Closed Thread
Page 4 of 107 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kirsten

Welcome to Australia and thank so much for your input, its appreciated.

The laws are a little different here, donation in Australia is not anonymous and you do not get paid for your donation.

There are a couple of people on this website that are looking for donor eggs and if you fail to find someone on here, there is also www.aussieeggdonations.com.au.

I really admire what you do, if it weren't for people (or angels) like you, thousands of women would never have a chance to be a mother and realise their dreams, the joy you bring to others is beyond words, bless you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, i am new to the site and am hopefully jet setting off to south africa for egg donation soon!! I am trying to find out all the info i can possibly get about anyone else experiences and advice, do's and dont's etc. Was the process easy? Im looking at Cape town fertility clinic and bubs 2 mom donor agency! Please help! :0)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Help! Does anyone know of a GP in Brisbane who is happy to write a script for the meds needed for egg donation?

I have plans to go to SA at the end of the month and need to start my medication next week, possibly Wed/Thurs. I went to my own GP three weeks ago to treat a UTI and she had said then to bring in the OS script when we have a followup and she will write it up. I just returned from our follow up where i was told she has changed her mind and is uncomfortable with it. I am highly distressed and worried that all will be lost for this DE cycle.

Im not sure if i am posting this in the right place, but please if there is anyone who knows a doc in brisbane who isnt uncomfortable supporting OS doctors please let me know as soon as you can, or if you have any suggestions my stress-head hasn't thought of I would appreciate hearing from you. I need to have the script by Tuesday for the chemist to order it in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chascabear do you have a medical clinic nearby, go to them, its always been my experience they will do what you ask and don't mention your other doctor to them either. There is bound to be a local doctor who will help you. Try doing a ring around the different surgeries, you will no doubt come across someone who wil help, don't panic yet. I can't believe what ***** that doctor was, you know not to use her again.

Failing that CFC will write the script for you and you will need to order the meds from the international pharmacy but do something about it today so you can get the meds on time. Good luck

staceyma, I would love to help you but other than the information that is in this thread already, I really don't know what other information you are looking for. I have no experience with Baby 2 mom but I have heard of others who would recommend them when I initially looked at the donation process. Perhaps if you posted specific questions you want answered, we might be able to help answer them for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies,

Jodi great to see things are ticking along for you & your little bun,

Stacey, I chose a donor from gift ov life but her medical history when queried made her unsuitable to donate, next i chose a donor from egg donation south Africa
    But she pulled out of a donation for another couple for this month (nov) ours being jan & this raised concerns for the agency & us whether she would do the same to us so the agency suggested we look for another donor. We have found a wonderful donor through baby 2 mom and are moving forward. To be honest they were all wonderful even Nuture, baby2mom are a little more I think for fees and don't offer anything if your donor produces below 4 eggs but I challenged them & they said if that happened & we weren't successful then they would reduce fees to $8000 zar for another cycle,

Everyone really was wonderful & we are really happy to have all the help from everyone, we go mid jAn.

Hope everyone else is going well take care

xx
    Last edited by PearlHobbes; 06-11-2011 at 16:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    PearlHobbes,

How exciting for you!! We are also going over early to mid Jan! We went with baby2mom as well and so far so good, I will have to mention the reduced fees if unsuccessful! Which Clinic did you decide to go with? Here's hoping everything goes amazing for u :0)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Stacey,

We are going to Cape Fertility Clinic, with Dr Le Roux, should be booking flights today or tmrw. We will be leaving here on the 13th Jan to see our dr Mon 16th epu 18th.

We are hoping to go to Sanbona wildlife reserve during our wait for embeds to get to blasto.

Really is quite exciting.

Let me know how things progress perhaps we can catch up if your in cape town when we are x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fantastic news PearlHobbes and Staceyma, I am so excited for you both January will be here in no time.

PearlHobbes you will love Sanbona, its a great way to pass the time whilst you wait for your embies to grow, completely takes your mind off things seeing all of the animals wandering around the fresh air will do you good too, its not often we find places where pollution is at the barest minimum (makes you tired though, LOL).

Chascabear, how is everything going did you get your prescriptions, Ive been worried for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey JodiW, thanks for the concern. I just picked up my Triptorelin from the chemist this morning. It was all a bit of a drama with CFC making urgent orders to the UK, but then overnight I found a lovely local doc - at a medical centre like you suggested - who was happy to write it out for me no probs. The people at the International Pharmacy were great too, very quick, on the ball and full of well-wishes, which is always good to know in case the situation arises again.
    PearlHobbes and Staceyma, good luck with your January cycles. I too am going through Jenny at baby2mom and it has been a smooth process so far (at least from their end!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    PearlHobbes

Im with Dr Heylen with cape fertility as well! Oh Sanbona sounds amazing, i will have to defiantely look into that! Where will you be staying otherwise, would love to hear some great advise of best hotels etc to stay at!! I will defiantely let you know when we are going and it would be great to catch up with someone experiencing the very same thing!! Hopefully we will come home pregnant together!! I found my perfect donor so i couldnt risk losing her so this is all Verrryyy rushed for us!!

Thanks everyone for ur well wishes :0)