Closed Thread
Page 66 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    South Africa is an amazing place. It is so beautiful and DH and I are enjoying our holiday...
    things have gone from bad to the pits for us
    i don't know how, but our donor only had 4 eggs retrieved. From these 3 fertilized.
    Today we had to have a day 3 transfer and the quality was rubbish
    2 were very fragmented and 1 was 8 cell and even then it was not high quality
    so here I am feeling very low...I can't believe it. My lining was 11mm and tri layered- to this
    in the end we didn't even have our Dr do the transfer, not that that worried me at all.
    So unfortunately the numbers game is the same as Australia...it is a big gamble on how your donor goes as well as everything else!
    The clinic are nice, but I had no pre transfer prep talk or anything. There is an egg bank & it would have been great if Dr W had thought about this for us earlier...too late now.
    Sorry to rain on the parade, but sometimes it just doesn't turn out as we hope it to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Jenilee - Oh Hun, I don't know what to say, other than I am so sorry. I can imagine that you an DH are both worried and gutted. How disappointing for you and it is a shame that you couldn't put the egg bank contingency into play. It is an unfortunate experience that a wonderful woman I met before I went over shares with you. In her instance it happened with the Joburg clinic we used.

Did your donor have a proven history? And if you don't mind me asking, how old was she and had she had an AMH?

I think we can all safely say that we would all be expecting a greater harvest than 4 eggs.

Here is crossing everything that at least one of your day 3 embies stick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jennilee,

I know it is not the best result as we all want the perfect blasts and some to spare just in case but it's not over yet!!! Stranger things have happened

Thinking of you

January

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jennilee - My heart goes out to you. It only takes one to turn into a positive. I have seen ladies on Bubhub who only got 2 or 3 eggs and then got a positive. I really feel for your situation I will have everything crossed and send sticky vibes your way.

Abundance - I did not have any scans in Australia before I went. We chose Nurture and I would recommend them. The ladies are very supportive and emailed me while I was in Cape Town to tell me how my donor was doing and they also checked up on me after I got back to Australia. My donor was 22 and unproven. We went to CFC and my Dr was excellent. I had additional problems which meant I had to have a special kind of transfer under anaesthetic. I don't think they would have been able to do it in Aust to be honest. I was very lucky to get pregnant first time.

Laned - I'm still too nervous to get excited but I have started setting up the babies room. I was very overcome with emotion. I feel the same as you, even though I have swollen hands, a big big tummy, and sore feet I wouldn't swap it for anything. It has been an amazing experience that I am so grateful for.

xx
    SS

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jennilee,

I have tears in my eyes and a hugh lump in my throat - I am so sorry your donors cycle has produced low numbers.

I really dont know what to say, we have all felt the pain and know that words just cant cut it sometimes...

On a positive note.... I have had doctors say that sometimes the worst egg can make the most beauiful babies...so sending LOTS of babydust and sticky vibes.

Nicole

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jennilee,

im so sorry. You must be so disappointed. Please try to be hopeful as all the other girls have said it can still happen so fingers crossed for you. I would suggest you both speak to the doctor before you leave as I'm sure he will give you some piece of mind as they would not transfer if there was no hope.

when your feeling up to it I would be interested in knowing your donor agency, IVF clinic and doctor. Also had your donor donated previously and how old was she? Unfortunately it is a gamble as I too had a 27 year old donor in Australia who only produced 2 eggs of low quality. She has since had a baby naturally when after donating they told her she would need IVF so miracles can happen. Stay positive and know my thoughts are with you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Summershine, thanks for the information. Can I ask how old your donor was. As I have had a 27 year old donor before I feel that I need a young and proven donor. Can I also ask which IVF clinic you went to and which doctor you used. We are currently trying to decide. I've noticed lots of donors smoke too. Appreciate any information you can share. I hope you have some frozens and best of luck with the birth. Also did you transfer 2 embies? I'm struggling with whether to do two as I lost a twin pregnancy before at 20 and 22 weeks. Do the doctors provide advice on this? Confused

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ianed, thank you for sharing your story. Which donor agency did you use and would you recommend them? Can anyone recommend their agencies as its difficult to choose. Do you focus on finding the most suitable donor or do you choose your agency first? Would you choose a proven donor under 30 for the best chance? I know not everyone gets a good result so its hard to choose

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jennilee - I am so sorry to hear your news, I know the same heartache with my own ivf cycles and I can only imagined this magnified by the increased hope we have with our donors. Thank you for sharing your news. I know it's hard to hold hope but I have many stories of "poor" embryos becoming babies in arms.
    Be kind to yourself and DH

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies I have been following this thread for a little while now. I am a Canadian living overseas who is going to Cape Town in April 2013 for an egg donation cycle too. We have egg donation programs in Canada but they only accept you until a certain age and you have to find your own eggs So as I always say to my DH , let's go to Plan B.
    I have been working with Nurture and Cape Fertility Clinic. I liked both, it is a business but they are open and friendly to deal with. It is less expensive than US but you have to consider their currency and the overall stays expenses. I guess after 2 uninsured IVF cycles it still bites.
    We chose an unproven donor -she is a 24 year old uni student and of a practical nature. She looked a bit like my sister when she was little too. Hopefully she will respond well.
    I enjoy following your progress and posts. It gives me a major boost to hear you are getting BFP's with your cycles. I know we look at an unsuccessful cycle and think what could I have done different, what can I take or do or not do,but it really is just the here and now. I have read hundreds of posts on other blogs sites and some think it is the DHEA, acupuncture or reduced caffiene et,.... But overall it just seems to be luck + to you all
    Last edited by briarrose; 24-02-2013 at 19:43.