Closed Thread
Page 46 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls - lovely to see some more brave women soon heading off on their journey.

JodieW - my sincerest apollogies for the outcome of your FET. I can appreciate the loss that you must be experiencing now. On behalf of all, I wish to thank you for your most informative SA posts and for sharing your journey. It was definitely inspirational enough to influence my decision to go. Much love to you and your family xxx.

helenMac - how frustrating!!!!! I think a lot of doctors forget patient autonomy and further overlook that any veteran of the ART world is well versed and informed in all things fertility related including complications such as Ashermans.

AFM - all was crusing well until yesterday. I am now 17w5d and had a bright red bleed yesterday at a conference. I was in such a state I got disorientated on my way to the Ob and was shattered by the time I got there. He did an internal and my cervix is closed and I was able to hear bubs heart rate, but he didn't think a scan was necessary, saying 'well what are you hoping for it to tell you? Your cervix is closed bubs fine' I noted that it might tell us where the bleeding was coming from and he said 'what will you do about it then' and I said worry. So he noted I should spend he rest of the week resting and hopefully it will settle. He noted 19/20 pregnancies continue normally. I am hoping and praying that the fertility gods don't take this little springbok from me. Xxx

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Laned - Oh what a scare! You poor thing to go through such an ordeal. Thankfully bubs is fine that is such wonderful news. When is your next scan? Did you end up buying/renting a dopler? Make sure you rest up, it's a good excuse to do NO housework this weekend. Take care thinking of you.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to helenmac For This Useful Post:

laned  (11-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Helenmac - my scan is scheduled for the 17/12. I will hopefully be 19w then. As for the Doppler, no I refrained thinking that I might drive myself bonkers with it. Besides, it is really all up to the fertility gods now and there is really nothing more I can do except for take it easy. I have over the past couple of weeks been feeling fluttering so that is always reassuring. Thank you again for your kind thoughts and wishes. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Firstly JodieW so sorry to hear about your FET. Thank you so much for starting this thread and being such an inspiration and openly sharing your journey so that some of us newbies will have the courage to do the same.

Laned - what a scare...the last few weeks have sure been a roller coaster for you. All the best for the 17th, hope you are resting up and the fertility gods are on your side.

Jennilee - I am also heading over in Feb 13 and we are just about to finalise flights and accom after a small change to my treatment protocol which moved everything by a few days. There was a really helpful post a couple of pages back (cant remember from who - sorry!) which gave a pretty comprehensive breakdown of all the tests etc you need - have you seen that? There was some great general info also on that page. There are a couple of us heading over in Feb so I'm sure we can share info if you are still unsure about anything. I'm going to fill my prescriptions next week (which my local clinic have organised for me thankfully) so I know I am fully prepared and not leaving anything to chance!

Jed - we haven't heard from you for a while, hope all is going well!

Hi to everyone else

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Missleo For This Useful Post:

laned  (11-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Misleo - many thanks for your kind words. Thankfully all bleeding ceased by Sunday and I have had lots of fluttering, which I think is the active Springbok (hopefully). Will let you know how it all goes on the 17/12. You won't believe how fast time will fly for you. February will be here before you know it. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, I've been so busy tonight is the first opportunity I've had in a while to check out the thread. Ianed - glad to hear things are still looking postive, JodieW - sorry to hear about your FET, Helenmac - glad you went for a 2nd opinion doesn't it make you so mad when the Dr tells you "there's nothing wrong with you".

I've been counting and it seems there are 4? people heading to SA in Feb. I was wondering if those people would mind telling which donor agencies they are going with? Nicole72, I think you said EDSA?

I have also been reviewing donors and have decided not to consider donors who smoke. This has limited my choices a bit and was wondering what other people think, would smoking impact on egg quality?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi BB4ME

lets hope all 4 who are going in feb 2013 have great news!!!!!!

We were originally using EDSA but our donor was doing one more cycle before us - (South African law only permits donors to achieve 6 pregancies .... ) unfortunately for us they had triplets on that cycle which put our donor over her quota.... we are now using Baby2mom for our current donor which i must say Jenny is wonderful and has made the whole process very easy and stress free...
    we looked for girls who had had successful pregancies through donation prior to us.... this was my main motavation!
    we were lucky enough last year to find a donor in australia who was willing to help us - she was 27 but we got only one embie from the cycle..... so age was also a big factor for us when choosing our donor, we didnt look at anyone over 25, we also went with non smokers - we decided if we can only afford to do this once then we wanted the best chance possiable

hope this helps

take care
    Nicole

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicole72 For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (17-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi BB4me

Yes we are using EDSA. Apart from Nuture and Giftovlife I also found Ricky at Sunshine Egg Donors to be incredibly helpful. Since I hadn't heard much about them I contacted CFC and they confirmed they are also one of the chosen agencies they work with and had a great reputation with the clinic.

Age and family medical history were the 2 things most important to us. Although our donor is a non smoker it wasn't too high on the list because we were specifically looking for someone under the age of 23. As a successful pregnancy depends so much on the recipient we decided to look at previous retrieval rates rather than actual success rates so although I know she has had at least one successful pregnancy from donation it was her reliable retrieval rates of around 9 very good quality eggs that was the deciding factor.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Missleo For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (17-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also if anyone is looking for accom I can highly recommend the site stayincapetown.co.za - they sent us at least 10 fantastic options for self service apartments that were a lot cheaper than the standard hotel sites.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default donor agencies

Hi ladies,

Well i wrote a hugh big reply to you BB4ME but for some reason its not been posted......

DH and i made a plan to choose non smokers, girls under the age of 25 and girls who had successful pregancies under there belt....whilst we knew this would cut our donor choice down we decided that as we may only be able to afford SA once we wanted our best chance!

We were using EDSA but had to change agencies due to - SA law only permits donors to have 6 successful pregancies our donor was on her 4th cycle - in the cycle she was doing before us they had triplets which meant she could no longer be a donor. We are now with baby2mom and we couldt be happier.

Out donor is 19 and has obeen successful in a prior donation cycle.

good luck choosing we found it the hardest part!

nicole