Closed Thread
Page 56 of 107 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome to January, Pixel & Makebe
    Great to have you all here X

Missleo it's getting closer to the 10th each day
    How are you feeling? I know I have small butterflies starting in my tummy...I must relax & just think of the holiday as well. We still have to book our first week there. We leave on the 16th...no rush my DH says!! I will leave my contact phone number at the front desk of CFC...as you know my name is Jenni
    Really looking forward to the holiday...we both need it! Good luck with your prep this week X Hope you are sleeping well...

Nicole- How is it going? I was thinking of you on Monday. What is the temperature there?? I hope you are now enjoying your holiday and relaxing before your transfer I met Liz at Concept on Monday. She said she knew you. She wished us both all the best. We are all thinking of you and hope everything goes to plan. Any hints as to anything we should bring over?

AFM- I am on day 5 of meds and building up to 2 progynova tablets etc. All good so far. We still haven't booked our first week accommodation...no hurry my DH says! Men !! I will do this tomorrow.

Thinking of you svd and hope you are well... sending best wishes to you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you all - but we have been on safari..... WOW what an amazing place we love it, DH wont miss the driving though they drive SO bloody fast over here and in and out of each lane.......

Where to start...... flew in on friday and checked into our unit in claremont - only to find we are across the road from CFC I knew we were in the same street but didnt realise just how close The clinic is lovely and Heidi and DR heylen are great - We felt so comfortable and were treated like long lost friends!
    We chose to stay in claremont as its a good suburb and took the stress out of gettting here when needing too. The unit we have rented came recommended and cost about R650 per night..... We have hired a car from tempest just to get around - we are about 15 min drive from V & A Waterfront and airport so very central to everything. The whether is beautiful kind of like our spring - cool in the morning and evening then around 29 during peak of the day.

If any of you want to go on Safari - We highly recommend garedn route game lodge - its about 4 hrs drive from Cape town but i can honestly say i had the time of my life.... Im so relaxed and chilled so far this has been the best holiday EVER .

Our donor angel has egg pick up tomorrow and DH then gets to do his bit.... so far we have been told it looks like she has 12 eggs but Im not counting my chicks before they hatch..... Im happy with two GOOD ones.

Am happy to answer any questions that you have .......

jennilee - Liz is great, she has helped us through this whole procedure.

Miss leo - Cape town is everything we all wanted it to be..... I feel the magic in the air being here..... hoping you do too

take care ladies and Ill log back on again soon.

Nicole

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicole72 For This Useful Post:

laned  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Without this thread I would still be in limbo! You are all a wealth of information and support, it is such a great resource.

Nicole - you sound so happy, I am glad you are having a fantastic holiday. Some baby dust for you I am also from Perth and would love to know who you saw to assist you with all the preliminary testing as our testing was done a couple of years ago and out of date. I approached my previous clinic who said that I should go through my GP for assistance.

Thinking of you all bye for now

January

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi January, welcome

We were with concept for our last donor cycle which unfortunately ending in mc at 5 wks - I spoke to them after this about South Africa has I had done some research prior . They helped me with all the tests plus all the medication I required for this cycle . They were fantastic ! Liz is the coordinator at concept and the only one that knows and helps out with South Africa .

Goodluck with everything !

well today is egg pink up day ........ Fingers crossed

Take care nicole

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nicole it's so lovely to hear from you!! You sound so happy and relaxed which has brightened my day. I can't believe it is only 3 more sleeps till we leave. Please let us know how today has gone...I have everything crossed for you

Jennilee I'm really looking forward to the chance to meet you so will check in with the clinic for your number, in any case I will PM you a my local number when you get it (my name is Karen so you know who the random text is from). That's hilarious about your accom...but by the sound of it you can't really go wrong anywhere...

Excitement for the holiday has definitely over-taken the nerves now (though I still can't quite believe we are actually doing it after so many months of planning). I've been fine with the meds and feeling optimistic about the whole process. Off for a scan in the morning to check everything is on track so fingers crossed - it's the last hurdle!

Looks like egg pickup will be valentines day for us, awwww .

Thanks
    Reviews
    January I did everything through my GP and got the meds from the international chemist. I would also check with CFC as to what tests you need because I didn't actually need some even though they were written on the sheet and this saved me $. I would also advise all Perth girls leaving SA to buy extra progesterone and needles from the the clinic to cover you for the full 10 weeks. I didn't do this as I didn't want to count my chickens but wish I did. It's so much easier having the right needles and the SA progesterone is in oil (or something like that) and less painful than what you can get in Aust. or from the international chemist. Trust me your butt will thank you.

Good luck Nicole everything crossed for you.

MissLeo V'day is a good sign I think. Sending you lots of luck.
    Last edited by SummerShine; 06-02-2013 at 17:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Nicole and SumerShine great info.

Nicole - hope today is a great success

Missleo - not long now have a great Valentines Day

January

Thanks
    Reviews
    Makeba
    I am with Medfem in Jozi and my ivf co-ordinator instructed me to start on the contraceptive pill when I next got my period (which was 6 days ago) and continue taking them until otherwise advised. My ivf doctor in Melbourne has been happy to support me with testing and medications etc on this end as he was the one who advised ED and had other patients use clinics in SA, Spain and US with success.
    My donor has had her blood work and scans today so I assume they wanted me to start now in the event that she was able to start next cycle for her. My donor had requested to have her treatment finished by end of march start of April. It may be that I will be on the pill for longer than necessary but I think given my donors deadline Medfem did not want to risk the timing being off by not starting now but to be honest I am guessing as I haven't pushed for too many explanations as I know they are not able to advise much in the way of timing until the donor has done the preliminary tests. I find the pill makes me irritable so I have to remind myself that its the medication and not sweat the small stuff. On the up side I feel excited about SA which I know will be here before l know it

Nicole it's so wonderful to hear you are enjoying SA I can't wait to experience it myself, good luck with egg collection thinking of you
    Missleo how exciting 3 more sleeps

Jennilee only 10 days for you

sorry everyone l always seem to write essays
    xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow girls lots of action on here atm. How exciting.

Nicole - thank you for the update. Much love and best wishes to you. X

To all new ladies welcome to this fantastic thread. May all your pending DE dreams come into fruition.

AFM - I will be 27 weeks on Monday, however am still finding things to freak out about. Had a work lunch today at an Indian restaurant. Thought the safest bet was samosas and a naan. I asked for no garnish, which got lost in translation. My samosas came out on a bed of cabbage. Rather than send it back, as they would have returned it, I cut the bottoms off that were resting on the cabbage. Now stressing re risk of listeria and freaked myself out with Dr Google.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Laned - I totally understand. Someone bought me Pad Thai for lunch and it had soy beans in it. I ate around them (hardly ate anything at all but didn't want to appear rude) and then freaked about listeria. You haven't eaten anything that will give you listeria. I spoke to my Ob about this and it is very very rare and most commonly found in unpasteurised soft cheeses. Don't freak yourself out.