Closed Thread
Page 40 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jodi

Thanks for your post and some renewed hope.

Having had 2 miscarriages this year, I've recently been told that my FSH is too high to expect to be able to have a baby with my own egg. So we've decided to go to South Africa at Xmas to receive an egg donation.

I've had a look at a few providers on the web, and they all seem to offer similar services. Given your positive experience, I'd love to know which clinic you went to and whether you have any other recommendations.

Congratulations on your positive result - absolutely brilliant!

Many thanks

Jo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi jojo and welcome. How exciting for you. I would only recommend Cape Fertility Clinic (CFC) I know a new clinic has opened up in Cape Town but I don't know much about it. There is also Medfem in JoBurg but at the time of my research I could only find one comment about them and it wasn't the best, as far as I was concerned I was going a long way and spending a lot of money I would rather go with a clinic that was well known and had a great success rate, I wasn't sure whether Medfems lack of reviews was because people didn't want to say anything bad, they would just rather not comment at all. One of the other ladies on here went to Medfem and wasnt impressed. As for the agency they are all much the same, some offer a discounted rate should the first transfer fail or similar. My opinion, it's all in the donor, the younger the done the better, look at their history, I didn't want a party girl as their eggs wouldn't be the best either if they are out drinking and smoking several nights a week. I also wanted someone that had some similar traits so that although everyone would see my husband in my baby, some might even see me. We don't make it known that I used a donor egg, bubba will find out when he is older but its no one else's business. You may have a different criteria, you just need to work out what's important for you.

My FSH level used to be really high too I had to do the longest cycles to counteract it, the good thing with SA and the donor programme your cycle won't exist you will have a false cycle created by the drugs so your hormones don't come into it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Have been following this thread for the last few months (through a chem preg and 5 cancelled cycles to be precise!). Have laughed, cried (JED!!!) and celebrated with you all from afar - you have no idea how much you have all helped me on my own journey.

I feel a bit like a stalker so when I saw Nicole's post I thought it was time to join in. I am also using EDSA and CFC and will be heading over in February 2013!! We are looking at accom options now so would love some advice. My FS here is from CT and has given me some recommended hotels, most are by the water and although they look fantastic they are all quite expensive...

Congratulations to you all - I check the thread every single morning and you all give me the hope I've sometimes needed just to get through the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A big warm welcome to both jojo and missleo. Great to hear you are joining the Saffaland club.

JoJo - as for clinics albeit I am now 11w2d pregnant, I would not recommend Medfem. Their lack of communication and disorganisation (which you can read in my previous posts) made the experience very stressful. On the other hand we left some sperm with CFC and I got to meet with Dr Wisewedel who was very attentive and reassuring. He organised and told me my blood results and provided me with extra medication instruction notwithstanding he was not even my Dr. If I went back I would definitely go through CFC.

Missleo - if its any help I booked all our accom through agoda.com.au they have a number of available options at all different rates and if you book early enough you can get special deals. It was all ridgy digg and we had no problems.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Missleo

I was also a stalker for a while....

When we first spoke to CFC about treatment they recommended some self contained units a few minutes walk away from the clinic they cost 350 - 400 rand per night ( which is about $50 per night) they are clean and come with great reviews from people who have stayed there..... ask CFC for a list of units close by ( sorry i cant find the one they sent us ) as its alot cheaper to rent a self contained unit/flat than stay in a hotel... Just make sure its a good suberb

Hope all is well for you all.....

We have made a decession on what donor to go with today - so am really excited.... Feb 2013 it is.

Our donor is only 19 - but has done a previous cycle from which was successful for them... fingers crossed it will be for us too

take care and speak to you all soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Exciting news for you Nicole - hopefully February 2013 will be positive for us both! I don't have the exact dates yet as our donor is doing her 2nd donation right now but we may even be there at the same time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome to the thread Missleo and jojo.

Nicole - Congratulations on selecting your donor now it's just a waiting game until February. It will be nice and sunny when you are over there - perfect.

MissLeo - Not long to go for you either. Exciting times. Keep us up to date with everything.

jojo - I would only go to CFC. They have a really good success rate and the Drs know there stuff. I had to have a special type of transfer done (due to other medical issues) and I do not believe I would have got pregnant if it had not been for my Dr in CFC.

Laned - What week are you up to now? I'm glad you don't have morning sickness too bad. I shouldn't have opened my big mouth as mine returned with a vengeance.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SummerShine For This Useful Post:

laned  (25-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nicole - likewise congratulations. Now the exciting journey begins for u.

Summershine - hey lovely great to hear form you. Our last scan at 11w showed a very hyperactive Springbok. Definitely living up to it's Saffaland pet name. I will be 12w on Monday and have my first appointment with my Ob then too. Sorry to hear about the sickness. I actually put my little bit of nausea down to my morning milo so stopped that and all is well. Thanks for thinking of me.

Jed - hope all is going well for you.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Boys Boys Boys!

Hello All,
    20 wk scan done and dusted, and all is well. 2 boys in there!! OMG!! At least no 5 year festival of pinkness, so Im pleased about that!! WJ

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    WJ: Huge congratulations!!! Boys are the best and just LOVE their mums!!! So excited for you xx