Closed Thread
Page 78 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Miss leo I think there could be more than one in your tummy!
    maybe one of each!!!

Jennilee - thinkin of you

So morning sickness has kicked in this week 6w 2d - ginger beer and dry biscuits are what has been recommened ..... never thought id be happy to be sick

Pixel - hope you have a great trip and all goes well for you.

WJ - enjoy your cuddles

nicole

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Nicole72 and MissLeo - Ive been watching your stories evolve and am so excited for you both!

Could I ask if either of you are using Projesterone in Oil or doing it the good 'ol Aussie way with Crinone or Pessaries? I know CFC prefer POI but my FS here prefers Crinone (and to be honest so do i!) any thoughts from those tried and tested?

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Missleo - Oh that is such fantastic news that it's 904 and NOT 94!!!!! Totally brilliant high levels!! I'm betting there is 2 in there for sure!!

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I have my treatment plan for my FET (2nd attempt in Cape Town). I'm leaving on Wed 17th April, FET on Friday 19th & depart Sat 20th!!

I'm very fortunate to be staying with some of my Dad's friends that live about 20 minutes from CFC. I'll be chauffeured around my appointments & being collected & dropped off at the airport. I'm extremely grateful of this, so very lucky!!

This will be my final attempt so hopefully it'll be successful otherwise we'll be getting a dog and planning a cruise trip at the end of the year. We would dearly love to be able to provide DS - (3 yrs old) with a sibling but if not we are soooo blessed just to have HIM!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Twowhites - I have about another 10 days of Gestone injections before my local FS (who sends a lot of patients to CFC...) moves me over to the pessaries. I have been incredibly lucky and I don't have any of the 'lumps' the other ladies talk about, though at one stage I did cry on the plane on the way home because my bum is so tender the seat was killing me (and I was probably a bit over tired as well!) - DH padded the seat our for me with 2 blankets and I finally got some sleep. I've heard both good and bad things about the pessaries so not sure what to expect.

Oh Helenmac I am so happy for you. I've been following your journey for a long time and I am glad you now finally have a date. I'm sure this will be your time.

AFM - afternoon sickness started today and I'm only 5 weeks tomorrow...starting to think 2 might not be so far fetched. An IVF nurse friend mentioned something about these kind of numbers and triplets

Thanks
    Reviews
    Twowhites if you have a luteal phase defect stick with the PIO or Crinone. Either of those two is absorbed better than pessaries. If you do not have any probs with producing progesterone and have used pessaries before with no probls then it should fine to switch to pessaries.

Ok helenmac I have everything crossed for you. This is it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pixel – good luck…will be thinking of you.

Summershine – You have some handy tips re: PIO. Thanks.

Missleo – that’s a very healthy number….I would be very surprised if you have just one in there!

Helenmac – I will be sending you lots of well wishes….yours has been a long journey since your first trip to SA….you have had to endure a lot. I wish you all the best of luck.

DJ – How are you after your disappointing day today?

Twowhites – 3 weeks is going to fly by….before you know it, you will be on that plane!

Nicole – I had a chuckle at your comment re: happy with morning sickness….I hear ya….us IVFers are a funny rare breed.

January – The stats blew me away...I was simply amazed. I am also impressed with the level of service from donor agency and clinic…Aust has a lot to learn!!! I will be in CT in mid July if all goes to plan….I still have a small part of me that thinks something is going to go wrong, like our donor pulls out, or something…it all seems too good to be true at the moment!!!

Girandosol – wow, you are also very close on heading over….good luck.

BB4Me, Cartiaand Crystal – Hi…how are you? Where are you upto?

AFM
    Donor selected - tick
    Donor contract signed - tick (well half a tick – DP back home today and waiting for him to sleep off his shift and sign!)
    Clinic Treatment Forms signed - tick
    List of Medications Received - tick
    Check that pharmacy can supply - tick
    Pharmacy providing quote - tick
    Checked that new GP wants and can prescribe all drugs - tick
    Checked that new GP can provide referrals for uss - tick
    New GP provided script for OCP - tick
    Visit travel doctor, check what vaccinations needed for South Africa - tick (thankfully I dont need any, as I had a whole heap of them about 8 and 9 years ago. DP not so lucky, he has to get some).
    The ball is well and truly rolling now.

Last edited by Sunny15; 07-03-2013 at 22:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, ladies,
    fantastic numbers Missleo!
    Nicole and Missleo that's great that you have got morning sickness, Lol. I remember having it with my daughter, she's now 7 but I still remember! It's a great sign!
    Thanks Sunny15, I enjoyed your post, you are a lot more organized then me.
    AFM, I'm waiting to hear back from Cyndi at CFC! Always waiting!! Can you tell me when I'm meant to pay the deposit to CFC? I've sent my treatment request form, should I pay deposit now?
    Thanks ladies,
    Cartia x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sunny...Feeling better!!! The Hyprex is kicking in so the feeling of that good old UTi is not quite as prevalent. Still, it needs to be sorted. I am so glad you posted your check list...it is good for me! You are more organised than me right now but we are getting there. I got a reply from Cyndi at CFC and she said they are unable to give me egg numbers etc re my donors previous cycles but did say she had more than ample and plenty of lovely blastocytes on all of her 3 donations. Can't believe that I may get the chance to have a blast transfer rather than the good old day 3 that my FS has always insisted on. John has gone for his collection this morning. The pathologist he has to go to obviously only have their patient toilets so I suggested he call into McDonalds!!!!! Junior burger or Big mac!!!! Had to have a laugh as he walked out the door this morning carrying his plastic bag and specimen jar...

WJ: What have you named the boys and how are you all? Thinking of you!

Jennilee: How ya doing? Thinking of you and hoping you are well. When are you having your BT?

Donna x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny15 - we are in limbo, still waiting on confirmation of our donor, been waiting 19 days now.

Don't know if I've missed something but I haven't seen an update from WJ? Did everything go well? Also Jennilee?