Closed Thread
Page 79 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

Friday evening and just got our update from CFC... we are heading over 5 April!! We had hoped for Easter but our donor will be away for the easter break. Fingers crossed we can get our holidays changed by a week.... nothing is simple!

To the lady that did the stats - thank you so much for doing that.
    Twowhites it looks like we might just cross paths at the airport! Keep us posted on your time in SA.

Enjoy the weekend everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Makeba...That is not far off!! Where are you staying? I am trying to work out logistics for July when we go over. Now for you it is not long. Hope it makes your dreams come true. Sunny did that stats..they were awesome and really encouraging.

Twowhites...That's great that you are not far off travelling too. Wishing you all the best over there too.You should try and catch up with Makeba.

Donna

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DJSHEARS For This Useful Post:

Twowhites  (09-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies,

good luck for those heading over soon! And for the lady that did the stats!!!!! Thank you sooooo much

I have a question for those that have been or going soon. If you have chosen a donor from J'berg, did you choose a clinic in J'berg or pay the donor to travel to Cape Town? If your donor travelled, did it cost much??

thanks ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, so much happening!

Makeba - what a pity we'll cross paths at the airport - I fly out on the 5th! I was really hoping to find a cycle buddy as I'll be there on my own for 6 nights! Good luck to you...

Amandamoo - we purposefully chose our donor who lives near Cape Town as flying her in from Jo'berg etc seemed to add around $2K to the cost and fortunately we found several seemingly ideal donors in and around Cape Town. We went with Sunshine.

Donna - thanks for the well wishes! Looking forward to hearing your news.

MissLeo & Summershine - thanks for your thoughts re the progesterone. I'm thinking the same, do the PIO for the first two weeks then switch to Crinone or pessaries. I've used both before and each have their benefits/drawbacks but was hoping that because my DH can only be with me in CT for 4 days that avoiding the intramuscular injection would make life easier. Not sure you can give yourself PIO...?! Shall be interesting!

Does anyone know if you can buy Crinone 8% in CT and if so how much it costs? Here the best price I can find is $175 for 15 (1 week!). How does that compare with PIO you buy in CT?

Getting very excited, start Lucrin tomorrow and on that plane in 2 weeks...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Twowhites For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (09-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Twowhites. CFC will give you a medical pack the day you go for your scan. It contains needles, syringes, 35 x Gestone and a Clexane injection for the way home (I assume everyone gets one of these, it wasn't just me..). Just looking at my receipt and they charged me 1,315 Rand for it all.

You can give yourself the Gestone injection in your thigh - there are plenty of youtube tutorials about doing it yourself and the clinic will also show you how.

I may have been given less Gestone than others as my FS here was in contact with CFC and everyone was aware I would be moving to pessaries...so 35 days seems to be the minimum they want you on them. If you aren't going to do the Gestone for any length of time I suggest you discuss this with CFC well in advance. As much as giving yourself the shots might be a pain you don't want to leave anything to chance if you are going to all the trouble of travelling there in the first place.

My FS here has been absolutely fanatical about the medication and has told me several times it is absolutely essential to maintaining the pregnancy so I would be going with whatever CFC say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Twowhites - we were meant to be in Cape Town at Easter, however our donor will be away for Easter so it has to be arrival in Cape Town on the 5 April. Bit disappointed as was hoping to have a cycle buddy as well, DH is great but not sure if he fully understands the emotional roller-coaster sometimes.

My first scan is on the 5 April... I get my treatment plan on Monday thinking I will be on Lucrin as well. Have you decided to do Lucrin instead of Synarel for any reason? I think I will do Lucrin as a previous cycle of IVF and Synarel was a disarster for me!

Where are you staying?

Missleo its great that your FS here is so across your treatment plan. My FS was happy to charge $$ for writing up scripts etc but not sure how involved she will be. Good for you!!

Bye for now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Makeba

My FS has coordinated meds, scripts and scans, tests and a lot of the initial clinic corro for us. Believe me we paid for this service!! But they have quite a strong relationship with CFC and have done this with them many many times before...I basically just handed the whole thing over to the experts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MissLeo - thanks for that, yes I agree we go to this much effort we may as well follow doctors orders! I'll do the PIO as he suggests which is until a pregnancy is established then move to Crinone or pessaries. The pessaries are so much less messy!

Good to know they arrange it all at CFC.

Makeba - such close timing and yes such a pity. I'm staying at Villa Zest a little boutique hotel in Green Point that was recommended to me. I'll have to work remotely so I wanted somewhere small and nice as I won't be going too far afield until my DH arrives and we head out to wine country for Easter!

I decided to do the daily Lucrin as I'm not big on nasal sprays which tend to make me sneeze and I'd be worried about getting the right dose. I also asked my FS and he prefers Lucrin daily over the depot or Syranel as the dose can be more exact. I found a pharmacy who supplied it for $300 which was way cheaper than anywhere else I tried in Australia. Thankfully my GP is on board with prescribing whatever CFC tell me I need!

Can anyone tell me how they went about arranging same day blood tests for their 9dp5dt beta in Sydney - does Douglas Hanly Moir provide this service? Also being used to our Fertility clinic arranging this all - who ordered your 6 week scan and where did you have that done?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Twowhites. I didn't trek over to my FS for my first 2 blood tests, they just sent me the requests and put on the bottom the results were to be faxed to them same day - I then just went to my local pathology. I'm sure your doctor could also do this if you don't have a current FS. As long as you have your bloods before 10.30am Douglas Hanly Moir seem to have the results faxed by about 3pm.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Missleo For This Useful Post:

Twowhites  (09-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Miss Leo, really interesting I wasn't given the Clexane injection. Is that to avoid blood clotting?

Twowhite - My GP gave me a referral for a blood test and I went to the local pathology clinic. I had two blood tests a couple of days apart to ensure the HCG was rising, then my GP referred me to an Ob and he did my first scan.

For any Perth ladies, I didn't use them but Hollywood have a good relationship with CFC and will co-ordinate medications etc for a fee. I think it is about $300.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SummerShine For This Useful Post:

Twowhites  (09-03-2013)