Closed Thread
Page 61 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello all,

laned .... thanks we are feeling a bit more confident now - as you know no plan b just feels like the end sometimes
    thanks to miss Leo and jennilee also for your positive thoughts.

Stormie - words just aren't enough when it comes to what you donors give us - I agree with what laned said you'll make an amazing mother.

well we fly out tomorrow and so far am unsure if its worked have had mild cramps but nothing major - did you previous ladies have any indication????

We're off to the V&A for a nice lunch.

too scared to POAS

Nicole

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nicole 72 - No indication it was a positive at all. I always thought I would know - but I didn't. When I went to get the referral for my HCG test I was convinced it was a negative. My Dr discussed possible adoption options. I decided to do a HPT before the blood test so I was prepared for a negative result. Did the test, stupid control line came up immediately (as I've seen a million times before) hang on... not control line pregnancy line - double line. Many, many tears. It wasn't until the next day that I experienced severe cramping and knew something was going on. The Dr called and confirmed I was pregnant.

xx Much luck to you
    Last edited by SummerShine; 14-02-2013 at 19:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nicole - I had no signs at all. For one of the first times I didn't POAS either. I don't know why I didn't. I didn't for my last crack at IVF either. From what you have described it could well be implantation symptoms. When do you have a BT. thinking of you both.

Misleo - wishing you the very best. We too hired a car and it was great. After being on the red bus for a couple of days we got orientated to the city and surrounds quickly. We did have one moment initially where we were a bit disorientated so we followed the bus

Jennilee - wooooohoooo not long to go now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Girls,

Just wondering if anyone has used the Sunshine agency?????

Donna

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Donna

We almost went with Sunshine, Ricki was probably the most helpful from all the agencies we were considering (in the end we went with EDSA just because of where the chosen donor was...). I checked them out as much as I could and spoke to CFC - they apparently have a great track record and are on CFCs preferred list of agencies. If I have to come back I will probably use them I was that impressed with how lovely and helpful they were.

Not long now Jennilee - best of luck for the last minute preparations. The sun is shining and there's magic in the air so I'm sure once you get here you will finally be able to relax a little. I have PM'd you my local number. We couldn't find our spare mobile when we left so ended up buying one here at the airport for about A$60 including credit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Missleo,

Thanks so much for that. I am looking forward to June. Hope all goes well for you over there...by the sounds of it lots of magic happens over there. Keep us posted with updates of your trip.

We are in two minds about wether or night to take our 8 year old daughter with us when we go so feedback from those that have done the trip would be great!

Donna x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Misleo - have been thinking of you and glad that all is going well. Look forward to hearing how the process goes.

Donna - after so many years of trying this will be bub number 1 for us, so I cannot personally comment. That said, a wonderful woman I met with before I decided to go down the ED route had previously gone for ED and they had taken their 6 year old to Joburg, Pilanesburg and Cape Town. A beauty therapist I see had also travelled Safaland with her husband and family. They drove two vehicles from Joburg to Cape Town and they had their 18 month old. Whilst I was always on guard whilst there, I found Cape Town remarkably different from Joburg. So if you were gong to Cape Town I think all would be fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies...

Missleo I have PM'd you- hope it worked...I will check later
    Sending big clouds of baby dust to you and Nicole XX

We fly out in 8 hours and we are still packing usual for us- crazy lives!

My lining was T11 on Thursday (1.09cm) so I am very happy about that...
    I asked Dr Wiswedel at CFC how our donor was going, but got no reply so now I am wondering if everything is on track Worry wort I am.

I will be in touch and try & add little tips for future CT trippers!

Ciao and enjoy your weekend. I will wave from above Australia tonight!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi to all

Arrived home today - wow the flight home is not as exciting as the flight there it felt like it took forever business class looked bloody good on my way through it

It was so great to see our puppy Shadow - We have an alaskan Malamute who is 14 months old.... The big smile on his face when i opened the sliding door made my heart melt.

Jennilee and Miss leo hope all is on track for you two - I have everything crossed for you both.

Laned and Summershine - HUGH thanks, its success stories like yours that give us hope

Well BT is bked for wednesday 20th Im due back to work on the thursday so not sure If I'll POAS wednesday morning or not......

Any newbies looking at going, CFC gave me a list of recommened accommodation places with maps s we were able to work out how close it was, they also suggest areas that are good to stay in.

We had an amazing holiday and have brought back some fantastc memories not matter the outcome.

Stay tuned fo results Thursday

Sending lots of babydust to Jennilee and Miss leo

Nicole

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Nicole,

I have been following the last stages of your journey since I joined the forum. Hope you get the best news ever!!! We are also going through CFC and plan to travel in June at this stage and all things falling into place!

I am still waiting on donor confirmation. I have sent my medical info over and have to send some more results this week and the following week. We have been looking at places to stay on the net but we haven't gone through all of the CFC recommended stuff yet. I was planning on printing it all out but I can't find the power cord to the printer!!!! (maybe I put it away in some cleaning frenzy).
    Anyway, I will have a look for it today and tomorrow.

How did the whole co-ordination of agency and clinic go? I have found a few donors that we have short-listed and one in particular that is with Sunshine and the other 2 are with EDSA.

From my last 2 transfers, I would POAS constantly, even after I got the BFP, just to remind myself that it is still there and it is real....but sadly had a m/c at 12 weeks and a blighted ovum. When I tested on our 3rd transfer, it was only to confirm BFN as I felt it didn't take. So, we have our hearts sent on getting to CFC. Kind of feels right!!

Donna