Closed Thread
Page 54 of 107 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yipee Nicole the week has finally arrived!!

You must be beside yourself with excitement. Have a safe trip and don't leave us all hanging with retrieval and fertilisation updates. Have a safe trip. Big hugs and best of luck!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nicole - much love and best wishes to you. May you continue the Saffaland magic. . I look forward to your updates.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best of luck with your Cape Town journey, Nicole.
    We will all be thinking of you.
    It will be interesting to compare practices to what we are used to in Australia.
    I did find out CFC do put the embies back in under guided ultrasound. This in itself somehow gives me hope. Concept Fertility never did this with me.
    Cyndi from CFC emailed me this afternoon to remind me to stop my active pil and to make sure I had no questions. I'm impressed already by the attention to detail. Here in Perth I often had to remind coordinators of what meds I needed and what was due to happen next. I feel CFC will be a pleasant change
    We land on Feb 17th and start on the 18th.
    Any pointers would be wonderful
    Have a lovely holiday too and loads of To you!!!

Missleo - your turn is fast approaching... How are you feeling about it?
    We are still deciding on where to stay at what times around the schedule at CFC. OMG just have to make my mind up!
    Very exciting though

Pixel it sounds like everything is coming together for you. That's wonderful.

I also want to say Thank you Very Much to JodieW for starting this thread. It has also given me the courage to venture out of Oz to fulfill our dream of having a baby Laned and SVD and every lady who visits here- it is great to know you are all out there and are so positive....and helpful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    good luck Nicole and Jennielee ... watching on here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Nicole and Jennielee its great to read how excited you are and that everything is going to plan

Laned thanks so much for the info on where you stayed for the safari, the game reserve looks amazing so I hope it works out we can go. I will do my research on how to drive there as I hate to end up lost on the wrong side of town. I have found looking at the safaris has made me more excited about heading over I think as it shifts the focus and if we don't have success I can feel we had a good holiday.

I emailed the contact from VARTA (Kate) and she returned my call to say she has put my name down for the newsletter and to attend the donor conference.
    I queried her on the fact that I was heading OS to get my ED and that it was an anonymous process in SA and would there be others that had gone OS etc As I did't want to turn up to an event where everyone has a relationship with there donor and that I walked away guilty for not choosing to find a donor within Oz.
    She said that mostly they are people who have gone through the donor process within Oz but that there is a large mix including embryo donations, sperm, children from donors etc.
    She mentioned in our conversation that she had known people recently that had gone to SA for ED and were able to get identifying information of their donor via a identity release form from the clinic? Also the possibility of setting up an email address for both parties that you could communicate through without identifying information.
    I just wanted to ask if anyone had heard of this and how you all feel about the fact that it is anonymous?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Well it's now just 10 days until we leave and I am still in a state of disbelief that it is finally happening after 5 months of planning. We decided spend a night 'glamping' at Sanbona Wildlife Reserve the day after we arrive after a recommendation from a friend...the local 'fixer' we are using in Cape Town to help plan some other activities kept saying it was expensive, but I thought it was actually cheap. Obviously there is a big difference in financials between the 2 countries!!

I'm trying to focus on the 3 week holiday and not think too much about the process, I will drive myself crazy from the pressure if I don't. I guess all the ladies who have made the journey have felt the same.

I'm really pleased there are a couple of us heading of around the same time.. this thread will no doubt be action packed over the next couple of months!!

Pixel great news you are close to confirming everything, you wont be too far behind Jennilee, Nicole and myself. Best of luck putting those final details in place.

Jennilee I'm really looking forward to us hopefully being able to catch up while we are there! I totally get it about the accom thing - we were trying to juggle it all and in the end just decided to book the apartment for almost the whole time (it's only about $70 a night..) and then we at least have a base. However I've only booked it till 2 days after expected transfer and we will still have another couple of days till we fly out so I figure we can move around afterwards if we want to stay somewhere great we find in our travels.

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI ladies

Sorry I have been MIA recently. Our last cycle got delayed due to AF and then FS went on leave - how rude I say! Hahaha anyway we are looking to do our final cycle in feburary antaganist with clomid. Hope it works otherwise we are planing to head to CT and SA in June or August this year. We have been in touch with Gift ov life who have been exellent and really helpful so likely we will go with them. We are feeling good about where we are up to. Even though I am 37 I feel that if we continued down the IVF cycle and only got 1 or 2 eggs if we are lucky then it makes more sense for us to cut our losses and go for it - hope that makes sense to people. I guess what I am saying is that I have come to terms with donor eggs quite easily. We have also had 2 cycles where we had nil fertilisation and for the time money and energy that goes into it. I love looking back and seeing where people are up to. The thing that still scares me about going over there for ED is if we got nil fertilisation again. We have decided that we will do ED with hubbies sperm and see what happens. If we get a crap result and have to go back then we will donor sperm.

Best of luck for peoples over there at the moment or about to head over. Which donor agencies did you end up going with?

Have a good night all and look forward to seeing some good results.

We are open about communication with the egg donor. If we get a donor that is open to communication then we are happy with that. We plan on being honest with the child but unsure yet as to how many people we will tell outside of immediate family. Immediate family at moment dont even know we are doing IVF let alone egg donation - my parents live in NZ which makes it a bit easuer.

Sorry for novel.

Have a great night and rest of the week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Midnight,
    We used Gift ov life and had a very positive experience. Look my posts up and read our story. Sounds like you have a great plan. WJ

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations SVD on your positive test . To Nicole, Missleo and Jennilee much love and babydust for your coming adventure .

I have a question for you lovely ladies that have just been to SA and those that are going to SA. I am planning to go sometime this year but have taken a few hits with bills – cherub in hospital and the gear box has decided to have a meltdown. I have read back over the postings numerous times and I know that people have put the costs down but I can’t seem to see for looking. Please do not think I am being nosey it’s just that I have a whole stack of quotes that I have converted the currency on and would like to know a ball park figure on a total including fares and accommodation.

I am thinking of budgeting about $18000 as it will be for the ED from start to finish, accommodation and things to do plus airfares for myself the cherub (5yrs) and one of my bestest (yes spell check I know you don’t like the word) friends, I’m paying for her to come so the cherub will be with someone he knows while I have treatment. All advice ladies will be highly regarded.

Sorry for the length and Thank You all again for being here
    Babywish

Thanks
    Reviews
    Babywish - I am sure that will be plenty. Our estimated costs are 51,000 randt (approx 5,400) for cycle, depending on what agency you go with i think I have estimated our agency fee to be $1500 approx. There are flights budget at least 2,000 depending on what time of year you go. There will be additional costs etc if yuo use donor sperm, embryo freezing etc. My husband is likely to need TESA so that is an extra 8,000 randt. From my memory and I was last there over ten years ago things are quite cheap like accommodation and food etc and the dollar is really good at teh moment. Best of luck.