Closed Thread
Page 71 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry ladies just a quick post today.

WJ - have been thinking of you and your precious bubbas today. May they have a wonderful, healthy life filled with love, peace, happiness and prosperity. Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratualtions WIlson Joy. Have you stopped straing at the boys yet??
    They are a true miracle and well done for all of your efforts to bring them into the world.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We officially have a donor..... waiting on the paperwork from EDSA. We are headed to CFC in July. Anyone else going then?????
    Donna xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome DJ. I looked again at some last night online through Gift ov life.

I raised ED with my FS today and knew highly of Capetown Clinic which is a good thing.

Bummer realise know that flights are more expens in June now. We may be going June or August.

Thanks
    Reviews
    WJ- Congrats on your boys

I have a few questions ladies, I'm waiting on my cycle to start to have my bloodwork done on day 3, I couldn't get booked for a saline infused ultrasound until March 14th. When I have my results where do I send them? I don't have a doctor in SA I was waiting until I got my testing completed. Did all of you have a saline infused ultrasound or just a regular pelvic untrasound?

I also wondered if I could get info about the donors in previous cycles, but I think someone already said to contact the clinic and they will have the info. Last question How far in advance does all this need to be completed?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Crystal, we picked a Dr and a clinic before selecting a donor and had all the tests done however, being novices with ED, we didn't realise how long it would take to find a donor. We thought it would be quick ie within two months as the Dr had said once the donor was picked it happened quickly. The reality has been it has taken much longer as the donors are snapped up quickly and we want a proven donor hence they already have cycles booked so our February timeframe has blown out to August, and if it goes any longer than that we will have to repeat all of the testing as it has to be done within 12 months of the treatment.

WJ - hope everything went well with your boys, I've been checking in to see how you went so hope no news is good news.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal

We are thinking of using gift of life and they have sent me a couple of profiles to show examples of no of eggs collected on previous cycles. Saying that being a proven donor isnt that important to us, it is more about the age etc as the agency has advised pre testing will advise if there are any issues.

All the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    hope you are all having a great day.
    Donna that's great you've decided on a donor, I've narrowed it down to about 3. I would like to go May but it might be closer to June/July! Depending on when I finally decide on the donor.
    Midnite, do they let you know how likely the donor will respond on the pre test? I suppose every cycle is different, just like when I was doing IVF.
    Also I've noticed the agencies mention that if you send a photo of yourself they will help you look for a suitable donor, anyone have any thoughts on this?

Cartia

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the information I didn't realize it would take that long to potentially find a donor I can't do much until DH finds out if he's got the time off for sure though.

Midnite- I was thinking I may contact the agencies again and let them know when I think I'm coming and maybe gets things started that way, some of them have asked for my photo so I can send that and get it started. here I thought a DE cycle would be stress free

Thanks for the info ladies!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Crystal
    Thinking of you and this wonderful opport on your ED journey. We were lky to find a lovely ED here in Oz 3 yrs ago. There is a lot more to consider when you go overseas. It is worth all the effort.... its exciting, and it can be daunting at the same time. So many mixed emotions. Keep thinking positive and the end game which is your baby. I have also heard good things about CFC in SA and Global Inter for EDs. Wish you good luck and

Yogababe