Closed Thread
Page 98 of 107 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Jed – Congratulations, I hope your babies are putting on weight and getting stronger so you can take them home.

Laned – I was wondering how you were doing, glad to read the springbok is still nicely tucked in.

Pixel – I have everything crossed for you.

Twowhites – what great numbers, fingers crossed for the 2WW.

I had previously posted some questions I had about this process but they were unable to be answered here so I took the advice and contacted CFC direct and received an extremely quick reply from Dr Wiswedel. I thought I would post them here so that if anyone that is single and would like to go down this path can see that CFC is only too happy to help.

1. Do I need a referral - no you don't need

3. Do you do embryo donation – do not do this. Only egg donation and sperm donation

4. Do you have an egg bank is it easy to access if something goes wrong - yes, we do

5. Do you have a sperm bank on site or do you use another sperm bank like Androcryos - we have a sperm bank on site, Androcryos or you can import from the US

6. Do you do the PGD test - yes, but not recommended for egg donation as donors are usually very young. PGD also decreases your chance to fall pregnant

I had also asked about the agencies as I had only been in contact with Gift Ov Life and Nuture but have read here about Sunshine and EDSA. Dr Wiswedel prefers EDSA I was wondering like Emski72 said if we could get some opinions on the agencies, you can read all their websites from front to back but I think knowing how they have treated everyone is just as important.

Regards
    Babywish
    Last edited by babywish313; 04-04-2013 at 21:48.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to babywish313 For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (04-04-2013),Pixel  (05-04-2013),Twowhites  (06-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone from sunny Cape Town,

We arrived this morning and checked into our apartment. Gorgeous sunny day today and tomorrow we meet the lovely Dr Heylen. We have spent the afternoon wondering around the waterfront, did a food shop and had a lovely early dinner. Received a email from Gift ov Life advising me that our donor is doing well on her meds... which I thought was lovely of them to do that. Hopefully Dr Heylen will have good news about my lining once he does my scan... I was sitting on the plane thinking everything about this process is one step at a time and waiting. Landing in CPT this morning and thinking wow we are really on our way - this is it!!
    Pixel thinking of you.
    TwoWhites - sending you positive vibes.
    hi to everyone else.

Going to bed now...its 6.20pm and Im exhausted!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Makeba For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (05-04-2013),Twowhites  (05-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will be taking prednisolone, baby aspirin and Clexane during my cycle as well. I have not had immunity testing, but I do have autoimmune issues that affected my kidneys in my teens. I produce small clots in my kidneys and kidney stones so my FS felt if I was already producing clots baby aspirin and Clexane should be used. As for the prednisolone, its what's always been prescribed when I have a flare up of swollen joints etc so I haven't been told I have Natural Killer Cells but my FS felt it best to be cautious. I also had 3 mc's in a row last year but didn't get pregnant again to see if the immune therapy would actually work. I think the mc's were egg quality issues but I don't know for sure.

Funnily enough my FS doesn't believe in intripilids even though there is so much info out there about them. So if it is immunity problems I hope the prednisolone, clexane and baby aspirin are enough. My GP is prescribing all of the immunity meds, I was wondering the same thing though if using them as a precaution is ok.

CFC emailed last night to let us know they were waiting on the donors info from Nurture so the donor can make her screening appointment. So exciting!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Babywish, I am going through Nurture and they've been great with us. I didn't necessarily pick an agency but more looked over the donors and we ended up going with Nurture because that's where our favourite donor was. I like things to happen quickly when I decide on something and Nurture seemed to keep things rolling for us.

I did email Sunshine my photo and they sent us donor profiles to take a look at, they seemed really nice as well. Global Egg donors were nice enough but their pricing seemed quite high in comparison to the local agencies. EDSA and Gift Ov Life we had a look at but didn't find a donor so I've had no interaction with them. I'm sure whomever you choose will work out well for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

well I just got a call from my Dr and its a BFN the final blood test confirms a HcG of 2.
    I can deny that I am gutted and my head is spinning as I grasp the idea of starting all over again. I don't seem to be able to believe the result as I had felt so much hope for this donor process. I immediately want to problem solve the situation but don't feel emotionally ready to move forward.
    I could not have had more love and support through this process and really appreciate each of your positive comments and know you we're all praying for me as I am for you.
    heres hoping we find a new donor quickly and better luck next time.
    love to all xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Pixel I am so very very sorry, that's really ****ty news. Big hug to you and DH. x

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Missleo For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (05-04-2013)

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Pixel - I am so very sorry to hear your news. It IS extremely difficult to come to terms with especially after the extreme length you have gone to, (over the other side of the world!!) to achieve a pregnancy. I know the feeling very well......coming back with a chemical of 72. Do you have any ice babies in Cape Town? Have you been checked for any immune issues? Take care & spoil yourself this weekend. Do something especially nice with DH. Thinking of you.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to helenmac For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (05-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks missleo

Helen mac- No we only got two eggs from our donor, so starting from scratch. Figure I couldn't be that unlucky twice but will go with a new donor.
    Only immune issue is RA that I know of, haven't done any NK testing, is it a general anesthetic to get that done? I was one apsrin and pred 10 mg and just one clexane for the flight home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Pixel, I am so sorry to hear you news. It's so bloody unfair. People that have never endured fertility issues or been through ivf, have no idea just how hard it is. The downs and the ups and there will be ups for you. It may not have worked this time, but it will happen for you. I am sure DH and yourself will need some time together to get through it. Share a nice bottle of wine, shed tears and eat some chocolate. You are DH are in my thoughts and prayers. Better days lie ahead.
    Luv Donna x

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DJSHEARS For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (06-04-2013)

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Pixel,

With testing for high nk cells there is a blood test to check levels of CD56 high nk cells in the blood and a biopsy for CD57 high nk cells in the uterus. I, unfortunately have high levels of both which is why my PERFECT two donor embryos would not implant. I've had the 'Bondi protocol treatment with Dr. Sack's the standard prednisolone & clexane 3 times and 2 BFN but 1 chemical (from Cape Town). I'm now on a more agressive immune treatment with Dr. Matthias who uses IVIg infusion and intripilids.

I'm not suggesting you have immune issues but it may be worth checking it out before going through a whole new donor cycle etc.

From what I've heard Rheumatoid Arthritis can affect implantation due to inflamation which can raise cytokines. Humira can effectively reduce these and also high nk cells that can be lurking in the uterus. Are you on any meds for your RA? Wishing you well & we are all here if you need to vent

Oh and it depends on who does your biopsy if it is a general or not. With Dr. Sacks I had one in his office. Dr. Matthias did it under general with a hysteroscopy.
    Last edited by helenmac; 06-04-2013 at 14:54. Reason: Add on