Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Amanda - hey Hun, check you PM. Have left my home # give me a call. X

2. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (01-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amanda, welcome.

They have youth hostels but I couldn't tell you how much they are to stay in, you also need to take into consideration the time of year you go. Summer is obviously more expensive than winter, as far as the flights and accommodation go. You are better off deciding on a time to go, check how much the flights are and accommodation in that period like you would if you we're going on any trip, to get an idea. Try Zuji or Expedia. As for the cycle it depends on the exchange rate at the time you go 5,500 to say 7000 aud would be a reasonable budget, that includes everything, donor, hospitals, transfer and around 1000 for gift of life or whomever you decide to go through. SA is cheap to eat in and get around so that won't blow a budget. Supermarkets are everywhere too.

Good luck

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JodiW For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (01-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are looking at Expedia and they have some good deals despite our travelling being over Christmas and New Years. We are with Nurture and they have a travel service apparently...we might have a squiz at that as well.

All in all the whole process thus far with Nurture and CFC has been nothing short of fantastic and not as traumatic as I thought it would be. It has definitely been much more positive than that of our IVF clinic...who seemed more than happy to flog a 40 year old horse with low AMH!

Congrats to all the ladies with such good news. The positivity and joy that comes through your posts is fab!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SVD For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (01-10-2012)

mostly in Perth but sometimes away with the fairies
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, I am sorry it has been forever since I checked in but I am alive and well. Stella is now home and doing great. She came home without oxygen support which is just amazing considering what she has been through. Hard to believe that she is 28 weeks old!!!! She is my miracle, my star. I havent caught up on whats been happening on here. Just want to pop in and say all those considering ED in South Africa - go for it - dreams do come true...even though they may come a little earlier than planned!!! Stella was in Thats Life Magazine - edition was out last Wednesday. They flowered the story up a bit but I did the story so I could give the money to the NICU at King Edward Memorial Hospital as they were the ones that saved my baby's life. All the very best to you all going for transfers and those thinking about it.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Theresa68 For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (02-10-2012),laned  (02-10-2012),MsEnchantress  (01-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Ianed - hope your scan went well today and that you once again got to see that magical little heartbeat!

Wj- hope you are still managing to enjoy your holiday even with your mum there!

Amanda - i think it cost us about $15k nzd all up but we had to book separate flights to syd a d then canberra to drop our son off at his granparents and i also had to pay for a few extra things like intralipid therapy. A private Ivf cycle costs $12K here in NZ anyway so it didnt actually cost us much more!

Svd- very exciting that you are getting all sorted. Xmas will come around in no time!

AFM - had another bt yesterday which came back at 1518 so i am really hanging out to find out if there is one or two in there! Scan booked for next Thurs so will be counting down the days!

Big hi to everyone else!!

Jed

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JED For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (02-10-2012),laned  (02-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Theresa - so pleased to read your wonderful news. Your precious little girl sounds like a true little fighter and you my dear are a gem for your gift to the NICU. Bless you and your little one.

Jed - wow those numbers are booming you could well have twinnies.

AFM - many thanks for your well wishes, they are paying off. Albeit the is still old blood collections visible. The Springbok is booming, growth rate was amazing and FHR of 140-150. We feel so very blessed ATM. DH gave our FS a big hug this morning. I will be having a repeat scan next week for my sanity.

I returned to work today. The crew I work with are absolutely awesome and were great. Anyway feeling absolutely shagged so ready to snooze.

Much love to all. Xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (02-10-2012)

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Theresa - It's so good to hear from you and know that Stella is thriving!! She is such a strong amazing little trooper. I'm going to see if I can pick up a copy of the That's Life magazine, well done for selling her story for such a good cause.

Laned - That is just awesome news the scan went well. I'm so pleased to hear. Also that was just wonderful that you spoke up at the seminar and shared your experience and voiced other concerns. Well done YOU!

Wilson - I hope you had a lovley holiday and that bubs are going well.

Jed - You blood test levels are so very promissing!! Keep us posted on how many in there!!

SVD - Great that things are progessing and it won't be long now and you'll be on your ED adventure!

Amanda - We flew over in June with Qantas and cost was $1,744 pp (2 of us plus child = $4,898). Accomodation in Cape Town was $967.00 (12 nights), Car hire was $350 (14 days).
    Cape Fertility Clinic - Donor cycle $5,104.56 Freezing $373.50 Storage of embryos (per month) $9.96 x 12 (1 year)
    Baby2mom - Agency Fee - 1,680.77 Donor Fee $747.01
    On top of all that you have to pay for the meds in Cape Town (Clexane & Gestone) which was another $500 then spending money & petrol another $1,000. All up it was about $15,000 for us.

Hi to everyone else

AFM: I have had my apointment with my Reproductive Immunologist. I'm going on the drug Humira to help with my immune issues and will also have to have IVIG. First I need to send bloods over to Chicago to test my TNFalpha levels. Then go on Humira for 1-2 courses depending on how I respond. Once Humira is completed I have to wait about 10 weeks before I can do my FET!! SO it's a long process but hopefully all the effort pay's off and the result is a BFP!!
    Last edited by helenmac; 05-10-2012 at 08:32.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to helenmac For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (05-10-2012),laned  (04-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there - hoping I can join this thread.

ED is something the FS has just mentioned to us so still in the very early stages however have been doing a lot of research on south africa - cape town clinic and it seems to have good success rates and reasonable $$$. We havent looked at the states purely from a $$$ perspective.

To give you a bit of background we started IVF end of 2010 and got 10 mature eggs only 4 fertilised, 3 embies 2 BFN and miscarriage. Second cycle turned crap 3 eggs no fertilisation rate. 3rd IVF down reg cycle 4 fertilised, 2 morula transferred BFN, FET expanded blast - chem pregnancy. Latest cycle epic fail - 11 follies 3 eggs 2 fertilised 1 poor 3 day embie.

I dont really know of anyone suitable over here in aussie - we are from NZ. MY sister in NZ doesnt plan on having kids but unfort this would be a private cycle in NZ and around the $15K mark.

We thought we were dealing just with MFI and the Tesa would get around that however discovered that my egg quality has pretty much turned to crap.

I have been looking on the nurture website and there seems to be heaps of good info.

Does anyone know the approx egg, fertilisation and frozen embie rate from the donors?

We think the clinic, donor agency and other misc costs will be around $8K plus flights and accommodation etc.

I take it there is a donor agency cost then a cost to the donor - is that right?

I am based in Melbourne and how hard has it been to get your FS or GP to work with you on the drugs and worked required prior to the cycle. I am currently with CFC in Melbourne.

Sorry for all the questions - just try to work out things in my head.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Midnite - welcome, Helenmac, pretty much covered all the costs very accurately above. Jed another superwoman on this thread is a fellow Kiwi, so may be able to assist you with further info on the extra travel costs.

All the ver best with your decision making.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks laned for the warm welcome - I am a kiwi and but living in Melbourne.

The more I think about it the most this is probably going to be the option for us.

Has anyone done egg donation with MFI? I am wondering what impact this would have on the quality of the eggs?? or with younger eggs fertilisation rates would be better?

Have a good night all.