Closed Thread
Page 83 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
    helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nicole - Congratulations on your twin news!!! So happy for you and your DH!

Missleo - Don't worry about not much sign of m/s or not feeling pregnant. I just wanted to reassure you, when I was pregnant with my son I had hardly any symptoms of m/s at all! Wishing you well for your scan.

Twowhites - SO exciting that you are leaving soon!!! Wishing you every success and come back with wonderful news to share.

Hi to all the other ladies

2. The Following User Says Thank You to helenmac For This Useful Post:

Twowhites  (16-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations WJ on the safe arrival of your two boys.
    congrats to all those with BFPs
    to those who are travelling soon fingers crossed and lots of baby dust to you.
    laned not long to go now, hope alls well with you.
    Jennilee sorry to hear about your SA journey, can u do a deal with EDSA for a discounted second cycle?
    sorry if I have missed anyone

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JodiW For This Useful Post:

Twowhites  (16-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    congrats Nicole awesome news.
    Anyone choose a donor and then the agency tells you the donor has already been screened? I thought once you had choose and signed the contract it took a couple of weeks for the go ahead?
    Hey Missleo I've tried to send you a pm but I think I sent it to myself! I'm trying
    Lol. Hope you all have a lovely weekend.
    Cartia x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies
    I have been AWOL for a while, just to get myself together and back in the positive zone again

I will just relay a brief outline of what happened to us.
    Our donor only had 4 eggs, of thos 3 fertilised and all were poor quality. 2 were very fragmented & 1 went to 8 cells, but was low grade. We had a 3 day transfer and held little hope. This turned out to be true, as our BT on 6th March, was Negative

Anyway, we are now having 3 donors tested for AMH & AFC (their follicle count) It is costing about $150 each donor, but we want to make sure our donor will give us enough eggs to hopefully make some beautiful embryos. We have 1 donor from EDSA & 2 from SUnshine. We will choose 1 donor when we get the results.

You can request that your donor has these tests. It would be great if CFC or Donor Agency had this info for us when we choose.

Also, make sure you have a FULL bladder when you go for your transfer. We weren't told & I found the ultrasound piece pretty uncomfortable being pushed into my abdomen.

Nicole- Your news has cheered my up no end! Twins in the house - YEY!! I just got your PM X Thank you! TWINS- Unreal

Missleo - Thinking of you guys heaps. The waiting for this part must be very hard as well. I will keep in touch. Hang in there. You are on your way to making your family. You will have to move to Perth and the kids can come to work with me

WilsonJoy- So happy for you and your family. Thank Goodness for the science and development of IVF. Lovely time to have little ones, as the weather isn't too hot. I hope you are getting some sleep though

Ianed- Thank you for your thoughts. Thinking of you

helenmac- We may be there in April/May. What date is your first appointment at CFC?

Cartia- Hello. How are your plans now? Have you booked accommodation?

Everyone else, hang in there on the RollercoasterThey didn't have a rollercoaster he he!!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jennilee67 For This Useful Post:

Cartia  (16-03-2013),emski72  (16-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

I've been reading along and celebrating in the wonderful news of recent births, soon to be arrivals, new BFPS and pending departures for SA. I've also been sharing your disappointment Jennilee but hoping for great news for your next cycle

I'm still saving $$ and probably won't be heading over until August. I had a quick question about the fees. I understand payment for the egg donor agency is upfront and to secure the donor and I could pay that now. Does Cape Fertility require full payment of their $5K at the same time?

Thanks

Wish
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Wishmeluck,

I had to pay Nurture upfront. As far as CFC they won't start assessing your donor until you pay 37,000ZAR upfront which is just over $4000, the rest is paid at egg retrieval time. There is probably a time limit on this I would imagine, as agencies can't hold a donor indefinitely.

This was explained in the contracts.

Cheers

January

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jennileee....So sorry for what you have been through. It totally sux. We have all been thinking of you. You are right when you say it is a roller coaster, totally agree. Ups n downs all the time. Glad you are making plans to sort through the donors. Makes you wonder though. Is the testing something we should all be looking at? I can't imagine going over and enduring what you have gone through. Will the donor you used be out back up in the donor profiles?? Hope she isn't the one we have contracted. Ours has done 2 successful cycles, just done a third but I don't know the outcome of that and she is booked in for a 4th cycles before us in July. When do you think you will go back? I am sure that next trip will be better for you.

Donna x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for the info January
    DJShears - I think it is a great idea to get our donors to have the AMH and AFC tests done. I'll certainly be asking

Wish
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning all,

Jennilee - I am so sorry to here how your cycle went for you. I think you mentioned you were returning in a few months. From what you are doing getting AMH checks I am sure you will get the result you are after next time. Have been thinking of you heaps and I think we all can relate to how you must be feeling right now. Big hugs xxx

I am surprised that AMH testing is not a standard test for donors, perhaps we all need to start requesting this before proceeding!

AFM - I have chosen a first time donor and will email CFC tomorrow re adding this test to the list. Went to my GP yesterday for referrals and she was very curious as to what I was up to? She hadn't seen anyone before with such a request. Nevertheless she was very helpful and wrote the referrals for blood tests and ultrasound no problem, but did say she couldn't imaging running after kids at my age

From what I can work out there are possibly 4 ladies heading over in March. Pixel, Aussie123, Grindasol and Two Whites. All the best to you all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello lovely ladies,

Jennilee - Hey I'm so glad you are back and getting organized to go again, from what I understand the odds get even better second time. Also you know what to expect this time and can make sure everything runs smoothly.

I'm also surprised that these test aren't included in the screening, especially the antral follicle count. That was a standard test when I was doing IVF!
    I would hope that if a donor doesn't respond well in a particular cycle then they would put that in the file but then again maybe every cycle is different? Maybe they would adjust the donors meds on their next donation so they get a better outcome?
    AFM - well my first chosen donor has had to cancel as she is pregnant! So I've chosen another, she is unproven but 22yrs old so I am going in May, don't have exact dates yet, just started the pill a week ago and just heard that she has been screened and is fine. So I'm still waiting to hear from Cyndi about my treatment plan.
    I haven't booked accommodation yet, I'd like to be nice and close to the clinic, any suggestions?

Have a great Sunday everyone, hi to my fellow Perth gals,
    Cartia x to all