they did for you. I was excited about your BFP, so can only imagine what you must be going through. That said, I find your spirit and determination amazing. Wonderful qualities that will make you the best god damned mother a little one could have. As has been said. Take care of you and much love to yourself and DH.

Makaba - wow looking like another mighty fine result. I look forward to your updates and may the gametes get jiggy with it

2W - are you home yet? If so hoping you are recovering from the jet lag. When is your BT?

SS - man oh man, not long now for you, how bloody exciting!!!

Sunny - thanks for your thoughts, as for scarifying I did not have one before my SA journey, but had one attended including a lipoidal flush before my final IVF cycle (which was a flop b/c of my eggs).

As for the Springbok, still loving the hammock so it seems. Go back to Ob next Mon to find out the delivery date, albeit I now have two theatre bookings. Had an unfortunate experience with my TCM on Friday. She became really upset about a potential CS at 37+2w and did not hold back in criticising my Ob. I then had to justify his rationale (risk of cord prolapse). Mmmm needless to say wasn't all that relaxed following that session.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (09-04-2013)