Closed Thread
Page 57 of 107 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for your reply January. I checked with Dr Heylen and he said to start the pill with my next period. Our Dear Egg Donor has her medical appointment today, so its just a matter of timing now to get all her results in and hopefully it will be all systems go.

Nicole good luck today and thank you for sharing your journey with us.

Summershine thanks for your advise about medication been cheaper in SA.

Take care everyone.

Cheers,
    Makey D

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you midnite01 for your reply. My estimated cost are nearly the same as yours. I also have to add donor sperm to my costs. My biggest expenses I think will be flights, safari's and anything else we may do as its x 3 people and a 2 -3 bedroom apartment for the stay.
    Kind Regards
    Babywish
    please go thru this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

another beautiful day spent in. Cape Town - we went up to table mountain wow what a view ! I suggest you ladies heading over soon get sun screen lotion as I have got sunburnt each day.

After a long and nerve raking day we have 11 fertilised eggs - fingers crossed!! For a five day transfer ; )

not long now miss Leo and Jennilee - you'll love it here

take care nicole

Thanks
    Reviews
    P. s bye the way the needles we use for the progesterone hurt ...... Just a heads up!

any advice on how to reduce it ???

nicole

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love this thread X

I always have a little giggle at all of our stories and happenings.

Nicole we are so going to go to that safari park! We have plans to go along the garden route, down to Knysna (?? still can't remember how to spell it Thanks for temperature update...I will pack a cardy Nicole

Missleo you must be all ready to go! Good luck with the flight See you in CT! YEY! Are you taking a Clexane injection before your flight? I have to...I think it's to prevent DVT. I will look forward to your text. Maybe we could all go for dinner down at the V&A Waterfront?

Ianed & SummerShine it is fabulous to hear your pregnancy tales. I can only imagine how tricky it is to try & avoid all the potentially dangerous foods, etc. These babies, like all babies, are extremely precious. I wish you both peace with the rest of your pregnancies

SummerShine, I suppose once you are on CT progesterone injections we can't change to taking progesterone pessaries when back in Australia. Can we? Thank you so much for your advice If it works for me, I will need progesterone for ages. I will do whatever I need to ...

Lovely to chat again.... I will be thinking of you Nicole & Missleo for every day X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me again... sorry...
    Nicole I was going to ask you a question, can you please tell me the name or address of the apartment in Claremont, as that's my next job....book our first 4 days... he,he still havent done it. I was thinking of staying in Constantia, Claremont- just for the first 4 days.
    Night

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yet again...

Nicole I hadn't read your last message. OMG 11 fertilised!! That's fantastic

Very happy for you both. Awesome... grow little ones, grow X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jennilee,

Do you have the accommodation info from CFC if so it's called Cavendish heights its a two bedroom self contained unit in Claremont on wilderness ave - owners name is Deon Murray , it is also on the where to stay web site for CT, it has all the safety required for Cape Town.... Key lock entry gates , key to lift as we're on the third floor and it also has electric fencing ( which is common here ) it has a safe in the kitchen , I'd say by Australian standards its a 3.5 star equivalent in a good area !

I'd bring a cardy plus jeans as each outing during the day has left me sun burnt, Cape Town can be quite windy !

Thanks for all the positive thoughts ; ) we will know more on Saturday x

nicole

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Wow

Congratulations Nicole, I'm so happy for your fertilisation news and to hear your having a lovely holiday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nicole - Congrats will be keen to hear progress. Yep the progesterone needles can hurt. At first I was ok but as time went on it got more painful. Expect to get some bruising and lumps. Not to scare any ladies but just so you are prepared (as someone gave me the tip before I went) it can take several months after you cease using them for the lumps and pain to completely go - it's not severe or anything though and everyone is different so some ladies might not get any lumps or bruising. My tips would be to alternate sides and positions. DH became very good at it and did the initial jab very quick and in a controlled manner injected the progesterone. If you try to do that bit too fast it will hurt more. Get extra needles and progesterone from SA, the ones I got in Australia hurt a lot more and cost more.

Jennilee thanks for the well wishes. Once you start on the injections they will want you to stay on them for the whole 10 weeks. I have a problem producing progesterone and the injections are unfortunately the best way to get it into the body. After the 10 weeks I moved onto pessaries for four weeks weening myself down. My ob wanted to be on the safe side. Most women cease after 10 weeks however and don't need pessaries.

xx
    SS