Closed Thread
Page 59 of 107 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow firstly. I am so excited to see this thread booming and all the new courageous and wonderful women about to embark upon a life changing experience. To those of you joining and in the midst of planning much love and best wishes to you all. This is a wonderful supportive forum, with first hand experience of the Saffaland journey.

Makaba - I am so sorry to read of your news. I know the amount of time and emotion invested in choosing a donor. You seem to have a great attitude though so all will be well with your next donor. You are quite right, there must have been a compelling reason.

Misleo - All the planning and now you are there. How very exciting. May you experience the magic. Xx

Nicole - I have been waiting with baited breath as to how you are going. Fantastic fertility rates. A good sign of things to come. Hoping you get some beautiful embies from that bunch. Xx

Pixel - all the best for the donor selection process

WJ - OMG - I bet you can't wait to meet your precious little ones. Can you believe it is that time already.

Bb4me - we purchased a prepaid Vodacom SIM. You can get either the old or new sized SIM. It was not that expensive and you choose how much credit you will need. We used our phone a lot for texts back home and had to recharge once. It is as simple as going into a Vodacom store at the mall and setting it up. They will require a copy of your passport.

RE the POI - I used them for 10 weeks and brought a load of ampoules back to Oz. I agree to get the syringes in SA too, as the solution is quite thick and you will need a sturdy plunger. I won't lie, they are not the most comfortable things to use and you will find even with alternating buttocks that you will experience hard tender lumps that will remain for some time. That said, all of us here have been through the ringer and you are all remarkably strong women. The needles albeit unpleasant are just another step we conquer to get that beautiful gift.

Be sure to get an ampoule grip to help you snap the tops and also warm the solution in your hands for a couple of minutes before drawing up. You will all be fine. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Glitter girl - unfortunately, egg donation in Australia is not as well established as in SA. This is for many reasons. I have been on a local ED register for 3+ years with my Australian clinic and still no offers.

There are other countries, such as America, Greece and Argentina who also have ED programs. That said, in Greece and Argentina and even here if you are successful, you don't get to choose the donors. Furthermore in Greece and Argentina you share the eggs.

So thankfully to the beautiful women in your country, we got to choose a donor who matched both my characteristics and educational background. You also don't have to share the eggs and the process of being able to choose and have some determination in the process, which is very empowering for women who have no other options left due to ovarian failure.

South Africa is a wonderful option, English is a primary language, the conversion rate for currency is great and the cost when compared to Aust IVF and other donor countries is reasonable. The success rates as you will se from this thread are remarkable. Thankfully I am now 27 weeks pregnant due to the generosity of a beautiful SA woman. I hope that explains why we go to your country.
    Last edited by laned; 10-02-2013 at 09:23.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (02-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glitter girl for me I was looking at going to Thailand for ED when I stumbled on this awesome thread created by a wonderful lady JodiW about South Africa for ED it is a wealth of information and if there is something that you wish to know more about these awesome ladies are there. I had looked into the IVF process here and as a single lady where I live there is now a three year wait list for sperm but if I was part of a couple the wait list was shorter, this a friend and I found by ringing around the clinic’s with both options or they wouldn’t do IVF because of age.

I choose not to do ED in Oz after reading some horrible experiences ladies have had on other sites and the stupid rules and regs this nanny country is under. A close friend of mine went through a shattering experience of jumping thru all the hoops that you have to do here and getting a week away from egg pick up and the lady changed her mind and refused to do it.

South Africa has given me the chance to have baby/babies without judgement for being single or my age. I have been in contact with numerous clinics from Johannesburg to Cape Town about their procedures and what they think about international patients plus the agencies Gift Ov Life, Nuture to name a few about what I need to do to start. They have all been fantastic and very, very helpful with any questions I had and when I had to put things on hold while my cherub had surgery and I had to pay for that, they were very understanding and said they will be there when I wish to start again.

The pioneering ladies on this forum all seem to have been treated with a lot of respect and love by the agencies and the clinics that they have chosen and for some when you read the experiences that they have had here in Oz it hasn’t been nice. This is a big decision to make in someone’s life and I would rather travel to a place where I am not judged but treated with respect and like your part of a big family, the plus side is the success that these ladies have had going before me and an awesome holiday in South Africa .

Babywish

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Egg donation in South Africa

Aww nice congratulations. Yea its a lovely but dangerous place. The exchange rate us good too as you said.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Newsletter received by VARTA

