Closed Thread
Page 50 of 107 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Rrrrrrr - just posted a long post that has been lost

BB4Me - I am sorry to read about your donor situation. I can completely get what it is like to settle on one having others as a back up, but still wanting that one. We were initially told our donor was not willing to do another cycle and then I said I would wait for her even if it took us into this year. That was enough for her to agree to do another cycle in August for us. I hope you can come to a peaceful decision. I don't envy your situation.

Jennilee - I am so excited about the number of brave women embarking upon their Saffaland experience. Wishing you the very best for your upcoming journey.

SVD - how exciting may the little emby/s snuggle in nicely. Did you have one or two transferred? Look forward to the good news in the near future.

Jed - Great to hear from you. Much love to you and the family. hope all went well with the scan. No, we opted for a surprise so as a friend put it we don't know if we are having a Springbok or Springbokee. Did you find out the gender?

To all other ladies xxx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (14-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    what is going on with Bubhub forum?? i too have lost my long post..grrrrr!! makes writing such a chore if it disappears all the time! anyone else share my frustrations or have a solution?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had 2 put back in...so fingers crossed that one or both take! Even though we haven't had a confirmation regarding success, hubby and I have decided also to let the sex of a baby be a surprise....only because there are so few surprises in the clinical IVF journey. Best wishes to everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wilson - I finally found a tab on the quick reply box that said something to the effect of 'recover saved text' and hit on that after it happened a second time. That said, I now copy the text before hitting the post icon.

SVD - fantastic re the transfer. DH and I share your exact sentiments/reasons for opting for a surprise. After years of so much intervention, we thought it would be nice for some surprise element. Man oh man though, most people find out these days, so not much on the neutral gender front. Stay thinking positive. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, wonderful to read the updates and hear you're all doing well. I have written a long post/PM before and I think that there must be a timeout function where if there is no activity after a certain time it times out as when I have gone to post it, it comes back and says could not post. I found I could recover the text by using the back arrow at the top of the screen to go back to the previous screen where I had written the reply, I then highlighted it and copied it to the clipboard, started a new reply and pasted it in and had no probs with posting. Was thinking of maybe writing a long reply somewhere else and copy and pasting into here to do it quicker in future and hopefully get around the frustration of having it disappear.
    Ianed, I'll keep in mind the tab you found, thanks for mentioning it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Laned and BB4ME, lets see how I go sending this post now ive got some tips!! Well, here's an update from me: I am now 31 weeks and 2 days into my twin pregnancy, and the little boys are jumping around like crazy! In general this pregnancy has been a breeze thus far, my most annoying ailment being heartburn and indigestion..guess there's not much room in there!! I am sleeping relatively poorly due to the above mentioned ailment, and needing to pee every 1.5 hours! Luckily I am now on holidays, and will not return to work this year, because I am beginning to get quite tired when on my feet! The boys room is now ready for their arrival, and we have all the basic bits should they choose to come early.
    My belly is enormous to me, but I am continually subjected to comments regarding how small I am!!! My boys were 50th and 60th%ile at their last scan so they are hardly tiny!! Can't say Im loving the scrutiny (from complete strangers too) so I am now looking forward to the lads coming out (not too soon) and me getting some privacy back with my body. Seems when your preggas, you are public property to be stared at, commented on and judged!
    I had a bit of a scare the other night...I thought my pee looked a bit dark, so I did some into a jar and examined it...it was the colour of dilute ribena, and I became very worried. So I rang Frances Perry, and they told me to page the doc to discuss the wee with him...He advised me to go to the nearest clinic and do a dipstick wee test. If I had a UTI they could give me antibiotics to get rid of it. On my way there, I remembered that earlier in the day I had eaten half a tub of organic beetroot dip and this was the most likely culprit! Indeed it was, and when the doc rang me the next day to follow up I felt very silly, but he was just pleased that that was all it was. Tee Heee!!

Welcome Jennilee, Good Luck SVD, I look forward to updates. Miss Leo I saw Sarah Hewland the acupuncturist in Cape Town and she was excellent! Where are you upto now Laned? hows it all going? and Jed..19 weeks! doesnt time fly?
    Now lets see if I can send this post....bye all, WJ

8. The Following User Says Thank You to wilson joy For This Useful Post:

laned  (19-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

I used to post on this thread just over a year ago when we went the donor way in Africa and I am still reading your updates. Every night at the 1 am feed, my 5 month old miracle and I read up on the latest.  I just wanted to hop on and wish you guys the best of luck this year. It's a very brave and beautiful thing you are doing! 

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chascabear For This Useful Post:

laned  (19-01-2013),Missleo  (15-01-2013),Nicole72  (16-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your post Chascabear - with just under 4 weeks to go till we leave for SA its lovely to hear another story of a positive result.

Pretty sure we have everything organised now Nicole - how about you? How are you going with your meds?

Jennilee when do you start your med cycle?

I don't start my Synarel (yep I opted for the nasal spray, which I've now read up on and apparently its disgusting!) for another week but mostly I'm excited about stopping this damn evil contraceptive pill! In the last 2 weeks just about every single extreme side effect has reared it's ugly head including depression, anxiety, migraines...and weight gain (oh joy...). All for the greater good I know but damn it's making it hard to get excited. Nothing a good stress-cry doesn't fix haha.

SVD when do you do your test? I have everything crossed for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    me again

I've just spent the last hour or so reading back about 30 pages on this thread (bad day and hubby is travelling for work yet again...so I needed some inspiration). Even though I've read it before I have to say WOW - what an amazing bunch of courageous, inspirational and genuinely special women you all are. I feel so lucky to have stumbled on this thread all those months ago and to now be following that same path armed with all the information and wisdom you have contributed while sharing your journey.

Baby dust and positive vibes to all the ladies about to start the journey, and to those who have their little miracles a massive thank you...I'm sure I wouldn't be in this position without you.

x

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Missleo For This Useful Post:

laned  (19-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Chascabear......great of you too pop in, it is always nice to hear positive stories and fantastic that there are so many!!!!

Miss Leo..... 2 weeks to go all we have left to do is hire a car, which we will do today.... I chose to use the lucrin shots as i have used both the spray and lucrin before i prefer the lucrin, i found my nose hurt and my throat burnt from the spray..... BUT its all for a very good cause ...

Wilson joy - 31 weeks - nearly there, heres hoping the next few wks go qucikly and you'll soon be holding your babies

I cant believe how quick the time has gone we started this journey 18 wks ago and now its nearly time to go.... please let this be our time

Laned - hope all is going well

take care all
    Nicole

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicole72 For This Useful Post:

laned  (19-01-2013)