Closed Thread
Page 64 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Nicole,
    Wow! Congratulations and fantastic blood test numbers too! Im betting its twins...
    My first bloods were over 500 for twins, but there are many women over 200 who end up with a twin pregnancy.

Update from me...
    Still hangin in there, one week from meeting the boys! feeling ok, but indigestion is still a problem, and these lads must be sucking me dry, because I havent put on any weight for 6 weeks or more...my usually muscular arms are a shadow of their former selves! Although hard to scan this week, one is 2.5 kg and the other is 3.1kg (this lad was very hard to get accurate measurements so he may be closer in size to the other baby in reality).
    Last appointment with ob on tuesday and c section booked for thursday...wooohoooo!! hope you are all well, WJ.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wilson joy For This Useful Post:

laned  (21-02-2013),Pixel  (21-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jodi, Congratulations. I am currently considering South Africa and would love to find out all I can about the clinic anbd Doctor you used, how you managed things locally, medications, etc. I hope to hear from you and hope all goes well with your pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi to all the ladies here,
    I'm also new here but have been checking in now and then to see how everyone is going. My FS has suggested DE after 2 IVF Bfn, and 2 chemical pregnancies. I'm currently in the 2ww of an IUI cycle but as I keep getting told from the doctors I've only got 5% success rate. I thought the USA was the only place for DE so I'm very thankful to have found this site. Anyway thanks for all your stories and info and I look forward to sharing my journey as well.
    Lots of babydust to you all
    Cartia

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nicole - I am absolutely over the moon for you. Your news has made me quite emotional tonight. Go team SA I say.

Misleo and Jenilee - let's keep this BFP ball rolling. Hope you are both having a fab time.

To the new posters, Abundance and Cartia - a warm welcome to you.

Cartia - likewise after my final IVF failure I was told I only had a 5% chance with IVF. that really was the cruncher for me.

Wilson - how exciting for you. Man of man, you will soon meet your beautiful little men.

AFM - had first antenatal class last night and DH had to introduce me and talk about our pregnancy. He went first and set the bar high. Getting the date spot on and telling everyone about our fertility journey and ultimate SA donor program. The physio leading the group had never heard of people going to SA. There were only 8 couples and you wouldn't believe but another couple said 'we did what they did and went to Sth Africa for an egg donor'. The class was blown away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies and welcome to the new posters - it's amazing to see this thread growing so quickly with brave women who are hoping to make the journey to SA.

Well this morning was transfer day and all went smoothly. For the benefit of some of the new girls here is what the cycle looked like from start to finish -
    20 retrieved (this is actually what CFC classify as over stimulated and they prefer a number no higher than 15..), 19 injected (ICSI), 16 fertilised overnight, on day 3 we had 8x8 cell and 8x6, by day 5 we ended up with 5 apparently 'textbook' blasts. We put 2 in and now have 3 in the freezer.

Of course there is always something to worry about and the 'dream' result of course has me panicing that it's too good to be true! I think with what we have all been through it's hard to imagine getting positive news. I am resting up in a gorgeous apartment overlooking False Bay for a couple of days to let the little buggers settle in.

Did any of you have mild cramping or tightness this early? I have read it could be a side effect of the Gestone...I think it's definitely too early for the good kinda cramping but it is noticeable and a little strange. Of course there goes panic mode haha.

It's been really awesome to spend some time shopping and hanging out with Jennilee and her hubby. It's so nice to hear more about their story and even better to have someone else to share the journey with while we have been here...and we have had some great laughs!! My SA story is more special with them in it.

WJ - I am so excited for you. Yours was one of the journey's that I started to follow before I made the leap to posting and I can't believe your time is almost here. All the best for the safe arrival of your very special boys.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Missleo For This Useful Post:

emski72  (22-02-2013)

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I've finally got my desktop computer all set up so I can be back online more often!! Just wanted to say a huge congratulations to Nicole

and Missleo you are next

Laned - What a spin out at the antenatal classes that another couple went to SA!! What are the chances??! Hope you are going well.

Wilson Joy - Not long for you now!! So exciting!! I will be thinking of you next Thursday. WOW your life is going to change BIG time!! So wonderful!

AFM: I'm on my immune protocol and having some overseas blood testing to check my levels. If all normal then I can proceed with a date to go back to Cape Town for my final FET. So looking forward to planning. Fingers crossed my levels will be ok though, I'm so nervous!!

Hi to all the other ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sydney coordination

Congratulations Nicole that is amazing news. I read your entire journey and I'm closely following the others. It is so inspiring hearing all your success stories. I have made an appointment to see egg donors Australia who assist with coordination in Australia. From reading the posts I wondered if you need a coordinator here or is it easy enough to Di yourself. I am an IVF veteran so have no trouble with the drug protocols and have a very supportive GP. Can anyone advise if you need a coordinator or not needed.

Fingers crossed for all of you over there and others on the journey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to confirm we are considering SA just wondering if I need a coordinator in Australia

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    thanks for the welcome Ianed and Missleo. Also congratulations to Nicole for your bfp and Missleo that is fantastic news!
    I know this might be a silly question but because I've changed FS how do I go about getting my medical records and tests from the other FS? Do I need to put it in writing and then take it into the clinic? I'm pretty sure I've got what I need from my new FS but I'd still like my old test results.
    Thanks ladies,
    Cartia

Thanks
    Reviews
    Misleo - wow you must be stoked with the frosties. As for cramping and grumblings. I really didn't have many signs or symptoms. That said, such is common with implantation and as you said the progesterone can also have that affect. It is so lovely that you have been able to share the experience with Jennilee.

Helenmac - great to hear from you Hun. I am so excited that things seem back on track for you. X

Abundance - welcome. Hope you have a successful journey. As for a coordinator, I did not have one, but had my IVF FS give me a hand with scripts and scans etc. like you I am an IVF veteran, so really didn't need one.

Cartia - not a silly question at all Hun. You can call up your old FS and request the records. They will however most likely request for you to make your request in writing. If you feel uncomfortable, you can ask your current FS to request them. Some clinics may charge an admin fee for photocopying, whilst others are happy to do it without charge.