VARTA News – February 2013
    VARTA has another busy year ahead in 2013. For the latest news and events relating to assisted reproductive treatment, infertility and fertility, join us on Facebook and Twitter.
    Twilight Seminar: ‘How are you going?’ - Experiences of donor conception
    Hear Dr Vasanti Jadva, Senior Research Associate at the Centre for Family Research, University of Cambridge, talk about the long-term psychological well-being of families created using surrogacy, egg donation and sperm donation at VARTA’s first twilight seminar for 2013.
    Dr Jadva’s presentation, on Monday April 8, 5.30-7.30pm, will discuss findings from a longitudinal study of families created using assisted reproduction, focusing on families created using egg and sperm donation. The children were born around the year 2000 and data was collected at ages one, two, three, seven and 10 years.
    There will also be a panel of donor-conceived people talking about their experiences.
    This promises to be an interesting and thought-provoking evening, so register now at the VARTA website to secure a seat. The seminar will be held at Russell Kennedy, Level 12, 469 La Trobe Street, Melbourne.
    Save the date: Time to Tell seminar: Saturday 18 May, Northcote High School, 9:15am to 3:30pm
    The Time to Tell seminar aims to assist parents talk to their children who were conceived with the help of a donor or surrogate.
    This seminar provides practical tips on how, when and what to communicate so that parents are empowered and children feel enriched by the unique way in which they came into this world. Family, friends and health professionals are also very welcome to attend.
    Donor consultation
    Following the Victorian Government’s interim response to the report of the Inquiry into Access by Donor-Conceived People into Information about Donors, VARTA was to conduct a further consultation on the views of donors.
    VARTA has been consulting with donors who would be affected by the Victorian Law Reform Committee’s recommendation that all donor-conceived people have access to their donor’s identifying details. Pre-1998 donors would be affected if the law was changed to enable this.
    A PR and advertising campaign promoted the consultation and invited egg and sperm donors who were interested in sharing their views to be interviewed. Researchers from Monash University were contacted to conduct the consultation interviews which have been taking place throughout January and February. VARTA will provide the government with the findings from this consultation in April. Donors who wish to participate on a confidential basis can contact Kate Bourne or call 03 8601 5250 by 18 February.
    Hear VARTA CEO Louise Johnson and Professor Jane Fisher from Jean Hailes for Women’s Health talk about the donor consultation on ABC 774’s Drive program.
    Assisted Reproductive Treatment Amendment Bill
    The Victorian Parliament is considering the Assisted Reproductive Treatment Amendment Bill 2012. This follows a review by Dr Andrew Perrignon into issues associated with the storage of eggs, sperm and embryos. There was a second reading speech of the Bill on 12 December 2012.
    The purpose of the Bill is to amend the Assisted Reproductive Treatment Act 2008 to:
    · provide that gametes and embryos which are kept in storage at the commencement of the Bill are lawfully stored despite the expiry of the statutory storage period
    · permit the Patient Review Panel, in exceptional circumstances, to extend storage periods for gametes and embryos without the written approval of the person who produced the gametes or where the storage period has expired; and
    · increase the statutory storage period for gametes from an initial 10 years to 20 years where the gametes have been obtained from a child or from a person who has been certified as at reasonable risk of premature infertility because of a medical condition or procedure; and
    · allow time for removal of gametes and embryos from storage after expiry of the storage period; and
    · alter the constitution of the Patient Review Panel and make other amendments to improve its operation.
    It is anticipated that the Bill will be debated over the next two months.
    Women’s Health Victoria Fertility Clearinghouse Connector
    Looking for the latest research on fertility? See Women’s Health Victoria’s latest Clearinghouse Connector. There are links to research and articles about cancer and fertility, obesity, IVF and more.
    Unsubscribe

Victorian Assisted Reproductive Treatment Authority
    Level 13, 120 Spencer St, Melbourne, 3000
    PO Box 16123, Collins Street West Melbourne, 8007

T: 03 8601 5250 D: 03 8601 5250
    W: varta.org.au

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haven't been here for a bit as have been exhausted from going back to work. Great to see some people's adventure starting...and it is an adventure! Had the first scan today and am 7 weeks with TWINS! it was the most amazing moment seeing 2 of them and hearing 2 heartbeats. It has made the trip, injections and those filthy pessaries all worth it! We will forever be grateful to South Africa, our beautiful donor and the worlds best doctor...Dr Matebese. Wow! Wow! Wow!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SVD For This Useful Post:

laned  (12-02-2013),MGC Bertie  (02-05-2013),Missleo  (13-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Congratulations SVD

SVD congrats! I am so happy for you and can't even imagine how amazing it would have been to see those heartbeats! Thank you for sharing your story it gives me hope

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies

BIG congrats to SVD how brilliant - twice the love and cuddles !

we have just got back from our transfer DR Heylen transferred x2 blasts which he's says are very promising so fingers crossed !

now we wait!

just to let you know I spoke to my DR as I was nervous about switching from the progesterone oil to pessaries as my last mc showed low progesterone - he said yes to the medicine which cost about 120 dollars - which has given me piece of mind

take care
    nicole

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning ladies,

SVD - what exciting news

Nicole72 - sending you lots of positive vibes. Am quietly confident you will get a BFP soon

Hello to everyone else on this amazing journey it is so inspiring to follow the stories and see such fantastic results. I have to be careful not to get too carried away. Have already suggested to Hubby that we need to extend the house as many of you seem to end up with twins!!!

Although our trip is not until July I am getting the ball rolling gathering as much of my previous testing as I can which is proving a bit of an exercise as I have been to 3 different fertility clinics in 2 states!!!

Question for anyone? I had a HSG (dye test) done in 2008. I can't imagine anything would have changed dramatically since then. Will be going to CFC and wondering if any of you had to get this done? I am going to send them all my previous results and ask them which tests need to be updated?

Have a great day

January

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello

thanks for the positive vibes and well wishes everyone !

January all my test results that were given to CFC were either within the yr or just out besides my dye test which was done in 2009, this didn't bother my DR has my tubes really are of no use with the procedure .

SVD not sure how your feeling but I'm still in shock your having twins - I have watched your progress your whole journey as you were the lady before us

I really am so very happy for you -

Miss Leo hope you had a great trip over and welcome to Cape Town. Where are you staying ?

I know I'm getting ahead of myself but for the first time in a very long time I believe this transfer will work ... DH and I decided that we will do one wall in the nursery that relates to South Africa so we brought hand painted pictures of zebras and giraffes from the waterfront - we want our child to know about there background - we also brought a handmade scrapbook/photo album and have decided to write our own book on how it took three to have a baby ...

Jennilee your next ...... Not long now x

take care
    nicole

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicole72 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (02-05-2013)