Closed Thread
Page 60 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Good day Ladies

I am also a newbie to this Site, and also South African. i was previously a donor so hope that i am not interfering as this is not really a site for donors

I actually came across this forum accidentallly and let me tell you, you ladies are truly inspiring and all so strong. Hubby and I (Newlyweds) are also trying.

Cape Town is a beautiful City, if you have any questions about where to go (or not go) please let me know.

I wish all you ladies a wonderful and blessed journey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    SVD - you go girl. What wonderful news. Thank you so much for sharing. May you have a healthy and happy pregnancy. Wow twins that is awesome.

Nicole - I have every confidence that this will work for you. We too have run with a safari themed nursery. My husband purchased so many plush safari toys whilst in SA that we had to buy another bag to bring them home. Can't wait to read your good news.

Stormie - I am sure I can speak for all others here and say that generous and amazing women such as yourself have given couples like DH and I the privilege of parenthood. I wish you and your DH the very best in creating a family. With your values and spirit you are sure to make a beautiful mother. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've written two posts and lost them both - poo !

welcome newbies

sad news today - no frosties from this cycle...... It's hard to believe we went from 11 fertilised to only being able to do this once ...... It works

Take care

ps hope Miss leo arrived safety x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone! I just popped in to see how Nicole was going and wish Jennilee luck on the flight (OMG it's murderous!) and BOOM some amazing news from SVD. Twins WHOOOO!! Congratulations, it's very exciting.

Sitting here overlooking the skyline and water tonight after coming back from an amazing safari at Sambona. First clinic appointment is tomorrow and I'm feeling OK. Poor DH not holding up as well...I think reality has finally hit him and he's a little stressed. Hopefully after tomorrow when it all makes more sense he will go back to being in holiday mode.

Nicole good luck with everything. You only need one good one when it comes down to it and I'm sending you lots of sticky vibes. We are fairly close to the stadium, I think technically the suburb is Green Park but down the other end of our street is V&A Waterfront. Where did you stay? We will spend our last week somewhere else but haven't worked out where yet. Open to suggestions ladies!

Counting down the days now Jennilee - hope your preparations are going well, see you soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nicole - don't loose hope Hun. On day 5 we only had 3 embryos, with 2 tf the scientists advised the 3rd was not good enough to be frozen, so likewise we had nothing to freeze and I was devastated. That said, as you know I am now 27.5 weeks pregnant with a singleton and couldn't be happier. I truly k ow how you are feeling right now, but don't loose hope. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

Just wondering where is a good place to stay near CFC? We are heading over in June and have a donor through Sunshine. We just want something basic but safe and convenient.

Also, any advice re place to visit would be great.

It's so great to hear of the wonderful success stories. So happy for you all and hopefully after 3 years of ivf here that 2013 in SA will be our year.
    DJxx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DJSHEARS For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (25-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nicole Sending you much baby dust and good vibes. You have given me hope and it has been wonderful to know your journey so far.

Missleo. How are things going? I'm sending lots & lots of good luck wishes and also Saffaland Magic

SVD wow!! Congratulations!! So happy for you both. Your great news has made us all keep our spirits & hopes up Make sure you take it easy and try & relax

Stormie We are all indebted to you wonderful ladies - our Angel donors
    Thank you from me for your very unselfish gifts you have made in the past. Best wishes for your baby journey

AFM. I'm at concept fertility in Perth waiting for my scan. I want to see how my lining is going before we leave on Saturday. Bit nervous

Happy Valentines Day ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We stayed at the Protea Hotel groups 'Fire and Ice' hotel on Newchurch street. Very hip and trendy...clean and great staff. It has magnificent views of Table Mountain and is walking distance to Long street and Kloof street which has some awesome restaurants. Knead is a great place for coffee, breakfasts...etc.There was also a top restaurant around the corner called Ricks Cafe Americain...was based on Casablanca...fab! It is a secure hotel and we felt very safe there. It takes 15-20 minutes to walk right into cape town from there. A taxi from the hotel to the clinic cost 250R and took 20 minutes.

My husband had a bit of a freakout the day we delivered his 'boys' he was a bit concerned over leaving them in a container in a hallway!

Jump on the red bus and zip all over town and definately go down to Cape Point. Next door to the hotel is 'Enroute' a travel booking place. We booked all our day trips with them and they were awesome. Really it was a holiday with 3 doctor appointments. Never in all my IVF life (!!) have I felt less stressed over procedures. They are so calm and professional and really deliver hope! Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Be sure to get an ampoule grip to help you snap the tops and also warm the solution in your hands for a couple of minutes before drawing up. You will all be fine. X[/QUOTE]

This thing was a life saver! When we used the ampules in our other crap Australian cycles, we had smashed bottles, cut fingers...etc! The grip is awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the tips SVD. Picked up the dreaded Gestone yesterday but got a grip and I'm sure we will be fine. Retrieval has now been moved to Saturday but looks like everyone is on track....she is doing exceptionally well apparently.

We had a driver for a few days that our clinic in Sydney hooked us up with so if anyone needs airport pickup, clinic transfers or someone to drive you pretty much anywhere a let me know and I can give you details...the husband and wife team know about the whole procedure, where acupuncture is etc etc so will make sure you get where you need to be on time and with no stress (not expensive..)

We've now hired a car so getting to actually see some of this beautiful place (tip - weighed up the costs of hiring a GPS and it was actually cheaper to go and buy a TomTom...)

Hope your scan goes well Jennilee, they can always increase your meds and you have plenty of time so don't panic. I am actually on track but they have increased them anyway from today. Dr Wiswedel and Cyndi have been amazing and the whole clinic is way better than I have experienced in my IVF life - I have never felt so confident and relaxed about the whole process.