Closed Thread
Page 32 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Jed - your post has made my day .

With those quality blastocysts you are sure to get a positive. Dr Wiswedel, albeit notmy Dr at the time reassured me I had an 80% chance with a good and average graded expanding blast. So I have a really good feeling for you.

Thank you for your reassuring words.

Tell the hotel you want a metered taxi to take you to the V&A waterfront shopping centre and give yourself a treat.

Also take the next couple of days to take advantage of resting. Snuggle with a book. Xxx

Ps - if you feel that you are getting a temp, take just plain old panadol. You don't want to over cook your embies.
    Last edited by laned; 18-09-2012 at 08:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well Done on your transfer Jed! Hang in there, youll be home soon!
    Laned, Im so glad things have settled down for you. It must have been very scary.
    SVD welcome! If this is the path you have chosen, then you are in the right place as these women are amazingly supportive and knowledgeable.
    All seems to be well with me, my waistline is starting to expand a little, though in my clothes you couldnt tell I ws PG. I think its the right time to go and explore big girls clothes!! xxxWJ

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wilson joy For This Useful Post:

laned  (21-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jayell, yes I'm still around though I don't post a great deal, I always check to see what everyone is up to. The way I look at it is, it's a holiday whilst doing Ivf.Helen I've been thinking about your posts re Dr Le Roux and NK cells. perhaps in your next round you should go with another doc, it's a big trip honey and you don't come across as too enamoured by him, which I feel bad about, I thought he was wonderful but I don't have NK cells. There is nothing worse than a doc who doesn't take your condition into consideration just because there isn't enough research for them to change their mind as yet.Laned I was a little worried for you but hopefully things are sorting themselves out. You should be seeing or hearing a little heartbeat soon.Jed sounds like you have a possible twin situation happening there lol. Seriously the docs generally know if an egg is going to be viable or not and sounds like you will have a positive very shortly, don't keep us waiting though...SVD welcome good luck on your journey to motherhood. If we can help just ask.Im just waiting for bub to wake up, he hasn't had his 10am feed yet I might have to go in there and wake him up shortly as we are meeting up with the other mothers. He is on solids twice a day now, sleeps most of the night though he does wake up he puts himself back to sleep. He isn't crawling yet but is rolling. He is very entertaining even when throwing a temper tantrum, I never knew they started those so early lol. Good luck with your pregnancies all and to those on their journeys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, thanks for your words of encouragement. Am in a funny frame of mind now - its 2 days post transfer and I haven't had any cramping or anything and now I'm worried that because the rest of the embryo's didn't make it to blast (and in fact were extremely poor quality on day 3) that that reflects badly for the 2 that they transferred. I soooo want this to work so we can just put the past 10 years behind us and move on with our lives and I'm not sure we can afford of face another trip to South Africa to do it all again. I know its still early days - and perhaps sitting around here on my own with nothing to do other than symptom obsess isn't doing me any good. Thank goodness i fly home tomorrow! Blood test isn't until next Wed but I don't think I will be able to resist POAS before then!

Jodi - so good to hear that all is going so well for you - good luck with those tantrums!

WJ - you go girl - check out those 'big girl clothes'! How exciting!

Ianed - how are you going hun? I hope you haven't had any more bleeding? When is your next scan?

Helen and Summershine!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JED For This Useful Post:

laned  (20-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jed - I feel for you Hun. The waiting period does terrible things to ones rational mind. I found myself over analyzing every symptom potential twinge etc. with my last pregnancy I definitely felt an implantation twinge, however with this one I felt nothing at all. To the point I didn't even know whether the transfer took place because I had no recollection of the event due to the Midazolam.

I know it it so hard for you. I am pleased that you will be returning home soon to be in familiar surrounds and with loved ones. Have everything crossed for you. Have a restful journey home. Much love to you and your springboks xx

AFM - scan was brought forward early today. There was no evidence of further bleeding and DH and I saw and heard heartbeat, albeit a bit slow at 115, so with help from the fertility gods this little one will hopefully power on. I have kept my scan appointment for next Monday more for reassurance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jed,

I haven't been in your situation (yet) but I really feel for you and wish you every success.

J

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by laned View Post
    AFM - scan was brought forward early today. There was no evidence of further bleeding and DH and I saw and heard heartbeat, albeit a bit slow at 115, so with help from the fertility gods this little one will hopefully power on. I have kept my scan appointment for next Monday more for reassurance.
    All the best to you too Laned

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jayell For This Useful Post:

laned  (20-09-2012)

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Laned - I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that you saw Springbok's hearbeat. That is such wonderful news. Wishing you all the very best and that lil' bub stay's strong.

Jed - Hang in there honey, I didn't feel and implantation whatsoever when I was pregnant with my son. In fact I was convinced my AF was about to show as I had AF pain. With my chemical pregnancy (back in June) I felt implantation FULL ON and it ended up not sticking!! So go figure!! Won't be long now and you'll be home with DH. Take care.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to helenmac For This Useful Post:

laned  (20-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jayell and Helen - thnk you for your kind words.

Jed - just popping into wish you the very best, don't know whether your in transit yet, but hoping you are well on your way home. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, well i am home and quite jet lagged but i am sad to say that it hasnt worked for us unfortunately. and since we have no frosties that is the end of the road for us as we clearly have a sperm problem as well as an egg problem and i just dont think it would be right to use donor egg and sperm. pretty devastated to say the least. but just wanted to say thanks so much for your support ladies and best of luck with your pregancies Ianed, summershine and WJ - and also for your upcoming frozen transfer Helen.

Xxx