Closed Thread
Page 35 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Had a follow up BT this morning and hcg has gone up to 394 (from 124 on Monday) so that's reassuring. I am hanging out for that 12 week scan though as we lost our last baby at 11 weeks so I don't think I'll be able to rest easy until then - but obviously we are over the moon we are finally preggers again - in fact I really have to pinch myself sometimes to believe its actually worked for us after so many failures!

Ianed - wow you are on a lot of meds hun - I'm not far behind you though. But I only have one more day of Clexane left and will then ween off the prednisone in the next week or so. Dr Wiswedel said I only really needed to take them up until the pregnancy test. Don't blame you for sticking with the regular scans - I would (and will!) take any re-assurance that's on offer!

Jayell - thanks for your pm hun. The figuring out what to do phase is the tricky part but once you make a decision, its nice to have something to throw yourself into planning and it does take a weight off your shoulders so good luck with whatever you decide to do.

SVD - good on you for taking the leap! Once you get your treatment plan it all seems to go very fast. Are you planning on turning the trip into a bit of a holiday as well?

WJ - Glad to hear everything is going well for you! The weeks just seem to fly by don't they! Did you end up going on your maternity shopping spree? I bet SA seems like a distant memory for you now!

to everyone else!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SVD View Post
    So...we wait for a response now regarding treatment plan and then it all really starts. I guess the best thing is we now have hope!

So...Christmas and New Years in Cape Town here we come!
    Hi there SVD

How exciting for you! I have everything crossed that you're successful. I look forward to sharing in your TTC journey. Here's plenty of

J

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jayell For This Useful Post:

SVD  (30-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JodiW View Post
    Jayell, a small loan is all that is needed for a trip of a lifetime and a possible dream come true. But it is a big decision, Good luck with whatever you decide.
    Hi Jodi

Unfortunately I have maxed out my credit cards and wouldn't qualify for a loan I have been extremely iresponsible in recent years regarding my finances. That said, I want so much to have a baby. To be honest I'm not sure what I can do

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson joy View Post
    As for me, I'm 16 weeks tomorrow, and feeling pretty good. Hope you are all well, WJ
    Yay!!

All the best for the rest of your pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jed02 View Post
    Jayell - thanks for your pm hun. The figuring out what to do phase is the tricky part but once you make a decision, its nice to have something to throw yourself into planning and it does take a weight off your shoulders so good luck with whatever you decide to do.
    Thanks so much Jed

J

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wilson - wow Mission Beach, gathering you are relaxing with the gorgeous bubbas. Woe how time flys.

SVD - a big congrats to you. Believe you me time will fly. Here's hoping for that precious festive gift for you

Jed - hope you are taking it easy and letting the little one snuggle.

to everyone else.

AFM - had my first outing other than Drs and acupuncture appt for 2 weeks today. Attended a ED seminar presented by an Argentinian FS. Attended at the request of my FS, who asked for me to give some feedback in relation to our experience or question any of the Argentinian process. Main concern I voiced was in relation to lack of donor profiling and egg sharing with CD 3 TF being common practice. Drawing an analogy to our cycle we would never had had success with such system and the costs are comparative.

Amazingly, met another bub huber, yet again another amazing woman who has been through the trials and tribulations of IVF and ED. Was a great delight to meet you.

Got to say on the way home both DH and I became very emotional (both in tears, with him telling me i had to stop talking or he'd have to pull over), thinking about a room packed full of people, who just want a chance at bringing another little being into this world and loving it like nothing else. It was a very overwhelming experience to see just like us what so many couples are desperate for. The world can be a very unjust place. I sincerely hope everyone in that room and those of you going through the motions, one day has a chance at realising the dream and privilege of parenthood.

Anyway now back in bed, hoping for the best for Tuesday's scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,
    Greetings again from tropical paradise. I am as relaxed as one who is on holidays with her mother!!! I am doing everything on my own, as my mother has a myriad of convenient ailments which preclude her from lots of fun activities, ranging from walking on the beach and swimming...honestly, why go away and be such a stick in the mud??? vent finished!
    So I am enjoying the lovely warm water and sunshine and getting the vit D the nutritionist said I needed. I had a beer soft drink yesterday, which wasnt a patch on the real thing, but this is the life of a pregnant woman!! Laned, sounds like the gig you went to was rather difficult emotionally...what was your FS thinking sending you to investigate?? hope he supplied the tissues! Bye, WJ

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wilson - sounds like your mum and mine should go on holidays together he he.

As for FS, he truly has a heart as big as gold and is the most dedicated doctor I have come across literally working 7 days a week including public holidays for the benefit of his patients. The whole point of the forum was an information session for people in our position, at the end of their own IVF journey and to give them some options for parenthood. He was there, however, wanted the seminar not to simply be a sales pitch for Argentina, but to give a balanced view of many people's experiences with other countries and clinics. People there were just desperate for information and it was overwhelming to see a room full of people coming to terms with the end of their own journeys and entering the beginnings of thought process behind egg donation. Also a stark reminder of how different Australia is culturally in the whole egg donation process.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, sorry to intrude on your thread.
    I'm thinking of going to SA and in particular going through Gift of Life at Cape Town and I think it's called CFC. Can anyone tell me how much money I would need for a one adult ticket, basic self contained accom, gift of life, CFC and basic spending money. ie doing it on the cheap (as much as possible) for one adult??
    I really want to go ASAP but I also have been naughty with my finances, mainly with ivf and have racked up a huge debt .
    I'm sure others out there reading would be keen to know too.
    Thanks ladies in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Amandamoo! you are in the right place if you want to know about egg donation in SA! Im gathering you have trawled through the thread to glean as much info as you can to inform your decision. Firstly, you will need to take your bloke with you on your first visit to SA as you will need his sperm, unless you are considering donation of both sperm and egg? I needed to go back a second time, and we froze sperm on our first visit just in case. If you look through my posts you will see how I did a solo visit. We used Gift ov Life, and yet again, I cannot speak more highly of them. CFC is a very professional clinic and you will get good care from them. I am 16 weeks pregnant with twins (from a 22 yo donor) and all the trauma of IVF, and the effort put in in SA has been soo worth it. The women on this forum are so very supportive, and their knowledge on this subject is fantastic. I wish you all the best. WJ

12. The Following User Says Thank You to wilson joy For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (01-10-2012)