Closed Thread
Page 92 of 107 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone! I'm obviously new to this thread. Its so comforting to finally come upon a group of women with similar (though heartbreaking) stories like mine. Reading all your histories and posts has really helped me to feel less isolated and alone. Until I came upon this thread I felt like the only person who was a 'poor responder' and had egg quality issues!

Your stories are all truly inspirational!

I have followed this thread for a few weeks now and it has given me so much hope. After giving up on my own eggs after our most recent IVF attempt, I have now found a donor and just signed the contract tonight. We are so elated!

We are hoping to head over in June if we can get the timing right. Our beautiful donor is available but unfortunately I have just been told I need to have a HSG or Hysteroscopy done before they can clear me as I had a Myemoctomy performed last year. Cant believe I might need yet more medical procedures performed before I can be given the go-ahead. My own FS cleared me for IVF cycles earlier in the year so its difficult understanding why this is really necessary

Has anyone else had to undergo these types of tests before CFC will give you the all clear? Of course I will do whatever it takes, but I am so keen just to start getting this underway it feels like this is holding me back.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Libelle For This Useful Post:

laned  (29-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Libelle - welcome...this is a wonderful supportive thread.

Its frustrating isnt it? I provided all my test results at the beginning of January and it was only on Monday night that they requested some more tests...luckily the extra testing was only blood tests for DP and I which can be easily obtained, but I cant help feeling that it would be just my luck to get asked for HSG or the like....I had a HyCoSy done as part of my assessment month prior to commencing IVF in January 2010, which revealed all was good and then I had a Lap and Hyst later that year, which was more exploratory and nothing untoward was found. So I have my fingers crossed that the results for my HyCoSy and Lap and Hyst will be enough for them, albeit aged results . Who is your FS at CFC?....is he/she prepared to discuss it further?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

A little update from Cape Town...

Had my lining scan today at Cape Fertility Clinic and met the lovely Dr Heylen. I have to say its a very professional and friendly clinic, better than my experiences so far in Australia!

My lining was in his words "perfect" and my donor is coming along really well with around 12 eggs expected to be collected on Friday morning, so all good here, and hope that continues.

I have a few questions for the "graduate" and "BFP" gals:-

Did anyone who had success not use the PIO injections? My FS at home suggested to use Crinone which I've done before and am happy with and he thinks that produces the same outcomes without the pain! Dr Heylen is pretty keen for me to use the injectables... I'm looking for some success stories to prove I can go with Crinone!!

Did anyone who had success fly straight home after transfer? Dr suggested I'd be right to fly on Wednesday so I'm thinking of changing my flight!

Im getting crazy bruising being on asprin and clexane anyone doing these had same probs - how was it with PIO!?

Any other hot tips for progressing from the 2WW list to the BFP list - I'd be most grateful!

For all those who have concerns about Cape Twon - it's absolutely fine, lovely in fact. And those who have suggested not getting cabs - I've taken about 10 in 2 days and they're great. So friendly helpful and easy but I would reccomend only using reputable cab companies not the randoms in the street. I'd recommend staying down at the V&A Waterfront as that's where it's all happening and shopping and eating options are in abundance! Food is great and amazing value. I'm at Green Point and it's great too. I probably wouldn't stay near the clinic as you hardly spend any time there really. Camps Bay is gorgeous and I'd probably stay there if I came again and had a car, make it a real beach holiday! The city sightseeing bus is really worthwhile and a great way to get your bearings and find out some fascinating stuff about the city.

We're off to the "wine lands" for the Easter weekend, can't wait.

Happy Easter to all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi all,

just wondering if anyone has an email address for CFC? I've sent two emails through the website requesting more information from them as to what is required regarding a donor cycle, and both emails have bounced back (2 weeks apart too) - so I am finding it impossible to get in contact with them!
    Lord knows how they get any new business with this kind of email system?

Is there such a thing as an information pack they can send out - it would be easier for me to discuss with DH that way.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
    Emma

Thanks
    Reviews
    Twowhites - Yay I'm so glad it's all going well and you're enjoying your time in Cape Town. For me personally I wouldn't muck about with the progesterone, Dr H told me to stay on injections as they are best. I know ladies on here that have used Crinone with success too. I have a luteal phase defect and did what the Dr told me and it worked. I definitely would not use pessaries though they are not absorbed as well by the body - I'm living proof that pessaries do not cut the mustard.

Have a great Easter.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SummerShine For This Useful Post:

Twowhites  (28-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    emski - i used the email address on the CFC egg donation website for Dr Le Roux personally replied pretty much the same day. I was very impressed.

Regards Jane

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Been following this thread since midway through my pregnancy with my twins who are now nearly 6 months old. I went through ED transfer as well but didn't do the treatment in SA. I thought I'd comment on the use of progesterone injections during my pregnancy. My clinic thought they were better than the pessaries in terms of a more consistent dose being delivered. I had over 10 weeks of injections but also had the pessaries for safe measure between week 10 and week 13 (via my Obs back home).

I found the once a day injections so much easier to use than trying to juggle 3 pessaries a day (also needed to be chilled). On the other hand the injections needs to be kept at room temperature and can't be chilled (causes crystals to form) so if you bring them back with you they need to be carried as hand luggage.

I was on low dose aspirin from before my ED transfer til a day before my C-section and my Obs wanted me to be on it for the whole pregnancy.

Hope this helps people with their decisions.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sally08 For This Useful Post:

January  (29-03-2013),laned  (29-03-2013),Twowhites  (28-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Totally agree with what has been said about the pessaries. The injections are so much easier and although they started to get uncomfortable for me about week 5 they are less hassle and I wish I was still on them. My FS wanted me to switch after a certain time so they could control my dose a bit more so I'm now on 2 pessaries 3 times a day and it's a bloody pain - and a mess to deal with. If I end up going back to CT by myself for a FET I would probably search out a local doctor there to give me daily injections.

Emski have you been in contact with a donor agency yet? That was our first step. Once we were close to picking a donor our agency helped with CFC. The agency can probably give you most of the initial info you need? If you have any questions we can help with fire away!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Twowhites - sounds like everything is going really well for you over there and thanks for the tips....I have added them to my 'tip sheet'!!! Do you mind me asking what donor agency you went through...EDSA, Nurture, Gift ov Life etc? My donor is currently donating....it maybe you! Enjoy the wine....maybe the last for 9 months!

Emski - I also used the email on the CFC egg donation website...Dr Wiswedel replied straight away, followed by Dr Paul Le Roux. I agree with Midnight...the level of service is impressive. Having said that, I have also received a couple of emails bounce back....they maybe experiencing some unusual tech issues. Keep trying...if you dont have any luck, PM me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Thanks guys for your advice - I ended up emailing Dr Le Roux directly and he responded last night which was great. They have sent on the questionnaire, so I'll have a look through that later today. I'm still on my last IVF cycle here so don't want to get too ahead of myself just yet, but also don't want to be waiting 6 months if it fails, if that makes any sense.

Good luck Twowhites - everything sounds on track!

Em x