Closed Thread
Page 7 of 107 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone!

Well we also have just arrived home from Capetown with 2 lil embryos and I get my first blood test tomorrow.. very exciting and nerve racking. We got 5 eggs, then 3 embryos but the 3rd wasnt very good quality so unfortunately we have no reserves!! Capetown was great, We went to Dr Heylen who was very good, it was very stress free, everything was very organised and very professional!! We are so glad we went down this road even if its not successful.. but im being positive and hoping both the lil embies make it! Thanks everyone for this thread, it reminds me that im not alone, and its great hearing all your stories! x

mostly in Perth but sometimes away with the fairies
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by staceyma View Post
    Hi Everyone!

Well we also have just arrived home from Capetown with 2 lil embryos and I get my first blood test tomorrow.. very exciting and nerve racking. We got 5 eggs, then 3 embryos but the 3rd wasnt very good quality so unfortunately we have no reserves!! Capetown was great, We went to Dr Heylen who was very good, it was very stress free, everything was very organised and very professional!! We are so glad we went down this road even if its not successful.. but im being positive and hoping both the lil embies make it! Thanks everyone for this thread, it reminds me that im not alone, and its great hearing all your stories! x
    OOH how exciting Stacey! Good luck with your blood test. Try not to be too nervous. Aren't Dr Heylen and Heidi lovely? I can not speak highly enough of them - they made me feel so relaxed. Let us know how you go. I have everything crossed for you! So exciting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Staceyma, I logged on specifically to PM you and Pearl to see how you both went and voila here you are. I tried to PM you but it just hung so you may have 3 messages from me you may have none LOL. Im sending you sticky vibes and positive energy and its a real bonus that you enjoyed your trip to SA, the more positive you are the better. Good luck tomorrow, somehow I have a feeling you wont need it

I know it takes a lot of heart searching to go down this path but I couldn't agree more, its worth it in the end.

Starfish, good luck with your FET. Fingers crossed for you xxx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JodiW For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (03-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Staceyma, the suspense is killing me....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Theresa68- what a terrific result at CFC!  Sounds like a dream cycle. Many congrats on your success. I'm so very happy for you. 

Helenmac- I'm sorry about the embryo that did not survive.  I'm not sure about your nk cells q but I can tell you the whole process didn't take too long.  We picked and paid for a donor in Oct. She was ready to go immediately and started injecting in Nov.  I arrived on the 28th, which was Day 11 of her cycle. EPU was three days after, followed by the transfer Dec 5th.  I could have left CT after one week really, though they recommend staying two  in case the donor needs to cycle a bit longer. But from start to finish it was about 2 months.  

As for BT's, I scanned my entire IVF file and emailed all the info I had beforehand and they accepted my recent tests.  The doctor in SA said it was ok to miss the first lining ultrasound since I was on a high dose of meds and my uterus had responded properly before.  I had my first and only scan the day I arrived in CT. I don't recommend this because all things considered, my lining wasn't as thick as expected. It was ok, but was expected to be thicker. Had I had an earlier scan the dose could have been adjusted to make it extra fluffy. I think requesting it from your GP is a good idea.   Best of luck in what you decide.  A zen friend of mine says if you sit quietly enough and really listen you will know your answer

Staceyma- I'm praying for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    BFN .. thanku for ur support ladies, it means alot xooo

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a great thread.
    Our 7mo CFC success story is sound asleep in her cot, sometimes it is hard to remember the struggles and hardship we went through to get her. She is such a joy and we don't remember life without her. It was worth all the money, all the sleepless nights wondering if it would work and the relentless soul searching about our decision.

One thing I wanted to mention was that we were told to get the Leuproreline Depo one shot injection but were given a course that I had to take for the first part of the cycle. So I had to take syringes and the vial to SA. The airlines etc were very relaxed about this so it wasn't a big deal to anyone but me.

When I was talking to our FS he said that synarel would have been preferable but as they do not get it is SA they do not prescribe it. I have checked and will use synarel on our FET transfer for next year. Just something you might want to discuss as it makes the travelling a bit easier.

Good luck everyone with your journey

p.s. don't forget to visit Franschoek...Le Petit Ferme is a great restaurant for lunch!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear that Stacey. My thoughts are with you - it just doesnt seem fair.

Thanks chascabear - we feel truly blessed.

Excellent to hear smika - we havent decided on whether to go for another baby or not after this one...my age is a big factor!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

what a great thread. Thank you to Jodiew for starting it. After several unsuccessful attempts at IVF using my own eggs, my husband and I have decided to go the ED route in South Africa. Seeing all the BFPs gives me so much hope. I have a question regarding the payment to Cape Fertility. How did you girls make the payment, and when? I understand that you have to pay the donor as soon as you book her, but how soon do you have to pay the clinic?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by deb11 View Post
    Hi everyone,

what a great thread. Thank you to Jodiew for starting it. After several unsuccessful attempts at IVF using my own eggs, my husband and I have decided to go the ED route in South Africa. Seeing all the BFPs gives me so much hope. I have a question regarding the payment to Cape Fertility. How did you girls make the payment, and when? I understand that you have to pay the donor as soon as you book her, but how soon do you have to pay the clinic?
    Hi Deb11,
    That is great news. Regarding payment - we had to pay a deposit of around 3/4 of the medical cost before the donor first appointment. We then paid the balance (the 1/4 left) at our first appointment. Payment can be done by bank transfer or credit card. We also paid for our embryo storage for 2 years which is another cost that you may not think about - depending on egg quality etc. It is not a cheap process but if it if your only option (like it was for us) then it is well worth it. Let us know how you go and good luck!