Closed Thread
Page 8 of 107 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Staceyma- I feel for you and am so sorry it did not work out this time. I read somewhere that if all else is ok, then donor eggs have a 50/50 shot each time. At some point the coin has to flip to the other side and I hope it does so for you next time. Don't lose hope.

Smika - congrats on your success. It is very good to hear.

Deb11-It is a good thread, isn't it. It has certainly helped me along. As for payment I paid CFC  in two installments.  First I paid by international bank transfer when the donor started seeing the FS (Oct).  Since she was immediately available this was within 2 weeks of booking her through the agency.  The second was paid by card, face to face when I got to the clinic (Nov/Dec).  Best of luck on your journey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Staceyma

I was so sure that you would come back with a positive, you seemed so confident. I am sooooo sorry it didn't work for you this time. Dont give up, just look at it like its a little set back your time will come and soon, I just know it. We are all here for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by smika View Post

One thing I wanted to mention was that we were told to get the Leuproreline Depo one shot injection but were given a course that I had to take for the first part of the cycle. So I had to take syringes and the vial to SA. The airlines etc were very relaxed about this so it wasn't a big deal to anyone but me.

When I was talking to our FS he said that synarel would have been preferable but as they do not get it is SA they do not prescribe it. I have checked and will use synarel on our FET transfer for next year. Just something you might want to discuss as it makes the travelling a bit easier.
    Thanks Smika good to know. Synarel and lucrin were on my list but I chose the easy option Tripotorelen (SP?) as I am dreadful trying to remember to take my medication, even my oroxine which I take every day and have done for a number of years, I still forget LOL.

Congrats on your little princess. Its a hard decision to make to give up on your own eggs and go this route but worth it from my point of view as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Deb we were a little different. We paid the agency fee once the donor was chosen, when she started to see the clinic we paid the deposit for the clinic and when we arrived we paid the balance. I guess it depends on how quickly you move. Fingers crossed for your cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, hope you don't mind me joining this wonderful thread. I have been a lurker for the past week and i think it's about time i join.

Staceyma, i was closely following your progress and i am so sorry it did not work out this time. Just like someone said before, just look at it as a small set back. Take a break, then get back on your feet and keep trying. We will all get there someday.

I am based in the US and i will be going to CFC for a DE cycle. Have been fighting with infertility for 7yrs now. After several roller coaster rides of fertility treatment here in the US resulting in empty coffers and no baby, my DH and i started researching on treatment options abroad. This thread has provided me with so much information and hope. Thanks again for starting it.

I just selected my donor through gift ov life and i am keeping fingers crossed that all goes well. Looking at being in Cape town by April/May hopefully.

Deb11 when are you planning on having your treatment? we might be cycle buddies

Congratulations to all the BFP in the house. I am going to CFC to get mine lol...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    Congrats to everyone who has got a BFP recently.

Well I have not posted in this thread for sometime - since my last DE cycle failed. Well we have now got our treatment plan for our 2nd attempt with Gift oV Life & CFC. We are off to Cape Town end of March.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Prayermom good luck wirh your cycle how exciting for you i wish u huge amounts of baby dust.Brindo i was wondering what was going on with u. Good luck for your next cycle thats awesome news it should be easier for you this time around ascu know what to expect.As for my news i have pre eclampsia and am stuck on a maternity ward babies crying everywhere so no sleep for me. We are hoping to make it til friday before bub comes out i will b 28 wks then but with no sleep for the forseeable futiure im not sure we will make it. Good vibes to all. Xxx

mostly in Perth but sometimes away with the fairies
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You poor thing Jodie - i cannot imagine how you are feeling. I hope everything goes well. I am terrified of getting pre-eclampsia. All the very best on your birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no! Jodi I hope this time passes safely and as smoothly as possible for you, hubby and the little bub. I know the stress must be enormous but you need to keep looking after yourself mentally too.  That little bub will know what an awesome mum you already are.  You have given us all hope in here, I hope we can give you the same support.  The three of you are in my thoughts and prayers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jodi, so sorry you ars going through this. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your entire famiy. three more days to go.....