Closed Thread
Page 48 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default outh africa egg donation

Hi ladies,

hope you all had a great xmas with family and friends

Well new years eve tomorrow offers a new year with new possabilities for us all sending lots of baby dust you way !

Laned: how far along are you now?

BB4ME : how did you go with chosing a donor? I think Jenny from baby2mom is away for xmas, hope you were able to get thru to her.

Time is flying along, i cant believe we go in 4 wks heres hoping it works

have a happy new year everyne and well spek soon

Nicole

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey Nicole - thank you for your kind thoughts and wishes. The next 4 weeks will fly by. I am very excited for you and have a really positive feeling for you. I went to a baby shower on the weekend for my South African friend. Her mother and sister were over and her mother said to me 'magic happens in Africa'.

To all ladies embarking or continuing on their SA journey may the fertility gods shine their magic on you. Xxx

we have reached the 21 week mark now and I am looking as though I have over indulged in the Xmas pudding. Never thought I would be so happy to not be able to fit into pants.

Much love and Happy New Year wishes. Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Nicole,
    I checked out the Baby2mom website again, only found one donor I liked. I queried the FS at CFC about using her as the agency is not on their recommended list and the reply was that "there is a very good reason they're not on the recommended list". Don't know what that is and as I could only pick one I've decided to stick with EDSA as I have been able to shortlist 7 of their donors and that will give me the two backups that I need. Sending positive thoughts for your trip to SA.
    Hi laned, 3 mths until you're a Mum, how exciting, are you still doing your diary? I am thinking of starting one tomorrow, I saw a lady in the scrapbook shop working on one where everyday for the full year she takes a photo and writes something about that photo. I thought that would be a good way to record before, during and after.
    Happy New Year everyone.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BB4Me For This Useful Post:

laned  (03-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies - happy new year to you all.

Great news Laned, so happy that things seems to be moving along more smoothy for you now.

The countdown is on for us both Nicole - just over 5 weeks until I leave. Are you heading over a little early to do a safari or any other travelling? I'm both excited and nervous now about whether it will work, urgh.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Missleo For This Useful Post:

laned  (03-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Misleo - likewise the time will fly. I can completely understand your mixed emotions. I was 'crazy town' before our departure, one minute super excited, the next reserved and anxious. May 2013 be the year of the healthy and safe arrival of all our babies. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi BB4ME,

I think CFC dont like the way Baby2mom has donors who are younger than 21 - we had to change doctors at CFC to be able to use our donor...... and she had to have x2 psychology appointments just for our cycle... At the end of the day as long as your happy with your donor choice thats what matters we would have stayed with EDSA had our donor not been canceled on us...

HI Missleo, yes we arrive before treatment DH and i have been really busy at work leading upto xmas so decided we would do safari first and get settled in to our apartment before treatment started.... We arrive on the 31st jan whoo not long now for both of us! when do you arrive ?

Hi Laned, thanks for your positive thoughts i actually believe it will work for us this time too.

well must go as amready for bed -take care ladies and speak soon

Nicole

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have swapped scorching Melbourne for sunny and pleasant Cape Town to see in the New Year! had ultrasound on 31/12/12 and finished the year on a high note as the doctor said that my measurements were perfect. our donor has had her retrieval today and hubby came to the party with his side of the deal! So, on Wednesday we will have our transfer. Was so nervous before we came here...but the doctors and nurses here are magnificent and I feel that we have actually been treated better than at home...or maybe I am just happier that we are using a donor and they aren't counting follicles on me?

We are using Nurture and they have been very supportive and we have had emails gong back and forwards with our donor. this I think humanises the whole thing.

Cape Town is beautiful, we are keeping busy seeing the sights and are looking forward to taking a stow away home! Am happy to feel positive about babies for the first time in years. as one of the ladies said in a previous post, 'Africa is where the magic happens' right now I truly believe that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Oh good luck to you SVD I will be watching (and I am sure many more will be too) to see how you go and what your experience is like.
    All the very best for you and I have everything I have crossed for you.

Nicole & Missleo - all the best for your trips too- I will be watching closely from the wings

Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    How exciting SVD - keep us updated on how things progress! All my fingers and toes are crossed for you.

Nicole - my FS in Sydney wants to do a scan 2 days before my first clinic appointment on the 13th which really restricts our travel dates and means we still need to take 3 weeks off work but not really have a lot of time to take 3 days out to do a safari (from what I can figure out anyway, I'm not quite sure what the actual 'timetable' looks like!!). I will talk to him on Monday as I'm assuming he is just being super precautious. We would like to leave on the 9th to make the most of it but I also want to give this the best shot possible.

Can any of the ladies who have travelled previously recommend a good acupuncturist in CT?? Also what days of your cycle did you have acupuncture while there?

Thanks
    Reviews
    SVD- wonderful to hear from you. Wishing you great feet rates and loads of Springbok dust. May the magic happen. Xxx

Misleo - I had my TF in Joburg and was unable to locate an acupuncturist. I think one of the other ladies on the site, who is now pregnant with twins had acupuncture. It may be worth tracking back through earlier posts.