Closed Thread
Page 80 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies,

Sunny 15 - you are so organized! I will be referring to your checklist to make sure I have done everything!

Perth ladies - I find it interesting that Hollywood are so helpful to some of you. I was told by CFC that they were their preferred clinic in Perth, however when I approached them they said they could not assist (some kind of legal reason)

Have just had donor confirmation and we are heading to CT in July!

Very excited

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    hope you are all having a great Saturday.
    Hey January, I had the same thing happen with Hollywood, were you a patient there? I'm not sure if you have to speak to someone specific! Anyway I'm planning to go in May, seems like there's still so much to organize.
    Question, how long do you have to take the pill for?
    Cartia x
    babydust to you all

Thanks
    Reviews
    JANUARY.....We are doing July also!!!!!!! Should try and catch up if our dates work out....Will PM you!!!! Donna

Thanks
    Reviews
    Twowhites - just checked the map and you couldn't have chosen a better location to stay, it's about 400 metres from where we stayed. Very safe and just a short walk to the V&A Waterfront complex and the little Cape Quarter shopping centre that has some AMAZING cafes and cute boutiques...you will eat yourself stupid in Cape Town. Voila in Cape Quarter is so good for breakfast we went there almost every day. Basically everything you need is on the strip along Main Road, plenty of restaurants to choose from.

If anyone hasn't decided where to stay yet I would highly recommend Green Point.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Missleo For This Useful Post:

Twowhites  (10-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies - OMG there has been a lot of activity on here. The thread is on fire . Wow clearly some more Springboks to come back into the country over the next few months. Again congratulations for your bravery. In hindsight I wish I had made the decision long ago, but like many of you I'm sure, I just had to go through the motions.

Amandamoo - we wanted our donor to travel to Cape Town, but she refused, so we had no option other than to go to Joburg. If we every decide to go back we will be using Cape Fertility. I would likely be travelling on my own in the future and I wouldn't feel comfortable in Joburg on my own, but more than happy with CT.

Just a thought for all travelling over, think about leaving some of DH/DP sperm. We did as a contingency.

Twowhites - I know an amazing lady, who is not on this thread, but is amazing as she helped me make my decision about going to SA. She is headed over to CT for a 20 March scheduled EPU and will be travelling alone. She has been to Saffa before and this is her second trip. I am sure she would love the support and company of another. I am more than happy to establish a link.

Cartia - you will be on the pill to sync your cycle with the donors. Yourself and the donor will stop on the same day, which will be worked out by your clinic. That way you should both start your period on the same day and her EPU will be around CD14.

WJ - hoping all is well with you and your beautiful little men.

Jennilee - have been thinking of you.

To all other ladies - best wishes to all.

AFM - I had my baby shower last w/end. Friends of mine are so excited for us they organised the whole thing. I wasn't allowed to do anything. I was so overwhelmed, as I never ever thought I would ever get to have the experience of motherhood lest alone a baby shower. Man oh man, I feel like one of the luckiest women on the planet.

I hope all of you here get to experience the same. Xxx

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (11-03-2013),Cartia  (10-03-2013),Twowhites  (11-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Laned - thank you! I'd love to Touch base with your friend if she's keen and if our timing works! Our EPU is scheduled for 29/3. I'm not sure how to DM on this site...?!

MissLeo - great that Green Pt is the go. Can't wait.... Thank you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    WOW....this thread is growing by the day hello to all you brave strong woman going down this path of reaching their dreams of motherhood!!!!

Laned - we were all at your baby shower in spirt, glad you had a great time and fantstic friends that arranged it all for you.

Im not sure who asked but someone recently asked about meds - I choose to buy the extra Progesterone Oil in SA so plan to stay on it for the 11 wks instead of changing to pessaries, the oil is fool proof, and that was my Drs words..... whilst it may hurt some days and trust me it does ( im home sick today as I cant walk I have a hugh bruise in my bum muscle) we have a histroy of low progesterone and m/c and decided this was the better way for us.
    It cost $120 australian instead of the $780.00 my clinic was going to charge for pessaries........ there is no need to keep it cold but get a letter from CFC saying you need to travel with it so you can show customs -I took it as hand luagge.

Jennilee - Im concered we havnt heard from you - I really hope this isnt as youve had bad news

January - Im not with Hollywood But they my do it they way my clinic does.... If you rang the reception and asked about DE in south africa you would get told no the dont do it, but should you have done cycles/cycle with them with no luck and you mention it to them there is one lady who can assit with meds, scans and BT but its not advertised...... infact all my appointments are made by email diretly with her, i dont go through the reception or Dr here at all.

AFM: I have decided Morning sickness was named by a MAN ..... As it now starts before i even open my eyes in the morning and lasts all day, dry crackers and steamed veg is my diet Im not sure how much loger i will be able to hide it at work.....We have our scan next friday so are very nervous...... please please god let there be a heartbeat.

I havnet had a sick day off work for forever - i plan to eat dry crackers and watch movies ALL day in my jim jams........

Pixel - hope CT is everything you wished i would be - we loved it!

Nicole

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicole72 For This Useful Post:

laned  (10-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies for the info re clinics and getting assistance. I am just going to go to my GP initially to get bloods/scans done. I was assessed by Hollywood years ago however my FS no longer is associated with them and I think that is part of the reason they said they could not help me.

Another clinic I did 2 cycles with can't help me either. The laws here are really strict and I think that it is a bit of a risk for them to be seen to be openly assisting overseas donor cycles

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    thanks laned, I start taking it tomorrow. Hey Nicole, trust me when I tell you that you will see a healthy growing beanie maybe even 2! It should be called all day sickness and its a great sign for a healthy baby/babies.
    Anyone going over in May?
    Cartia x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Nicole. Very sweet of you.

TW - have sent you a PM with my friends email contact. She is super keen to catch up with you in CT.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Twowhites  (11-03-2013)